Official Match Thread S32 Second Semi Final: Roys FFC vs Gumbies FFC at The BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

WHo's gonna stop me
It is a direct ponzi scheme.

The asset you are buying has no income producing capabilities you are purchasing on the basis that someone in the future will pay more for the same asset.
Also they are not scarce, and in fact the same or similar can be reproduced in a limitless manner.
Eh, debatable, you need to mint them on the eth market if you wan't it to sell, it's at. least 5 dollars per mint and most companied do thousands.

Eh, debatable, you need to mint them on the eth market if you wan't it to sell, it's at. least 5 dollars per mint and most companied do thousands.

Im not quite sure what your point is.
Any individual NFT may be limited, but there is literally limitless things you can turn into a NFT. Each of which will fluctuate in value.

Not too dissimilar to sports memorabilia, for a while it was quite valuable. But over time they are not worth much anymore as there is so much out there.

A piece may be limited edition, but there is literally 5 squillion sets of limited edition stuff.

Im not quite sure what your point is.
Any individual NFT may be limited, but there is literally limitless things you can turn into a NFT. Each of which will fluctuate in value.

Not too dissimilar to sports memorabilia, for a while it was quite valuable. But over time they are not worth much anymore as there is so much out there.

A piece may be limited edition, but there is literally 5 squillion sets of limited edition stuff.
My point is, projects have some legitimacy to them especially on the ETH market, nobody is gonna pay 2k to mint a NFT project that nobody will buy, they way people make money is by spotting up and coming projects.
Another way is by celebrities getting paid to promote one, which would up the value.
It's not really a argument to say "you're relying on people actually buying it" because people are buying them, I'm as confused as the next person as to why they buy them but they do 🤷‍♂️ .

My point is, projects have some legitimacy to them especially on the ETH market, nobody is gonna pay 2k to mint a NFT project that nobody will buy, they way people make money is by spotting up and coming projects.
Another way is by celebrities getting paid to promote one, which would up the value.
It's not really a argument to say "you're relying on people actually buying it" because people are buying them, I'm as confused as the next person as to why they buy them but they do 🤷‍♂️ .
At the moment people are buying them, hoping they can sell them later. This is creating a market.
It is also a Ponzi scheme.
Eventually the value of any asset is linked to the utility it provides (which is obviously subjective in view of the buyer/seller)

They have virtually no utility. So long term there is no real value (or very limited value)

Same as crypto currency. People talk about these becoming legal tender, soo as it becomes legal tender it can no longer be a rapidly appreciating asset.

There will be some significant appreciation in this market for a while, but it will also crash.

This is not new. Basketball cards, sports memorabilia are recent examples but the most famous of all is Tulip mania. People in Holland were paying 10 times years salary of a skilled worker for tulip bulbs. Not surprisingly it crashed.

Horrendous day
My brother was at the game, literally the only shield game he has been to.
Seen so many players hit with no consequences.
Sad day.
* this is really eerie.
I’m literally sitting in the carpark at the Golf course about to leave reading this, pretty much in the exact same spot and same time of day as when I heard the news.
Really eerie. And 7 years! That’s just scary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3/7. _Mike_
3. Runk
4. JackNah_8
7. Barrels
08. TedDougChris (C)
9. Roylion
11. A Bit High
12. Freo_4eva
14. Lore (R)
16. RU_
20. windyhill
22. Mobbs (LG)
26. Allikat
30. Mooch (LG)
32. hotchilli (R)
33. Wosh (LG)
34. Supersuns
35. fitzroybowiedog (VC)
36. Dingster (LG)
37. Zevon
41. FitzroyRamone
44. royboy2
46. Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever (R)
50. Aristotle Pickett
72. Beandip
85. Chezzalenko Reborn

Do I need to keep going ??
Yes because I wanna see how big the list is

At the moment people are buying them, hoping they can sell them later. This is creating a market.
It is also a Ponzi scheme.
Eventually the value of any asset is linked to the utility it provides (which is obviously subjective in view of the buyer/seller)

They have virtually no utility. So long term there is no real value (or very limited value)

Same as crypto currency. People talk about these becoming legal tender, soo as it becomes legal tender it can no longer be a rapidly appreciating asset.

There will be some significant appreciation in this market for a while, but it will also crash.

This is not new. Basketball cards, sports memorabilia are recent examples but the most famous of all is Tulip mania. People in Holland were paying 10 times years salary of a skilled worker for tulip bulbs. Not surprisingly it crashed.

you can't compare crypto to basketball cards, what you're telling me is that you think it has no long term value?

you can't compare crypto to basketball cards, what you're telling me is that you think it has no long term value?
I can and I did.
I even gave you a reason why. Both are essentially collectibles.

I actually think that there will be a crypto currency that becomes a genuine tender. But not in its current format.

Currently people are using Crypto as an investment asset that they are hoping appreciates. Most people that own it are talking about it increasing by multiples.

If people see it as an investment asset it is useless as a currency. No one can use a currency that fluctuates wildly in value. In order for it to be a currency it has to be stable. Otherwise it is useless.

Crypto could have become a gold replacement and a "store of value" asset, but store of value assets are defensive assets and need to be reletively stable, crypto is no longer that asset.

Therefore in its current format it serves no utility. If it serves not utility and it has no inherent value. A currency is a symbol of barter, and are not investment assets. You dont hold onto Australian dollars hoping they will accumulate.

people are paying big dollars for crypto now for one reason only, they think someone else will pay more for it in the future.

The ride will continue to go up, but eventually it will crash.

crypto in its current form is a game of beat the buzzer, when to get it out is the key to success. It could be 6 months or 6 years.

crypto in its current form is a game of beat the buzzer, when to get it out is the key to success. It could be 6 months or 6 years.
October is a very dangerous month on the Stock Exchange. The others are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September November and December :).

I can and I did.
I even gave you a reason why. Both are essentially collectibles.

I actually think that there will be a crypto currency that becomes a genuine tender. But not in its current format.

Currently people are using Crypto as an investment asset that they are hoping appreciates. Most people that own it are talking about it increasing by multiples.

If people see it as an investment asset it is useless as a currency. No one can use a currency that fluctuates wildly in value. In order for it to be a currency it has to be stable. Otherwise it is useless.

Crypto could have become a gold replacement and a "store of value" asset, but store of value assets are defensive assets and need to be reletively stable, crypto is no longer that asset.

Therefore in its current format it serves no utility. If it serves not utility and it has no inherent value. A currency is a symbol of barter, and are not investment assets. You dont hold onto Australian dollars hoping they will accumulate.

people are paying big dollars for crypto now for one reason only, they think someone else will pay more for it in the future.

The ride will continue to go up, but eventually it will crash.
Tesla accepts BTC, and it's a great example of a currency that works, there are countless places it can be used.
It's not hope if it's been proven to work, you can't use cheaper coins to try to help your argument because of course, they'll be volatile due to a lack of general stability due to for example a lack of financial backing from companies.
"A currency is a symbol of barter, and are not investment assets. You don't hold onto Australian dollars hoping they will accumulate." yeah, and crypto can be and is in some cases both, it's not that hard to figure out what will rise in the short or long term, CRO for example, is backed by a platform and an NBA stadium rebrand and as predicted is rising, you can talk about a single coin in that way but not an entire list of countless investments and currencies, ETH has it's own ecosystem with for example ENS, you can't deny it being a investment as well as a currency in some cases.

I can't wait til we play a game of qooty in the metaverse.

We can be live commentating our own feats whilst simultaneously yelling insults at each other.

What does ASMR stand for? I wanna know if I can use this for a Minecraft video, or whether or should just use GFYS like I suspect.
Aren't they the beeps in the sim whenever someone kicks a goal?

Or is it when Nigella licks the chocolate off the spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back