List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if you can judge character from one video, but the whole family seem to be thoughtful, humble and contrite about the incident.

Schoenmaker and his parents on draft dream
Why so much discussion about a player who we may have had little interest in, good character or not. Seems rather pointless. We didn't pick him. Who knows why?

Last edited:
Seems familiar.:think:

dancing-rave.gif
We will need a Sidey replacement relatively soon.

Fair fair, I was more alluding to the security side of things, Vic park isn't our ground, shiteloads of people picnic or walk their dogs on it, was thinking it'd be easier to just fence it off then deal with any of that, plus some very odd units tend to lurk around when i've been there.

A friend who works in sponsorship told me it's super expensive for the club to play their games at Vic park due to the costs of the fence security and the rest of it, its great it still gets use though.
VP gets used for some VFL games too.

Interesting to note we had Ollie Murphy and Schoenmaker ranked in the 30’s and as options for our second selection but we had Jiath in the 20’s and therefore went with him at 37
We had DeMattia at 18. We also liked Hardeman and if Nortb didn’t select him the pick before us, we might have taken offers to slide back one spot in draft knowing we would still get one of the 2

Insightful into draft night. We can blame bris and eagles for us not getting the talls. We wanted Reid/Morris, and if one was available at saints pick 33, we would have enquired about a pick swap.

Insightful into draft night. We can blame bris and eagles for us not getting the talls. We wanted Reid/Morris, and if one was available at saints pick 33, we would have enquired about a pick swap.

Honestly it’s weird that we supposedly rated Schoenmaker as a 30’s selection but didn’t grab him when he was still available at our third pick. I’d have thought he’d be worth the punt given the SSP is no sure thing in regards to picking up a good player…

This would explain why we have now invited many talls down to train with us. Teakle and Eyre are not small.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly it’s weird that we supposedly rated Schoenmaker as a 30’s selection but didn’t grab him when he was still available at our third pick. I’d have thought he’d be worth the punt given the SSP is no sure thing in regards to picking up a good player…
The rating may have been based on earlier assessments and his character and recent issues may have dissuaded the recruiters from ultimately pulling the trigger. There is no doubt that there has been speculation about his character and, unfortunately, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. It is clear that the two lads that the club did select appear to be of high moral fibre and excellent character. This attribute is an absolute necessity to maintain the culture they have built.

What a shame Morris didn’t slide a few more picks or that we couldn’t do same deal w Bris.

The rating may have been based on earlier assessments and his character and recent issues may have dissuaded the recruiters from ultimately pulling the trigger.
Earlier assessments? The article literally said they rated him in the 30’s on the night…
There is no doubt that there has been speculation about his character and, unfortunately, where there's smoke, there's usually fire. It is clear that the two lads that the club did select appear to be of high moral fibre and excellent character. This attribute is an absolute necessity to maintain the culture they have built.
Sorry but if they had him in the 30’s on their board and were considering him, then character obviously wasn’t that big of an issue to them…

Earlier assessments? The article literally said they rated him in the 30’s on the night…

Sorry but if they had him in the 30’s on their board and were considering him, then character obviously wasn’t that big of an issue to them…
I guess the rating they had for all players was one thing, but what they needed may have been something else. Either way, every club suddenly down-rated him on the night. He was touted as a high first-rounder and ended up going in the 60s?

Bullet dodged, I reckon. St Kilda is probably the best club for him.

Like everyone has continuously said, and which has been ignored roundly by everyone who's desperate for height regardless of anything else, Schoenmaker, despite being 194cm to TJ's 188cm, plays the exact same position. He doesn't actually present a key defensive option any more than TJ does, because that's not the role he plays.

If they wanted an 18 year old key defender, they'd have drafted Murphy instead of TJ, but they decided to go in a different direction, and now Sofronidis and Eyre will compete to be the man that bolsters the KPD stocks.

The club probably didn’t rate anyone on list after 30 and probably decided keeping spots open for mature age depth in a premiership push is more important then committing two years to a draftee they barely rate.

I guess the rating they had for all players was one thing, but what they needed may have been something else. Either way, every club suddenly down-rated him on the night. He was touted as a high first-rounder and ended up going in the 60s?

Bullet dodged, I reckon. St Kilda is probably the best club for him.
Hines always been very much talent>needs, so that’s not it. I couldn’t care less about whether other clubs downgraded him, it’s more a question of why he was overlooked late when we had him relatively higher on our board.

And couldn’t disagree more about StKilda. I’d have them comfortably as the worst landing spot for him. He needs to be surrounded by strong leaders and a good culture, two things which StKilda traditionally do not have.
Like everyone has continuously said, and which has been ignored roundly by everyone who's desperate for height regardless of anything else, Schoenmaker, despite being 194cm to TJ's 188cm, plays the exact same position. He doesn't actually present a key defensive option any more than TJ does, because that's not the role he plays.

If they wanted an 18 year old key defender, they'd have drafted Murphy instead of TJ, but they decided to go in a different direction, and now Sofronidis and Eyre will compete to be the man that bolsters the KPD stocks.
I have no idea why you’ve gone down this path given I’ve not mentioned his height or position at all to this point? The only thing I’ve questioned is overlooking him late given where he was on our draft board, ie. in consideration for our second selection had TJ not been available.
The club probably didn’t rate anyone on list after 30 and probably decided keeping spots open for mature age depth in a premiership push is more important then committing two years to a draftee they barely rate.
Thank you. This is the most logical and on point response I’ve received so far.

Its interesting that it says that Wright is the man at the draft, and that Hine is 2nd in command.
Can you point out where it actually says that, because I couldn’t find it anywhere for the life of me…

Can you point out where it actually says that, because I couldn’t find it anywhere for the life of me…
Unless i'm reading between the lines.

One of the masterminds behind the Club’s current list, Wrighty has been involved in draft decisions at both the Hawks and now the Pies for almost two decades. His right-hand man in 20-year Head Recruiter Derek ‘Dekka’ Hine arrives shortly afte

Remove this Banner Ad

Back