Preview 2022 draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

How often does that get coached out of them and how often is it irredeamable?
Just my opinion, but I think it’s either innate or learnt from a really really young age that you just always “go”
You might be able to improve it slightly but the desire to do so, to me, seems internal

How often does that get coached out of them and how often is it irredeamable?
Just my opinion, but I think it’s either innate or learnt from a really really young age that you just always “go”
You might be able to improve it slightly but the desire to do so, to me, seems internal
Yeah this ils my thinking too, especially with forwards I feel you'll generally coach out their natural game too much if you want them to be more defensive. But it's really contextual, some clubs epuld back themselves to do it without any negative effects

If true then i guess the roos will have a decision to make.
Would be good if the top 3-4 are mids so we can take one of the top KPP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roos have loaded up on mids already so I’d assume KP will be their priority this year.

I wouldn't do it. We need quantity in terms of talented kids, as we're in real danger of falling further in four years time, which is when you draft for.

Yep, prefer we use our 1st round picks for the next couple of seasons. If anything, I’d like us to add more.

Roos have loaded up on mids already so I’d assume KP will be their priority this year.

Yep but they have McKay settled at full back, Larkey at FF and Xerri in the ruck who they really like.

They also need to get Coleman-Jones into that team and have Comben and Edwards who was the #1 pick in the mid season last year.

They might be after defenders but I don’t think they will load up too much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably the one who hasn't spent a first rounder on a non FS KPF since Ben Reid in 06.

How does the players F/S eligibility change anything? Still had to expend a draft pick on them. Not like the old days where that was a 3rd round pick either.

Yep but they have McKay settled at full back, Larkey at FF and Xerri in the ruck who they really like.

They also need to get Coleman-Jones into that team and have Comben and Edwards who was the #1 pick in the mid season last year.

They might be after defenders but I don’t think they will load up too much.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t disagree, just think adding a top 10 KP prospect rounds out their rebuild more so than another mid.

The issue is whether you can expect enough kids to come on quickly enough to fill the already existing holes, plus also replace guys like Elliott, Mihocek, Howe, Adams and Crisp who are likely to slow down after the next 3 years, as well as Sidey and Pendles who will be gone.

I think it's either a long slow rebuild or we try to load up now to have a short crack in the short term. I'd try to load up now, as I don't think we are in bad shape. But probably depends on how the rest of the year goes.

As with any rebuild, the length of time it will take will be dictated by the advances made by the players added. The more Nick Daicos types who have immediate impact of high quality you add, the quicker it’ll be. Those players don’t need to be top 10 or even 1st round players. Tom Langdon an example of a late pick who had an immediate impact. Just need to get the talent identification and drafting right. I think the last couple of years set a pretty good platform.

How does the players F/S eligibility change anything? Still had to expend a draft pick on them. Not like the old days where that was a 3rd round pick either.

They are still discounted and taken later from where most would have them on a draft board like Moore.
The club and recruiters also spend a lot more time with them then typical draftees, giving them better personality insights, application and attitude.

They are still a no brainer pick in early rounds typically.

Later picks not so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are still discounted and taken later from where most would have them on a draft board like Moore.
The club and recruiters also spend a lot more time with them then typical draftees, giving them better personality insights, application and attitude.

They are still a no brainer pick in early rounds typically.

Later picks not so much.

You seem to be overlooking the fact that adding (say) Moore as a promising KPF prospect has a flow on effect on the remaining players you take. In the context of this list management discussion that they’re F/S’s means * all. Especially now that there is a bidding process in place.

A left field draft prospect to keep an eye on is Scott Beilby

Oakleigh Charger last year. Saints NGA candidate last year
Having a very good start to season for Collegians in VAFA premier at half back 190cm ball magnet

Had an excellent season for Oakleigh last year and would have played school footy with Reef at Scotch

Having a very good start to season for Collegians in VAFA premier at half back 190cm ball magnet

Had an excellent season for Oakleigh last year and would have played school footy with Reef at Scotch
He impressed me last year. I thought his intercept marking was great. Was surprised Saints didn't nominate him. But nor did anyone bid.

Not playing at Scotch this year?

PMBangers who are the centre clearance mids worth keeping an eye on?
Wardlaw is the top of the class convincingly, but most of the top end guys are capable anyway; Tsatas, Hewett, Clark, Szybkowski, Bevan for example are at least above average

Remove this Banner Ad

Back