The pressure on the WA government to relax it's rigid border rules

Do you agree with the rigid border rules or do you agree there is room for flexibility?

• Yes border rules are keeping WA safe

Votes: 45 53.6%
  • No there needs to be flexibility

Votes: 39 46.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like we are opening, but aiming not to f it up.
What’s not ******* it up? Cases will skyrocket the same as every other place in the world. Or is it as simple as not doing what NSW does?

What’s not ******* it up? Cases will skyrocket the same as every other place in the world. Or is it as simple as not doing what NSW does?

I’m guessing the plan is to limit too many people through the borders on a daily basis (and they will be vaccinated) to start with and limit the ability of the virus to spread as quickly because the unvaccinated will effectively be isolated from the rest of us.
Unvaxxed get sicker than vaxxed, but also spread the virus more than vaccinated people, if they catch the virus.

I’m guessing the plan is to limit too many people through the borders on a daily basis (and they will be vaccinated) to start with and limit the ability of the virus to spread as quickly because the unvaccinated will effectively be isolated from the rest of us.
Unvaxxed get sicker than vaxxed, but also spread the virus more than vaccinated people, if they catch the virus.
Haha ok mate.

On this latest report of being dbl vaxxed to go about life on /after 31 Jan - don't think will be the issue. Only numbnut conspiracy theorists will have a problem with that.

IF we get a huge spread, then it's all about getting tested so you can go about your life. 8.5 million RAT's ain't gonna cut the mustard, no where near enough.

How much capacity for PCR's do we have? If we end up like the east on a relative scale people will just give up and isolate coz they can't get a test. That'll have an adverse effect on the economy.

Then don't get me started on hospitalizations, how are we gonna cope?

At least he's been consistent with this date, we'll see how the g2g applications come through, I suspect accepted applications will be severely limited, down to a trickle........... maybe a first in best dressed? Anyone have anything anecdotal?

Reckon that's the only way to stop a huge spread / self imposed lockdown til you get a test and result.

Yeah the borders open, but severely limit the amount of visitors / returners.

Nice, in theory, but people, hey?

Not sure he’s gone far enough to be honest, triple jabbed should be the worldwide standard minimum to be considered vaccinated.
That will come in once everyone has had the chance to be triple jabbed. By July I think every state in Australia will consider vaccinated to be triple. They will also change the wording in line with other countries “up to date” rather than fully vaccinated.

That will come in once everyone has had the chance to be triple jabbed. By July I think every state in Australia will consider vaccinated to be triple. They will also change the wording in line with other countries “up to date” rather than fully vaccinated.
Considering we have heaps whove had two az’s and they do nowt for omicron - and its the most vulnerable that have had 2x az

scummo killing off his own voters here

IF we get a huge spread, then it's all about getting tested so you can go about your life. 8.5 million RAT's ain't gonna cut the mustard, no where near enough.

It won't be long before there are reports of people stockpiling RAT's because they are paranoid of catching the virus.

They will test themselves every time they go outside, they will test themselves 2 or 3 times a week.

It won't be long before there are reports of people stockpiling RAT's because they are paranoid of catching the virus.

They will test themselves every time they go outside, they will test themselves 2 or 3 times a week.

My wacky sister in law for starters who for 6 days straight either lines up or used a rapid test to see if she had covid… she is most upset she hasn’t yet.

We've got an email at work today, those who have had 2nd on or before Sep 5th need to have proof of the 3rd jab by Feb 5th - a government directive. I'm fifo if that clears it up.

It won't be long before there are reports of people stockpiling RAT's because they are paranoid of catching the virus and or being locked at home or in their donga at work.

EFA.

my post has stood the test of time

SA, Tas, NT and Qld have handled the issue really well without a McGowan sh*t the bed type response

PS. it seem you have the ideological position, where I accept there is more than one way. Care to discuss why you are so dogmatic?
Businesses in nsw saying its worse than lockdown

Im so glad we have mcgowan in charge and not you!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your still stuck back in September. No wonder Wa Never fails to live upto the wait awhile name.

Enjoy twiddling your thumbs watching planes fly overhead waiving to the free range chooks below stuck in the enclosed cage and listening to some bloke who is to scared to make a decision and blaming everyone else as to why things aren’t ever coming back to Perth.

His modelling is more extreme than even the doherty report which he originally agreed to but it wasnt scary enough for him so he had to get his own done… what an embarrassment trying to answer why he hadnt set a date by saying we have … the date is in jan or feb…. Such a simple thing , no wonder he is doing bunnings ads.
So wheres your bali pics mate?

What? The fact that I think McGowans a campaigner of the highest order? The fact that i think he is useless and a one trick pony….
The fact that his mud map is based on nothing but fear and scaremongering..
the fact the restrictions he is threatening are over the top and will finish some businesses off?

So when the borders open no one will get vaccinated?? good theory. So he doesn't actually have a plan because wa wont reach 90%. He cant have it both ways. Its just complete laziness.

And of course it still seems WA will be the only place that has those restrictions in place even if they do hit 90% and make travel into the state harder than any other jurisdiction in Australia.... As long as he can reconnect with China however its all good.
Gosh theres a lot of your posts that are just made up bs

What part hasn’t held up?
Mate i ran a advertising campaign all through the footy in country wa including the gf last year. You think i would have had the confidence to do that in any other state?

I knew he would go as hard as possible - gave me the confidence that my outlay would get a return unlike other states where it could have been wasted in lockdown or as it now is as people are unable to work as they are close contacts etc.

Back