Toast The New Carlton Thread: 5 wooden spoons this century (next worst is 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

This paragraph caught my eye on AFL.com.

"Power, the former Bulldog and Kangaroos left-footer, became a lawyer after his playing career ended before joining Carlton as an integrity officer and scout within the Blues' football department."

full

Reckon he found any?

Mick wrote an interesting article a few days ago in the Herald Sun roasting Carlton’s culture.

He was reflecting on a regular board meeting at Carlton …

“ … I was informed of a five year plan to win a Premiership. I was in my second year at the club and was told we were three years into a plan that I was completely unaware of. They asked for my assessment but didn’t like the answer.”

🤣
Didn't he say when he got to Carlton he was bullish about their chances? I can't remember his exact words but something along the lines of finals being a given and they'd be challenging.

Didn't he say when he got to Carlton he was bullish about their chances? I can't remember his exact words but something along the lines of finals being a given and they'd be challenging.

He did, but to his credit they did play finals in his first year (as a result of finishing ninth and Essendon being kicked out of finals due to the supplements scandal). IIRC they even won their elimination final.

Then there was his famous misquote in his third (IIRC?) and final year that “I can’t see how we can lose a game this season” on his way to getting the boot mid-year and Carlton getting the wooden spoon.

Mick did clarify in his article that he had believed that Carlton had systemic problems with their list, that too many players were being over-paid on lengthy contracts, and that it would take years to clear that up so that Carlton could be competitive.

Keeps getting better....

Blues ask Pies for help with hiring process

https://www.zerohanger.com/blues-ask-pies-for-help-with-hiring-process-90247/

They need help in order to be able to do this?

"The Collingwood Football Club appointed a sub-committee, one of whom came from outside but was a former player in Luke Ball, it was headed by Graham Wright who ran it and a lot of candidates were interviewed," Wilson said.

"They got down to a shortlist of three or four, and out of that they identified Craig McRae."

Giansiracusa seems like too decent of a bloke to have his mental health put through the ringer by coaching Carlton underneath a board that expects to be playing finals next year.

In fact, the only person I would legitimately want to see be put in that position is Ross so hopefully he backflips yet again.

On SM-G981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not according to the Carlton board…Clarko is still coming

+ the reason why everybody else is knocking it back is because they all know Clarko will end up with the gig.

I kid you not, someone posted that!

🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the smartest move Carlton has made in 20 years.....unfortunately.
Yes it is, but can he keep the board out of the footy department, and with realistic ideas of where they actually are

Unfortunately I think the blues will turn things around next season and play finals. They will appoint their new coach next week which will allow them to focus on their biggest on field deficiency - leadership.

We are behind them in our rebuild but I'm confident we have the pieces in place to go past them in 3 to 4 years

Unfortunately I think the blues will turn things around next season and play finals. They will appoint their new coach next week which will allow them to focus on their biggest on field deficiency - leadership.

We are behind them in our rebuild but I'm confident we have the pieces in place to go past them in 3 to 4 years
Behind them in our rebuild 😂, how many rebuilds of rebuilds have they had?

Behind them in our rebuild 😂, how many rebuilds of rebuilds have they had?
Yes, with the drafting & recruiting they’ve done…should be playing finals already.
Actually in top up mode.
Apparently the Cook Clarkson combo will deliver that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back