World Cup 2022 FIFA World Cup (Qualifiers)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing surprises me about the Azzuri and how low they can stoop too anymore. Euro 2020 kinda masked over the cracks on how fragile this team is and the lack of depth in Italian football. There is something inheritably wrong in the structure of Italian football that nobody wants to recognise and address even through its steering right in their faces! It's like they are stuck in the 90's and haven't moved on.
It will be one World Cup win in 20 years come 2026! something I never would have thought possible after winning the 2006 World Cup! But here we are..

History will record Italy as WC winners in 2006 and Euro winners in 2020. They won penalty shoot outs for both finals plus a semi-final win in Euro 2020. Penalties goes to luck factor. They were not better than France, Spain or England in these tournaments.

History will record Italy as WC winners in 2006 and Euro winners in 2020. They won penalty shoot outs for both finals plus a semi-final win in Euro 2020. Penalties goes to luck factor. They were not better than France, Spain or England in these tournaments.

Well actually I think Italy where the best and most consistent team in the 2006 World Cup only conceded two goals in the whole tournament and one was an own goal! Got lucky in the final sure but someone has to win it! The lead up to that final they didn't really miss a beat the semi Final win over Germany was probably the best match of World Cup football I've watched!
Euro 2020 they sure rode their luck with two penalty shootout wins and an extra-Time win over Austria but doesn't mean they ain't deserved winners! Sometimes luck is on your side other times well.. it's not. just the way it goes. Don't forget the many penalty shootouts Italy lost in the 90's including a final that cast them a World Cup and probably more in the cabinet.

Last edited:

Well actually I think Italy where the best and most consistent team in the 2006 World Cup only conceded two goals in the whole tournament and one was an own goal! Got lucky in the final sure but someone has to win it! The lead up to that final they didn't really miss a beat the semi Final win over Germany was probably the best match of World Cup football I've watched!
Euro 2020 they sure rode their luck with two penalty shootout wins and an extra-Time win over Austria but doesn't mean they ain't deserved winners! Sometimes luck is on your side other times well.. it's not. just the way it goes. Don't forget the many penalty shootouts Italy lost in the 90's including a final that cast them a World Cup and probably more in the cabinet.
Yeah weird post that. Don’t think Italy were any worse than England or Spain. Beat Belgium whilst England beat an inferior German side. Just as good as France in ‘06. And yes could say they were unlucky in ‘90 and ‘94 penalty shootouts. Seconds away from winning euro 2000.

Yeah weird post that. Don’t think Italy were any worse than England or Spain. Beat Belgium whilst England beat an inferior German side. Just as good as France in ‘06. And yes could say they were unlucky in ‘90 and ‘94 penalty shootouts. Seconds away from winning euro 2000.
Don’t forget 98 I have no doubt Italy would have gone on and won that World Cup if they defeat France in the quater final penalty shoot-out! Especially after what happen to Brazil in the lead up to the final.

Based on what logic? That’s like saying champions data is the best algorithm for deciding the best players.
You want to read the first sentence please. And take that in. History doesn’t give a s*** about England playing well in a tournament when they have not won anything since 1968.

Ah always can rely on the Italians to make us feel better!! Utterly hilarious loss.

I don't mind really if we miss Qatar 2022, the whole tournament's a farce and this can be used to reform football.

What is BS was the unacceptable state of the pitch for Aus v Japan. There should have been no rugby allowed in the previous 7 days and if SA couldn't guarantee a quality surface move the game to either Perth or Marvel (Suncorp stadium out of the question due to recent floods).

Oh that was glorious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah always can rely on the Italians to make us feel better!! Utterly hilarious loss.

I don't mind really if we miss Qatar 2022, the whole tournament's a farce and this can be used to reform football.

What is BS was the unacceptable state of the pitch for Aus v Japan. There should have been no rugby allowed in the previous 7 days and if SA couldn't guarantee a quality surface move the game to either Perth or Marvel (Suncorp stadium out of the question due to recent floods).
Stadium Australia consistently getting football games after an AFL or NRL match is a joke. What’s with the obsession with Sydney? Haven’t had a decent turnout for Socceroos in years.
What about Brisbane ? Perth? Melbourne even? It’s not a fortress at that stadium anyway.

Stadium Australia consistently getting football games after an AFL or NRL match is a joke. What’s with the obsession with Sydney? Haven’t had a decent turnout for Socceroos in years.
What about Brisbane ? Perth? Melbourne even? It’s not a fortress at that stadium anyway.
The Sydney football mafia believe Sydney is the centre of the ******* universe!

Canada have pretty much qualified. They lost today but they are six points clear with two games left with a +11 GD of 4th place. They have Jamaica at home next so they should seal it then. Makes Australia's ineptitude more frustrating when Canada, who were ranked well outside the top 100 not long ago, have made huge progress to top their qualifying group with world class players playing in top leagues.

Its looking likely that the winner of the Asian playoff will most likely have to play Peru.

I dont recall much of the 2018 FIFA World Cup match between Australia and Peru . But the Socceroos lost to them 0-2.

Peru have the advantage of destiny in their own hands. A win will book their ticket to Qatar. If they lose, with 2 teams will be ready to pounce on that 5th spot, should they slip.

anyway the Euro qualifiers are reaching their tipping point now and Im going to have to subscribe back to Optus to watch the games.

Poland v Sweden

Portugal v North Macedonia

tossing up which game to watch given both are on simultaneously at the same time.

anyway the Euro qualifiers are reaching their tipping point now and Im going to have to subscribe back to Optus to watch the games.

Poland v Sweden

Portugal v North Macedonia

tossing up which game to watch given both are on simultaneously at the same time.
As opposed to different times ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back