Player Watch #35: Charlie Lazzaro - contract extension until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you go so far as to offer an opinion on Player Lazarro yourself?
I'm a bit on the fence with him myself, I think the effort is there, but he hasn't appeared to be quite there at senior level yet.
Not giving up on him, but would give him more of a run at VFL level before putting him before others in the forward line.

Have been really hot on him. Not sure if my eyes deceived me last year or if he has just regressed horrifically. Either way, a really disappointing 2022 so far.

Complete panic merchant
The blazing kick at goal when he should have done so by much better

The guy marking over him 20 yards out

Makes Young look good!

Him, lachie young and bailey Scott are similar in that they all work hard but have no composure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely no composure. Lacks just about everything and has a steep climb to remain on the list once his contract is up.
Pfft they've given worse players extensions. Reckon he'll be in for a 2-4 year deal at a minimum.

Didn’t he replace mckay in the backline? Idk he’s going to get torched no matter what in that position
No he went onto the wing.

Unfortunately for Charlie he just isn’t ready for the level and is currently getting games off the back of a shallow list.

His game was pretty much summed up in one play. Breaks on the wing and under no pressure kicks it out on the full. He just doesn’t have the composure or confidence at the levels at the moment.

Im not really sure playing him at AFL level is going to develop him properly, but I don’t have the luxury of seeing the work he does at training.

I would have thought a block of games in the VFL is what he needs and it’s not like we are short on players who can play his role.

I would suspect he will make way for Polec, even though he technically wasn’t selected in the 22.

What was curious yesterday was the turn around in the game based on the subs.

Losing McKay and being replaced by Lazarro really hurt us, whereas Hawthorn losing Lynch and gaining Phillips run helped them.

Absolutely no composure. Lacks just about everything and has a steep climb to remain on the list once his contract is up.
Geez Francis. Bit tough on the kid. A lack of composure hasn't stopped a few getting contracts one after another at our Club. If he's ordinary, I'll take his ordinariness over some of the senior blokes who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. Kid's got toe and he surges throughout games. He could easily turn it around with some self belief.

Geez Francis. Bit tough on the kid. A lack of composure hasn't stopped a few getting contracts one after another at our Club. If he's ordinary, I'll take his ordinariness over some of the senior blokes who couldn't run out of sight on a dark night. Kid's got toe and he surges throughout games. He could easily turn it around with some self belief.
I hope so but I doubt it.

I just think there are equal numbers of players that could spend some weeks in the reserves really pressing a case as I don’t think a lot of these guys have locked down a spot.

I think these guys are all interchangeable until they’ve nailed there role down:

Phillips, Lazzaro, Hayden, Mahony, Taylor swapped with the likes of Bergham, Goater, Walker, Curtis.

Right now with the way our skills are, I think a lot of our guys don’t deserve the luxury of just getting games into them.

Anyone know what happened to Lazzaro on the weekend?

Was omitted from the seniors but didn’t play in the reserves either?

Wasn’t held over from the reserves game as an emergency either?

Was hoping to see him really dominate in the reserves and demand a spot back? Is one of those players that will drive competition and keep players accountable, which you would hope improves the output of the VFL team each week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back