Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

We finished 3rd, disappointing last game. Your not an idiot your a loyal supporter, unlike some.
I've been a member for 15+ years, I've seen some s**t other than our last game of this season. Thanks for trying, but I can confirm that I am an idiot.

Our membership portal is an abomination and has been for years. I got an email saying it was going to be better this year, with memberships grouped so you could transact in one go. I buy four memberships, two are in the portal and it doesn't tell me which two. There doesn't seem to be any way to add or remove memberships, or check member numbers.

So I still have to spend the Club's money to ring the club to renew. What's the point of having an online system to save costs if it doesn't?
I manage 2 memberships with two different emails/users. It would be very annoying if I had to do it for 4 or more. It's Ticketmaster's level of shitness though, not the club's fault.

I noticed there is now an option to opt out of auto-renewals on the website.

View attachment 1253062
I've opted out of Auto Renewal for now. Not just due to s**t performance. With a father with Pancreatic cancer I don't know at this stage whether he'll still be around by the start of next season (unlikely to even be by end of year). With the borders set to open and COVID set to rip, even though he (and all the family) are fully vaccinated, if I get it and pass it on he'd be unlikely to survive it. If he's around and COVID is free here I'll be having to stay away from big events. Depending on circumstances I'll renew usual 2x Platinum later. Otherwise will drop to 2 3-game memberships and hope to get to games later in the season and fight the masses joining / re-joining when Hinkley is gone. With no doubt worse seats. c'est la vie.

I've opted out of Auto Renewal for now. Not just due to sh*t performance. With a father with Pancreatic cancer I don't know at this stage whether he'll still be around by the start of next season (unlikely to even be by end of year). With the borders set to open and COVID set to rip, even though he (and all the family) are fully vaccinated, if I get it and pass it on he'd be unlikely to survive it. If he's around and COVID is free here I'll be having to stay away from big events. Depending on circumstances I'll renew usual 2x Platinum later. Otherwise will drop to 2 3-game memberships and hope to get to games later in the season and fight the masses joining / re-joining when Hinkley is gone. With no doubt worse seats. c'est la vie.
Just wanted to say my Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last year, he was a massive Port fan. I went through the same as you last year with the hesitation of going to games etc and not wanting to expose the family - no great words of wisdom just wanted to say I hope you get to make the most of your time together and record lots of your conversations.

No reply from the membership department about my request to cancel the lot. I did give an explanation pointing the finger squarely at Koch and Hinkley.

An unknown assistant appointed. Watch those memberships taper off.

Agreed, the drums have been beating loudly since the prelim debacle and unless there is at least one top line player traded in, and/or an assistant coaching coup (unlikely), I will be very surprised if there isn't at least a 5k drop off in membership renewals, and not particularly surprised if it's 10k plus.

No reply from the membership department about my request to cancel the lot. I did give an explanation pointing the finger squarely at Koch and Hinkley.
All I got was yes no problem I will make sure it's canceled for season 2022, that was from Richo after expressing my views on Hinkley. I also got one from Kim Fryer who was very apologetic, more than I can say for Richo.

All I got was yes no problem I will make sure it's canceled for season 2022, that was from Richo after expressing my views on Hinkley. I also got one from Kim Fryer who was very apologetic, more than I can say for Richo.
What do you want him to say? I’ll sack him tomorrow?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked for some changes using their website and email as contact.. just logged in after hearing nothing and all invoices are the same.

Haven't received a response either. Not a big fan of spokespeople of the club such as Hinkley s**t on people like us, then use the classic manipulative tactic of '...you don't want us to be like we were in 2012 do you? If you cancel your membership, it's on you" as a way to ensure that they keep our money.
I'm not even angry, after the prelim this year I didn't care. I was happy for the Bulldogs. Complete apathy and lack of surprise in results such as the Prelim is more or less what I have towards the club.

I see 119 everywhere, must be a Numerology thing however meaning of 119 during google searches doesn't suggest our experience back in 2007 unless you look at it from a Geelong supporter.
I bought an certain dollar value amount of shares in an asx list company and the last 3 digits of how many shares I received for said investment? 119.

Lures. Email from the club today...

6166689a1d8c5.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back