Rumour Tales from the Henley Beach Cafe 2: Crows 2021 Rumours

Where do you think Jordan Dawson ends up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
its likely to be no better than pick 17 this year...unless Sydney really fancy the draft next year
Why?

Melbourne were ninth last year and 17th the year before.

A rough off season and they absolutely could go backwards.

I like that pick trade.

We get a first and an okay 2nd for a second and two mediocre picks.

It's like a third round pick somehow got 23 into the first round and upgraded our second as well.

Dawson PSD
Pick 4, 2021 1st and Melbs 2021 1st for North pick 1
Do it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
how about no.

and instead..

Dawson PSD
pick 4 on a player
our 2022 1st and the 2022 dees 1st on luko and rankine

and then a big chunk of sloanes $850k contract that ends in 2023 waved in the face of a just out of contract Jason Horne..

how about no.

and instead..

Dawson PSD
pick 4 on a player
our 2022 1st and the 2022 dees 1st on luko and rankine

and then a big chunk of sloanes $850k contract that ends in 2023 waved in the face of a just out of contract Jason Horne..
Why? Because it's much harder to convince someone to come home after two years than to get it done in the first place.

Why? Because it's much harder to convince someone to come home after two years than to get it done in the first place.
not wasting 3 1st round picks (two probably very good ones too) on a completely unproven at AFL level youngster just because he’s shown some decent form in the SANFL where he’s been running around like an unregistered dog..

not wasting 3 1st round picks (two probably very good ones too) on a completely unproven at AFL level youngster just because he’s shown some decent form in the SANFL where he’s been running around like an unregistered dog..
Fairly harsh on JHF

Fairly harsh on JHF
harsh but true..

he hasn't yet played a single game at the highest level.
SANFL form doesnt automatically translate to AFL.
he has been running around free in the sanfl.. wonder how he’ll go against the much fitter and smarter AFL opponents and possibly a hard tag.

three firsts (4 being 1, a top 10 being another and the dees pick) all on one unproven player is just ludicrously overpaying IMO.

harsh but true..

he has been running around free in the sanfl.. wonder how he’ll go against the much fitter and smarter AFL opponents and possibly a hard tag.

three firsts (4 being 1, a top 10 being another and the dees pick) all on one unproven player is just ludicrously overpaying IMO.
Oh I think that's way too much for him I agree, but I'll be staggered if he doesn't end up a very high level AFL footballer.

harsh but true..

I think something like this could be orchestrated.

Pick 4, future first (5-7), Melbourne future first (15-18)
For
Pick 1 (JFH) and North future second (19-23)

The difference between Melbourne first and North second could end up being neglible (17 vs 20).

I think something like this could be orchestrated.

Pick 4, future first (5-7), Melbourne future first (15-18)
For
Pick 1 (JFH) and North future second (19-23)

The difference between Melbourne first and North second could end up being neglible (17 vs 20).
Too much

Dawson PSD
Pick 4, 2021 1st and Melbs 2021 1st for North pick 1
Do it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The short answer is "no"

The long answer is "* no"

Oh I think that's way too much for him I agree, but I'll be staggered if he doesn't end up a very high level AFL footballer.
he may well be.. we’ll find out in the coming years..

the odds are stacked against him being the best player in his draft class if you look at the other 1st pick players taken in the last decade.. nearly all of them have been surpassed by players picked after them. and all those first pick players also had their tyres pumped up and were talked about as being “generational talents”, blah, blah, blah too… the media do it every year..

I think he ultimately will be but just saying the odd aren't in his favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

harsh but true..

Got to admit I'm sick of hearing about Horne. If he was available last year we would have him but it's not last year. He's never coming to us. Any player can do a knee and there career is over just like that. Hopefully Horne goes onto have a good career but there's no guarantee he will be a champion. Geelong thought Danger would get them a flag didn't they but the bloke can't kick and goes missing. One player doesn't make a team. Give me a champion team any day of the week.

Got to admit I'm sick of hearing about Horne. If he was available last year we would have him but it's not last year. He's never coming to us. Any player can do a knee and there career is over just like that. Hopefully Horne goes onto have a good career but there's no guarantee he will be a champion. Geelong thought Danger would get them a flag didn't they but the bloke can't kick and goes missing. One player doesn't make a team. Give me a champion team any day of the week.

It's really unlikely we'd have Horne if he was available last year, just because of Thilthorpe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back