Who's afraid of Rupert Murdoch? The end of an era.

Remove this Banner Ad

So im assuming that the other side of the debate gets screaming front page headlines as part of this imaginary fairness doctrine.
Perhaps you could show us some of these sudanese who are pillars of the community doing good getting the front page treatment?

More like there is a little more to the issue than headlines.

a newspaper editorial was once a powerful tool ...

thats because it was the exception, and it was written by the effective leader of that paper and was well planned and considered

now after page 3 pretty much everything these days is opinion pieces

FFS even half the sports section these days is opinion pieces (remember when you had one at the age (caro) and one at the hun (sheahan), but now...)

a newspaper editorial was once a powerful tool ...

Now you are really sidewinding.

Lets rewind a bit shall we?

you make a claim:

'Most media outlets provide balanced accounts of the immigration debate, giving ample scope for Big Australia advocates to make their case but cover the various concerns arising from high migrant intakes. When it comes to The Australian Financial Review, by contrast, it is Big Australia all the way. (This may reflect its largely business readership.)'

i provided you with an incredibly one sided set of front page headlines decrying your claim - and challenged you to provide front page headlines similar but for the other side of the argument.

you of course cant do so, as there is none. - so you go off into obfuscate / waffle mode.

Your attempts to do so are the verbal equivalent of a particularly heinous combover - the corrollary being of course that you are only fooling yourself.

The media dont even attempt to be even handed with immigration.

Now you are really sidewinding.

Lets rewind a bit shall we?

you make a claim:

i provided you with an incredibly one sided set of front page headlines decrying your claim - and challenged you to provide front page headlines similar but for the other side of the argument.

you of course cant do so, as there is none. - so you go off into obfuscate / waffle mode.

Your attempts to do so are the verbal equivalent of a particularly heinous combover - the corrollary being of course that you are only fooling yourself.

The media dont even attempt to be even handed with immigration.
It’ a dieing platform. Anyone under 40 spends a decent amount of time on social media and gets to see & read both sides the issue. Only have to read any thread on BF to read what each side of the issue is. Msm never offers that. You only ever get one side of the issue now. Msm will die with the boomers. Sfa people under the age of 40 watches the “news” or reads newspapers.

It’ a dieing platform. Anyone under 40 spends a decent amount of time on social media and gets to see & read both sides the issue. Only have to read any thread on BF to read what each side of the issue is. Msm never offers that. You only ever get one side of the issue now. Msm will die with the boomers. Sfa people under the age of 40 watches the “news” or reads newspapers.

Agree that most younger people get a lot (all?) their news from social media these days but I think saying that they see and read both sides of an issue is a stretch. It's not in the interests of social media platforms to supply balanced content to its users, in fact it's the opposite of what they want to achieve. You're far more likely to stay engaged with an app if what you are seeing is either making you happy, or angry. There is no incentive for platforms to encourage its users to carefully consider both sides of an argument.

The delivery method is certainly changing, but I'm not sure that's actually going to help moderate people's views and encourage critical thinking about issues.

Agree that most younger people get a lot (all?) their news from social media these days but I think saying that they see and read both sides of an issue is a stretch. It's not in the interests of social media platforms to supply balanced content to its users, in fact it's the opposite of what they want to achieve. You're far more likely to stay engaged with an app if what you are seeing is either making you happy, or angry. There is no incentive for platforms to encourage its users to carefully consider both sides of an argument.

The delivery method is certainly changing, but I'm not sure that's actually going to help moderate people's views and encourage critical thinking about issues.

This is the perfect example of why your wrong. While you’ve got the outraged jumping up & down you also get the clarification of the other side of the story in the comments. In msm you get one side of the opinion piece.

This is the perfect example of why your wrong. While you’ve got the outraged jumping up & down you also get the clarification of the other side of the story in the comments. In msm you get one side of the opinion piece.

I think you are giving too many people too much credit here. The majority of people aren't interested in considering the opposite side of a story. Yes, there may be clarifications in the comments, but the platforms are relying on the fact that this will further outrage the person who had the original "story" appear in their feed. It's key to their business model, and if it does ever get to the point where its not working for social media operators they will find a way to change it up.

I think you are giving too many people too much credit here. The majority of people aren't interested in considering the opposite side of a story. Yes, there may be clarifications in the comments, but the platforms are relying on the fact that this will further outrage the person who had the original "story" appear in their feed. It's key to their business model, and if it does ever get to the point where its not working for social media operators they will find a way to change it up.
There’s two sides after the headline unlike on msm. It’s not different to what you get on talk back radio except you have a host controlling the narrative. You do not and have not got two sides of an issue on msm for decades. Msm is a dieing archaic platform that will go the way of the typewriter. No matter how you dress it up atleast with SM get the opportunity to read two sides of an argument. Msm is a dieing platform and will die with the boomers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which is fine for when that happens but…..

A8DE0D36-266D-495C-BDF8-CD999647559B.jpeg

approx 34% of the voting population NOW are generally off msm assuming your under 40 thing is right - but that also means 47% are getting spoonfed propaganda…..

***Edit: i funked up - thats 34% and 47% of the population not the voting population…. If adjusted for voting population its more like 33% vs 67%

Which is fine for when that happens but…..

View attachment 1309541

approx 34% of the voting population NOW are generally off msm assuming your under 40 thing is right - but that also means 47% are getting spoonfed propaganda…..
That’s why I say it’s a dieing platform. It’s not dead yet. What will those figures look like in 10 years time? 10 years ago boomers were not a huge part of Facebook now most boomers are on it and you’ll find a decent percentage would have left the msm “news” at 6 in its dust. It’s the beginning of the end for msm and the cosy little propaganda machine.

So not biased

0bc1c360b54949c60e6e84a9c9f61db2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have so much in common though. Both lie, fabricate, cover up, spread fear, and have no social conscience. Rotten Rupe will never turn his back on "friends" like those.

Planet Janet Albrechtsen in the Oz today
Scott Morrison’s obsession with pub politics has exposed him as a populist drunk, more focused on low-rent politics than sensible policy.

Wonder who Rupert is backing as the next Lib leader?
They burnt julie bishop

i reckon ol rupee will read the writing on the wall like he did in 07 and switch to labor.
His shitrags credibility couldnt be lower atm

3665A640-0535-4BEE-A154-E5498E7AA1EA.jpeg

ffs the only people swallowing that are the mouth breathi-est of mouth breathers

They burnt julie bishop

i reckon ol rupee will read the writing on the wall like he did in 07 and switch to labor.
They brought Van Onselen in years ago expressly to write a series of articles absolutely smashing Bishop.
Dunno what she did to upset the Slime Pool, but her leadership hopes were dead in the water after that.

They brought Van Onselen in years ago expressly to write a series of articles absolutely smashing Bishop.
Dunno what she did to upset the Slime Pool, but her leadership hopes were dead in the water after that.
Yup - that was after the puff pieces too - there were a few weekend softening of the image puff pieces on the weekend papers and tv guides - then she upset someone - moral of the stiry: dont bite ruperts chode when fellating

Planet Janet Albrechtsen in the Oz today
Scott Morrison’s obsession with pub politics has exposed him as a populist drunk, more focused on low-rent politics than sensible policy.

Wonder who Rupert is backing as the next Lib leader?
Bit that stood out the most from that article was the crack at refugee advocates.

Scum
Bet she cheered on the middle east invasions harder than anyone too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back