Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Would a more positive physical action have a broader appeal? Like raising arms skyward, linking hands, making some sort of hand gesture? Perhaps the idea of kneeling is seen to be a negative action. Shouldn't the idea with progression on these issues be about raising everyone up? Giving the same opportunities to people regardless of skin colour etc. Why do people have to step back, or stand down, or kneel?

BLM has officially lost all substance.

Pretty std procedure these days, player makes choice. Issue eventuates. Board or committee sit down with player and tell them to read out this statement. Player reads it out. all is good in the world until, the next time.

Would a more positive physical action have a broader appeal? Like raising arms skyward, linking hands, making some sort of hand gesture? Perhaps the idea of kneeling is seen to be a negative action. Shouldn't the idea with progression on these issues be about raising everyone up? Giving the same opportunities to people regardless of skin colour etc. Why do people have to step back, or stand down, or kneel?

remember it started as a protest during national anthem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good questions for an open mind.

Taking the knee

I did complain about players being forced to not take a knee on the field, even though I think they have got the issue wrong because there is no racial bias for police shootings in America when accounting for violent crime.

The point is you should get to protest. Or not protest.
Wait, who has got the issue wrong?

remember it started as a protest during national anthem.
Yeah i do remember that and understand the idea behind it. 'Im taking a knee until racial equality exists' or something along those lines wasn't it? I just wish at some point it was rebranded, as I do more broadly on these issues. To me one of the biggest stumbling blocks is the feeling that people (generally white people regardless of success/ wealth/ lineage) have to feel quilt or shame for something they have had no influence over. A more positive approach along the lines of this is how people succeed (stay in school, avoid substance abuse, provide a stable home, work hard), now how can we help more people achieve that, is a better method. Now many will argue that those things I mentioned are not a reality for many and I understand that. The question is, do we look to help people make those things a reality or are we suggesting there is another pathway be created to success/ wealth? Not all those things are required of course, but it has been a fairly successful formula in achieving success in many cultures.

Only to people who like to pretend otherwise. It is now officially a mandated ceremony with zero meaning.
So is marriage. It's just a ceremony to mandate your relationship when you think about it. I'm old enough to remember when us NTTAWWTs rejected it as being part heterosexual normalcy.

So is marriage. It's just a ceremony to mandate your relationship when you think about it. I'm old enough to remember when us NTTAWWTs rejected it as being part heterosexual normalcy.
Sure, no one is compelling people to get married though

Yeah i do remember that and understand the idea behind it. 'Im taking a knee until racial equality exists' or something along those lines wasn't it? I just wish at some point it was rebranded, as I do more broadly on these issues. To me one of the biggest stumbling blocks is the feeling that people (generally white people regardless of success/ wealth/ lineage) have to feel quilt or shame for something they have had no influence over. A more positive approach along the lines of this is how people succeed (stay in school, avoid substance abuse, provide a stable home, work hard), now how can we help more people achieve that, is a better method. Now many will argue that those things I mentioned are not a reality for many and I understand that. The question is, do we look to help people make those things a reality or are we suggesting there is another pathway be created to success/ wealth? Not all those things are required of course, but it has been a fairly successful formula in achieving success in many cultures.

I find the argument that people shouldn't have to feel shame over the actions of their country to be a bit ridiculous. I mean, they generally have no issues feeling pride over their country's history, they have parades and everything.

What did it mean?

If it's lost all meaning. What was its original meaning?

Feel free to totally avoid engaging. I don't blame you.
That the people engaging in the ceremony legitimately gave a s**t...not hard

I find the argument that people shouldn't have to feel shame over the actions of their country to be a bit ridiculous. I mean, they generally have no issues feeling pride over their country's history, they have parades and everything.
Lewis Hamilton is more oppressed than a poor white guy born into generational poverty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back