Preview 2022 Rd 5 Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sunday 17th 1.40PM @ MCG - Team changes post #803

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If you nail 3 picks a year the remaining 10 players equate to over 3 years of successful picks. We are batting over 60% success rate over 5 years at those numbers. That's why you can not rely solely on drafting
Let's be realistic, it was Kreuger who has now started looking "passable" at best at his second club (now with Collingwood, after being cut by Geelong) and McAdam who is averaging a little more than a goal a game for the Crows. Token compensation at best.
When you put it that way we have really been elite ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Duncan averages 2.5 cp a game,
Isaac Smith 3.2, polec 2.5, kos picket 2.2, blakey 3.4, mcintosh 3.7, florent 4.4

Wingers don't exactly get a huge number of cp a game. Lobs averaging 3.
Yeah, in this example the window is covered in faeces in the asylum

Ready for bed .. port back line have been very good bar hawthorn (was there fwd and mid that day ) and 10 minutes Melbourne -- they will hold us very well all day -- game be decided in in last 5 minutes or we in for a five goal loss

Just can't get a handle on this game, which really worries me

Port still has some decent players in that side and with Aliir back, it does sure up their back line.

They are still getting some reasonable inside 50 numbers

Hope we are switched on
They are the best 0-4 team ever. They have real quality footballers like Boak Houston, Trew and Amon not to mention blokes who seem to cut us up like Gray and Finlayson. I’d be tipping a loss but Dixon, Wines and Lycett are massive outs who also usually play well against us so I think we can get there provided we play our best. That said I’m expecting it to be a very tense game and I certainly wont be shocked if we lost, just disappointed.

Cotts came back sooner than I thought, but I did say in maybe the VFL thread that I was hoping for Cotts to be our Langdon. Living in WA, Langdon was abused for years about his lack of tackling and kicking ability. Cotts has a tank only second to Walsh and gives a mighty effort.
I have watched a couple VFL games now and he is working his butt off, okay overhead and starting to hit the scoreboard.

LOB at the start of the season was pretty much delisted in my head, so I am certainly not losing sleep about him being replaced.

Stocker - I think it is smart to give him a "preseason block" of training in our 2's before hitting our main team. I'm sure his non selection is more of a fitness issue than ability. I am really interested to see where a fit Stocker will fit into this current rotation, maybe we do unleash his midfield ability?

Kemp - If he was not a high draft pick and you just watched his VFL form, nobody would be asking for his selection.

My only call that I find super interesting is moving away from the two ruck strategy. It really feels like we wanted more defensive pressure in our forward half and have elected to have a two tall forward line with JSOS/Pitt being the resting ruck.
Not being a pedant but Cotts destroys Walsh in runs. He has a tank second to no one on our list.

Should note that the real danger here is that Port have brought in a genuine ruck replacement

I've been concerned for this game all week, but all of a sudden I'm expecting a big win from the blues! Anyone got similar feeling?
Ehhh,
Nada.
But hope you is right.
I feel sick about it tbh.
But Happy Easter anyway. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back