Play Nice 45th President of the United States: Donald Trump - Part 16: One-Hit Wonder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Part 17 of this thread is here ->

Joe Biden, 46th President Thread is over there ->

Presidential Election Aftermath thread is here ->

Last edited by a moderator:
There was nobody dancing in the streets when Powell died, I don't think that we'll able to say the same when Trump does.

You've changed.

For all his flaws he was a reminder of the not so distant past when the GOP wasn't full of the dregs of humanity.

Not so sure about that. His UN speech with the made up story of Iraq's WMD will forever taint his image.

A criminal waste of life & treasure. The US MI complex made a fortune. Everyone else paid the bill.

The way he thinks he’s giving someone a compliment but actually shits on their legacy. Shows was a POS Trump really is

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Powell shat on his own legacy with a very big lie that cost a lot of lives

Never met a Trumpie who was pro the Iraqi wars yet they all seem to be happy to demonise Islamic community as often as they can. The cynic in me says they either missed them alltogether because prior to Trump their chief interests were masturbation and crystal meth or they are conveniently rewriting history.

Never met a Trumpie who was pro the Iraqi wars yet they all seem to be happy to demonise Islamic community as often as they can. The cynic in me says they either missed them alltogether because prior to Trump their chief interests were masturbation and crystal meth or they are conveniently rewriting history.
So Powell didn't sh!t on his own legacy?

I'm not a big fan of politicians btw

Trump would crap all over the Dalai Lama’s legacy, that’s the sort of jagoff he is. No matter who you are you get the famous disingenuous tribute. Trump loves to play Monday morning quarterback

Trump said he was against the war.

However he was recorded on a shock jock radio show supporting a war, some months BEFORE it started.

Just one more big fat lie from the big fat fake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trump would crap all over the Dalai Lama’s legacy, that’s the sort of jagoff he is. No matter who you are you get the famous disingenuous tribute. Trump loves to play Monday morning quarterback

Donny , Donny , Donny - so predictable as always , the disingenuous tribute indeed plus the dose of narcissism we all love by making it about him as well.
FFS someone give the dotard a hug or a BJ........ :eek:

I suspect he was wrong not lying. Lied to, and gullible, but not a liar.

Powell began his rise to prominence by whitewashing the massacre of innocent villagers in My Lai.

Trump's belittlement of the multitude of arseholes who've built their career in politics is part of his appeal, and certainly in 2016 his complete annihilation of every other dickhead Republican contesting for the nomination before Hillary Clinton was a humiliation each and every one of them deserved. That's not to say Trump deserved to become President, or that the people of the world deserved to have him as the world's most powerful person.

And still, Powell deserved this eulogy. He was a liar and a warmonger who was in part responsible for hundreds of thousands of innocents dying in Iraq. No action would have been more likely in stopping this happening than him telling the truth at the UN. But he didn't do that, and was never going to do that, because that's not who he was.

Hard to tell since one was part of a government responsible for a lot of deaths and the other guy wasn't

No, it's actually very easy to tell since no-one is denying what Powell did and was and absolutely no-one is worshipping him here.

But the love for the extreme low life Trump on here is as disturbing as it is pathetic.

No, it's actually very easy to tell since no-one is denying what Powell did and was and absolutely no-one is worshipping him here.

But the love for the extreme low life Trump on here is as disturbing as it is pathetic.
I haven't gone through the whole thread but I don't see him get a lot of love, even from the those supposedly supporting him.

He's been a great distraction though

I haven't gone through the whole thread but I don't see him get a lot of love, even from the those supposedly supporting him.

He's been a great distraction though

Probably correct.

I get that plenty of people hate lefties so they choose the other team and barrack as hard as they can. So, Trump support is just a side-effect of that in many cases, but it does require them to align with one of history's most reprehensible humans and I simply don't get why people are OK with that.

And there are some that truly think he is great, which is delusional as he wouldn't give them the steam off his p*ss unless they were donating to him or buffing his extreme yet fragile ego with gushing compliments.

Meh not a fan of Trump but that statement is low on the list of ordinary things he has said. In fact it's pretty accurate.

Powell went along with war criminals knowing damn well Iraq had no WMDs. These ghouls responsible for the deaths of millions don't get to have redemption arcs and then clutch their pearls when people are impolite about them.

Probably correct.

I get that plenty of people hate lefties so they choose the other team and barrack as hard as they can. So, Trump support is just a side-effect of that in many cases, but it does require them to align with one of history's most reprehensible humans and I simply don't get why people are OK with that.

And there are some that truly think he is great, which is delusional as he wouldn't give them the steam off his p*ss unless they were donating to him or buffing his extreme yet fragile ego with gushing compliments.
Only thing I'll disagree with is that I don't think history will judge him as harshly as you think.

Meh not a fan of Trump but that statement is low on the list of ordinary things he has said. In fact it's pretty accurate.

Powell went along with war criminals knowing damn well Iraq had no WMDs. These ghouls responsible for the deaths of millions don't get to have redemption arcs and then clutch their pearls when people are impolite about them.

Fair, except that as usual, Trump made it about himself. And the usual complete lack of self awareness in calling others on poor behaviour and mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back