Analysis Make Dusty captain.

Your pick for Captain.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t think he would be keen on doing the off field stuff that comes with the title, plus would prefer he didn’t have the burden of needing to worry about changing up gameday tactics during the game
Let him just be Dusty maybe a co captain or vice captain

Lynch be all accounts has really stepped up over the past year so might be someone who gets the nod or the other guys who get mentioned Graham, Grimes, Vloss or Sheds

Don’t think he would be keen on doing the off field stuff that comes with the title, plus would prefer he didn’t have the burden of needing to worry about changing up gameday tactics during the game

Lynch be all accounts has really stepped up over the past year so might be someone who gets the nod or the other guys who get mentioned Graham, Grimes, Vloss or Sheds
I can't see Lynch getting it, I would put Lambert, Nank and Graham before him pus the others in the poll.

I can't see Lynch getting it, I would put Lambert, Nank and Graham before him pus the others in the poll.
Re Dusty I think he absolutely has the ability to do it just don’t think he would want it he title

Yeah agree Lynch would be a big Smokey but wouldn’t be completely shocked either just with the noise coming from people in the know about his leadership cred plus he’s got experience from being co captain at Gold Coast

Maybe with Jack getting older as well he might not put his hand up this year and Lynch/Dusty step into that duel VC roles we had in the past

Dusty would get it if he wants it.I doubt he'll want it.
For me i'd give it to Shedda.Yes its very Short term but how significant it would be for the entire club that he'd be our 1st Indigenous captain.
Think he has 2yrs left in him.

That’s ok, Nank will do the media stuff 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i still think Jack Graham. Look long term and he can still have the help from some over qualified assistants. I think we will see Graham become our midfield general from next year. I reckon he will thrive on the responsibility. Just let the likes of Dusty, Shedda, Lambert play (they missed a hell of a lot of footy last year)

I thought about setting up this exact thread with a poll a few days ago and then didn't get around to it.

100% behind it, but not talk him into it.
Players put their hand up, or get nominated or however the club gets the candidates. At that point we find out if he's interested.

He's mature enough now and ready for his next challenge... I hope he takes it on...Captain of the RFC.... Leads the team for another 5-6 years with finals every year and another flag or two.

Greatest of all time in the bag!!!

I have tossed and turned on so many of them. There really is so many options. I'll vote for Tom Lynch just to give the media the shits. Let him do it for 2-3 years then pass on hopefully to Jack, Jack Graham that is.

As much as id love to see Dusty do it I just really can't

I feel Dusty should be the next captain even if we have to talk him in to being captain.
He leads by example and makes other players better .
Let the vice captain do some more talking to the media if that gets Dusty across the line.
I love the premise, but the off field stuff is all part of being captain. The captain is the face of the club.
If Dusty doesn't want to do that, then he simply can't be captain.
I'd love him to agree to it all and be skipper though, but you have to be in 100% or not at all.

I love the premise, but the off field stuff is all part of being captain. The captain is the face of the club.
If Dusty doesn't want to do that, then he simply can't be captain.
I'd love him to agree to it all and be skipper though, but you have to be in 100% or not at all.
Maybe we could set a precedent and have vice- captains Vlastuin and Grimes do a lot of the talking to the media and Dustin can do his talking on the field and in the clubrooms.

Back