Paul Hunter

Traded;
Luke Dunstan

Retired;
Jake Carlisle
Dylan Roberton
Shaun McKernan
James Frawley

To see the full playing list list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 - Tuesday November 9

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 - Monday November 15

AFL Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2 – completion: Thursday November 25 (7pm - late)

Preseason and Rookie Drafts
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday 6 December

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)

Pre-Season Christmas Break
Sunday 19 December - Sunday 9 January

Last edited by a moderator:
Also from what I’ve read (and let’s be clear, we are all speculating) north made him the offer, he was totally transparent with the Suns and they didn’t counter offer (because they couldn’t).

So his agreement to the delisting process kinda goes out the window when someone else offers him double or triple his current deal.

Yeah, if people are at face value;

Greenwood + GCS deal.
North approach.
GCS + Greenwood deal scrapped as non compete.
Greenwood now at North.

That's up and up, no issue outside of GCS having s**t timing and North having nice timing for such a thing.

Jones is a different kettle since cut off is 3 months away basically as far as the AFL is concerned.

Your marriage is going along nicely, no issues. You suggest a divorce, with the idea to get back together later on.
Weird, but ok?
On the brief hiatus, the ex is seduced by a fitter, more charming and wealthy version of yourself. They’re smitten, you’ve lost them.
Who is at fault?

i'm not too sure who the "fitter, more charming and wealthy version" is out of GC and North...

check out the poor guys history:

Adelaide (who tortured their own players -> GC who are inherently ****ed onfield but have a sugar daddy in the AFL -> NM who are like GC and inherently ****ed onfield but also their sugar daddy does not want them

the funny thing is the AFL tried to turn NM into GC

what a history!

Last edited:
May 3, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good business from North. There must have been some kind of actual reason that HG was one to be delisted and rookied from the Suns perspective, but ultimately they opened themselves up to exactly this. And if a supposed scrambled counter offer still wasn’t enough to retain him/knock North back, something is awry anyway surely.

To us its a religion, to them (most) its a job

Of course you take the bigger pay day and job security over "loyalty"

Hell 40% of Americans are quitting their job for a change right now and Aus will see the same thing in 2022.

Be honest, if faced with 400k and nothing else vs 800k + maybe 1.2m of course you make that call.

Some players would be loyal, but why expect it from a guy who was poached to the club only one year ago?

There is an element of loyalty that I'd expect from Greenwood to not leave the Suns in the situation he was in, but I can also see that at the end of the day it's a business and quite frankly the Suns shouldn't have toyed with the risk involved in delisting one of your best midfielders. It's easy to see both sides. It was a ruthless move by North Melbourne and not one that makes many friends, but if they're in the business of doing whatever they can to be successful, you don't care what outsiders think and you make decisions that may not be popular but allow you to improve.

Ultimately Gold Coast are to blame, it was their decision to delist him.

Gold Coast should have found a player that was more on the fringes to delist and rerookie

tried telling you guys.....

1637054920321.png

might see if i can rewatch that colts grand final. he was amazing in it from memory. johnson also played.

hopefully he slides

Goals:
- nice stoppage goal 6 mins 20 seconds in
- nice running goal in seriously windy conditions 31 mins in. nails it off a couple of steps.
- nice break away goal 1hr 6 mins in
- crumbs his own mark for a goal 1hr 9 mins in

will do the rest tonight.

Last edited:

View attachment 1281725

might see if i can rewatch that colts grand final. he was amazing in it from memory. johnson also played.

hopefully he slides

Goals:

I didn't see it but he reminds me a bit of a front half Coffield from the highlights. Marks well though.

i'm not too sure who the "fitter, more charming and wealthy version" is out of GC and North...

check out the poor guys history:

Adelaide (who tortured their own players -> GC who are inherently f’ed onfield but have a sugar daddy in the AFL -> NM who are like GC and inherently f’ed onfield but also their sugar daddy does not want them

the funny thing is the AFL tried to turn NM into GC

what a history!

OK , lets just say that North are the Hobo that didn't urinate in their pants today.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

View attachment 1281725

hopefully he slides

Goals:
- nice running goal in seriously windy conditions 31 mins in. nails it off a couple of steps.

will do the rest tonight.

erasmus looks a winner, great touch, this was in his underage year?

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Exactly. Interesting to see the same people labelling Liam Jones as "stupid" for "giving up $500k" aren't keeping that same energy with a player bettering his income...
Entirely consistent in regards to maximising income from football.
Poor troll effort, you made yourself look silly and facile.
On another note does Hill's tongue look out of condition, a bit fat?
Screenshot_20211116-215950_Facebook.jpg

Dard Ball Get

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 23, 2016
W.A
AFL Club
St Kilda
Entirely consistent in regards to maximising income from football.
Poor troll effort, you made yourself look silly and facile.
On another note does Hill's tongue look out of condition, a bit fat?View attachment 1281802
Speaking of facile, does this mean you’ve formally reinstated yourself into the thread? I must have missed your announcement.

Speaking of facile, does this mean you’ve formally reinstated yourself into the thread? I must have missed your announcement.
GZ8Lm1I.png

His Royal Highness Joffaboy request the pleasure of the company of BigFooty posters at the announcement of their arrival at 2021 Trade Thread, BigFooty Saints Forum on Tuesday 16th November, 2021 at 11 p.m. followed by a Reception at 2021 General AFL Discussion."

This event will be live-streamed via the video player available below. Full replay available after proceedings.

BarkerFan

Team Captain
Nov 26, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
erasmus looks a winner, great touch, this was in his underage year?

wow Erasmus in his underage year... and has 31/12 birthday

Will be gone by our pick but geez.. looks a total gun and the one most likely to be in the Petracca/Martin/Bont mould of this year. He bullies them at Colts level, even though he is so young

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC

Another poor troll, really losing your touch.

I know you follow me (like a little puppy dog) so I KNOW you saw the announcement. Stop trying to one up the master, your envy is transparent.

Last edited:

Sainter1873

Senior List
Jul 1, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Good business from North. There must have been some kind of actual reason that HG was one to be delisted and rookied from the Suns perspective, but ultimately they opened themselves up to exactly this. And if a supposed scrambled counter offer still wasn’t enough to retain him/knock North back, something is awry anyway surely.
Don't think it was to rookie him, I think it was just to fulfil the minimum three draft selections at the national draft.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
wow Erasmus in his underage year... and has 31/12 birthday

Will be gone by our pick but geez.. looks a total gun and the one most likely to be in the Petracca/Martin/Bont mould of this year. He bullies them at Colts level, even though he is so young
oh man.. that sucks.

I guess the other clubs are cool with his rampant diabetes/leprosy

honestly though if he slides we must take

Back