Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

wipe the egg off your face matt

Quentin confirmed that he initially refused because he felt it was inappropriate to be told what when and how to protest. It's the people who called him a racist who have egg on their faces.

everybody else is not holding themselves out as leaders of a movement for racial equality, democracy and social justice (and against mass incarceration) while being paid $100m+

the problem is the hypocrisy - not taking the money which 99% of people would do in the same position, me included.

On reflection I mostly agree it;s hypocrisy. Just like anyone complaining about "forced" kneeling while not up in arms about national athems and minutes silenceon Anzac day.

The jolly old free market has spoken again, de Kock has realised that the online good on ya, freedums crowd ain't going to pay his mortgage and that if he wants to stay on this bandwagon his employers have expectations of him.

Don't pretend it's activism then.

Symbolism representing your country it's entirely within their actual work remit. Your pull on natioonal colours, it does not come without conditions.
It's symbolic of coercion. For all we know nobody wanted to do it. The knee motif fits nicely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On reflection I mostly agree it;s hypocrisy. Just like anyone complaining about "forced" kneeling while not up in arms about national athems and minutes silenceon Anzac day.
Sorry where does it say its "mandatory" to stand to attention or place your hand over your heart or sing or stay silent - think you are a little confused as there is no mandatory directive at all in your comparisons

Keep in mind that plenty of sportspeople have taken a knee in recent times during an anthem playing and whilst others have taken the decision to stand or even not be on the field

Symbolism representing your country it's entirely within their actual work remit. Your pull on natioonal colours, it does not come without conditions.
Like all those sportspeople who have recently decided to kneel or not even be on the field during the national anthem and the said Sporting Body has tried to enforce the standing rule but has now all but given up ...... and its not only just the NFL

I am sure you probably agree its in their right to do this yet ...... it seems you also agree that CSA were well within their right to enforce their players to kneel?

I mean which is it?

Are people mandated to stand for the national anthem or Anzac Day or whatever your argument is?

More of a tradition but don't recall any mandate? Maybe you can clear this up for me?

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Seems that way and good on him. 100% in the right as well. But then again SA not the best at making policies are they

He was right to be against something that he wasn't against?

I asked you not to reply, unless you'd engage.

You haven't. That's fine. But I don't need to address your points, because I don't think you support them.
Just put him on ignore.

Yes, it's his right to fight someone telling him what to do. You disagree?

And it's had a bigger impact than cricket players taking a knee has had.

To be clear, it's not "someone", it's his employer.

He was right to be against something that he wasn't against?
It often works out that way, in the minds of those who reduce complex issues and conflicting principles into a single, black or white argument. No pun intended.

History is replete with examples of men defending a personal hierarchy of principles.
Robert E Lee springs to mind. They tore down his statue too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back