Player Watch #14: Liam Shiels - re-signed until end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to be wrong. Watched him closely last 2 years and he was done. Same as Ziebell. And Greenwood. Same as Turner ffs

The level they are playing at is just remarkable
Wrong on all accounts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to be wrong. Watched him closely last 2 years and he was done. Same as Ziebell. And Greenwood. Same as Turner ffs

The level they are playing at is just remarkable
Wrong on all accounts
I’m in the same boat with all four guys. Early days, but love it so far.

Remember when we were 9-0 and when we were always mentioning the '12 wins' and 'hopefully we can bring a better effort this week' after the bad losses? We always had low expectations in ourselves that meant we didn't have the desire for ultimate glory.

It killed me and probably heaps of our supporters because it was just heartbreaking to watch a footy side so much more capable than what it was producing, to have such a poor trait of being thumped to wake up. Get pumped by Hawks to finally play good footy, lose games by single digits in hilarious succession, losing to poor teams then waking up realising we have to push ourselves to make it, get done to GC on repeat of all clubs then have to contend with being in no man's land for what felt like forever. I hated that about us. It spat in the face of what the club means to us.

Then, this bloke comes in along with the most supportive coaching panel we've had, and says 'my motivation is to help North win it's next premiership'. Where on earth was this mentality for the last 20 years?

That's what a football club should sound like. Hungry, desire, determination, fearless, belief, trust and respect. It's been too bloody long.

Such a good footballer. Leave in the centre square until other mids start following his lead. Shouldn’t take a guy who was pulled from retirement, who really has nothing left to prove in the game unless he wants to, to show some heart and genuine thirst for the contest in the midfield. I’m very happy we have a player of his ilk driving standards, just a shame it’s been left up to him and a few others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back