News Crows FIXture 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The Friday night thing is great, but will wait to see the details.

Has to be Channel 7, national coverage with the full lead in, half time, post game etc.

I just can't help but think there will be a catch, like the Showdown is a Foxtel game or 7 in Melbourne get to take the Foxtel game and the Showdown is on delay or 7 will take both games and cut to our game 5 minutes after the bounce or the half time feature will be another Port produced performance of the creed or something.

It's not about the supporters at the game, it's that package that certain clubs and other big games get over and over again, it would probably be a good long term investment to get the public used to seeing games like the Showdown, games with teams regardless off whether or not they are traditional Victorian teams on Friday nights.

Totally get why 7 would do it, they get the best of both worlds.

No Ch 7 games for us in the first nine rounds

I know we’re both an interstate team as well as not a good side, but that seems harsh?

1​
FremantleAdelaide OvalSunday
1540​
2​
CollingwoodMCGSaturday
1345​
3​
Port AdelaideAdelaide OvalFriday
1950​
4​
EssendonMarvel StadiumSunday
1310​
5​
RichmondAdelaide OvalSaturday
1605​
6​
Western BulldogsMars StadiumSaturday
1345​
7​
GWSAdelaide OvalSaturday
1340​
8​
CarltonMarvel StadiumSunday
1640​
9​
BrisbaneAdelaide OvalSaturday
1910​
10​
St KildaAdelaide Oval
11​
GeelongGMHBA Stadium
12​
West CoastAdelaide Oval
13​
Bye
14​
Gold CoastMetricon Stadium
15​
North MelbourneBlundstone Arena
16​
MelbourneAdelaide Oval
17​
HawthornMarvel Stadium
18​
CollingwoodAdelaide Oval
19​
SydneySCG
20​
CarltonAdelaide Oval
21​
West CoastOptus Stadium
22​
North MelbourneAdelaide Oval
23​
Port AdelaideAdelaide Oval
SA
12​
Vic6 (4 metro, 2 regional)
WA
1​
QLD
1​
NSW
1​
Tas
1​
Double Ups
2. Port Adelaide
9. West Coast
13. Carlton
17. Collingwood
18. North Melbourne

I wish one of Bulldogs or North were in Melbourne.
I am against any club getting 2 regional games*
Now that Gold Coast have 2 games in the NT, there's 17 games sold elsewhere. Every club bar 1 should get 1 game. No one should get 2. And the 1 that doesn't have to travel to Launceston/Canberra/Cairns/Darwin/Alice Springs/Ballarat/Hobart MUST go to Geelong. Ah well.

*Ignoring Geelong

Those double ups are about as good as you could hope for really.
Agreed
2 of the 3 other teams expected to be at the bottom
1 team who could be anything
And the 2 teams in the other blocks of 6 who have a decent chance of regression.

Might end up having the easiest schedule in the league next year (After having what, the 2nd hardest in 2021?)

Very generous draw with the double ups.

Great year to get Geelong in Geelong, but North in Tasmania is pretty s**t. Bulldogs in Ballarat meh, beating them anywhere would be difficult.

One game on the MCG is absolute horse s**t. The games against Carlton and Hawthorn should be at the MCG not Marvel at a minimum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday night on Foxtel really misses the point of wanting the Friday night, I'd think a Channel 7 game on the Saturday night would be better, certainly no worse.

Look, we aren't a top side and don't "deserve" any great time slots, but even when we are a top 4 side the previous year we might get 2 or 3 Friday night games vs. Victorian sides and a handful of Saturday night games on Foxtel, still be sent to the regional areas, still do the heavy lifting on public holidays.

Can you imagine Carlton's fixture the year after Carlton finish top 4?

I hate Saturday afternoon/twilight games with a passion. Will tolerate them interstate.
But with 1 being Easter Weekend, there will be no local football to take up my time (Though, I know others will have commitments, so even though it works for me and ill attend no issues, im sure others will struggle)
And only having 1 other thus far? no issues taking 1 week off.

Now if it were every 2nd week......That could cause problems.

Friday night on Foxtel really misses the point of wanting the Friday night, I'd think a Channel 7 game on the Saturday night would be better, certainly no worse.

Look, we aren't a top side and don't "deserve" any great time slots, but even when we are a top 4 side the previous year we might get 2 or 3 Friday night games vs. Victorian sides and a handful of Saturday night games on Foxtel, still be sent to the regional areas, still do the heavy lifting on public holidays.

Can you imagine Carlton's fixture the year after Carlton finish top 4?
Essendon had the easiest draw in 2021. (arguably the easiest I've ever seen)
And if Melbourne can maintain their form through 3 weeks, who knows. Game could be a blowout and everyone will be waiting impatiently for our game to start so they can switch over.

I wish one of Bulldogs or North were in Melbourne.
I am against any club getting 2 regional games*
Now that Gold Coast have 2 games in the NT, there's 17 games sold elsewhere. Every club bar 1 should get 1 game. No one should get 2. And the 1 that doesn't have to travel to Launceston/Canberra/Cairns/Darwin/Alice Springs/Ballarat/Hobart MUST go to Geelong. Ah well.

*Ignoring Geelong

And if someone does need two games, make it someone else who sold games.

I'm not going to bother to look into it but how many of the Victorian clubs who have sold games just get an extra away game in Melbourne? I know their members are compensated with an extra away game on their membership.

For example, the Kangaroos still sell 11 game Melbourne memberships with replacement games included.

1639014396922.png

Very generous draw with the double ups.

Great year to get Geelong in Geelong, but North in Tasmania is pretty sh*t. Bulldogs in Ballarat meh, beating them anywhere would be difficult.

One game on the MCG is absolute horse sh*t. The games against Carlton and Hawthorn should be at the MCG not Marvel at a minimum.
Hawthorn yes, Carlton no.

Carlton is split between Marvel and the MCG. And with them playing the bigger Victorian clubs there, there's not much room for others.

I'm willing to bet our Hawthorn game moving to Marvel is more to do with the 2021 Grand Final. To agree to moving it from the MCG, the AFL needed to play more bigger games at the MCG or some s**t while also extending the GF exclusivity deal. Probably needed to get some Essendon vs Melbourne game or something like that to the MCG for an extra blockbuster and we lost out due to that.

Also, away showdown in the final round.

Is us opening and closing the year in Adelaide a tradition yet?

It is more so now then when they started touting Richmond-Carlton as a traditional season kickoff game.

Lovely. What are the highlights?

Double ups against Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon and us - all except us are genuine finals chances

Couple of tougher matches on the road to Brisbane, Tasmania, NT, Cairns and of course the Geelong in Geelong match due to the double

Not sure I'm big on Rds 13-15.

Bye
Away to Gold Coast
Away to North Melbourne (In Hobart)

But I think it'd be a safe bet that we'd take a week off, then do a mid-season camp on the Gold Coast or something leading up to the game (probably a Saturday Night) just so there isn't TOO much travel.

Carlton is split between Marvel and the MCG. And with them playing the bigger Victorian clubs there, there's not much room for others.

Don't care. We get rolled on the grand final arrangement, the compensation (which would be not even close to an even up) should be playing every MCG tenant at the MCG, always

Double ups against Geelong, Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon and us - all except us are genuine finals chances

Couple of tougher matches on the road to Brisbane, Tasmania, NT, Cairns and of course the Geelong in Geelong match due to the double
Tassie, NT and Cairns?

WTF
That's being royally shafted on an equity side of thing.
5 of the 17 slots being taken by the 2 SA sides.

That means 12 slots for the other 16 sides. At least 4 get a free pass of not having to travel to an away regional game.
Compromised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back