List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Old manic is going to go out on a limb and say that people will be gobsmacked at how good Moir will be. He will at some stage during next season, have everyone salivating
Well your prediction about him going top 30 and in the first round did come true … even if it was a very late top 30 pick!!

I don’t think he will set the league on fire next year but he does have some traits that show some glimpses of potential. He won’t be as monitored next year which should only do good things for his game.

Last edited:
Well your prediction about him going top 30 and in the first round did come true … even if it was a very late top 30 pick!!

I don’t think he will set the league on fire next year but he does have some traits that show some glimpses of potential. He won’t be as monitored next year which should only go good things for his game.
Manic is prone to the odd howler but I'm quite confident on this one. I just wish it wasn't Carlton

So any chance we will fill our 2 Cat B list spots this season ?

Given up on the Irish after Keane ?

So any chance we will fill our 2 Cat B list spots this season ?

Given up on the Irish after Keane ?
Can't imagine we've got anything on the boil. Keane and Marty Clarke have both burned us by going home at just the wrong time, so we might be gun-shy with the Irish permanently.

Had the Roos picked Curtain over Durrsma there was a feeling that Watson would have slid to about 10. If that was the case we were ready to deal with Geelong for their pick.
Source?

Can't imagine we've got anything on the boil. Keane and Marty Clarke have both burned us by going home at just the wrong time, so we might be gun-shy with the Irish permanently.
I seriously doubt we’d overlook the Irish as a whole just because a couple of boys went home.

I seriously doubt we’d overlook the Irish as a whole just because a couple of boys went home.
And yet here we are, completely overlooking the Irish as a whole.

Hasn't even been an inkling that we're exploring that pathway.

Better chance that we will sign a US college basketball player than an Irish one.

Better chance that we will sign a US college basketball player than an Irish one.

Are we? When did the club announce that?

Eh? So because we haven’t signed up an Irish kid for a few years we’re now completely overlooking them as a whole?

You’re taking the piss right? Because you have no idea what options the club is currently exploring for the cat B list outside of Condon, the same as the rest of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was the last Irish guy to play in a flag for us?

Who was the last Irish guy to play in a flag for us?
Eh? So because we haven’t signed up an Irish kid for a few years we’re now completely overlooking them as a whole?

You’re taking the piss right? Because you have no idea what options the club is currently exploring for the cat B list outside of Condon, the same as the rest of us.

I'm sick of it tbh. I know, I know, i know they "don't take up a list spot" yes, while being a cat B, however they can't stay there forever and have to be put on the senior or rookie list at some point. That's a spot of a kid who has played all their life, not some convert.

Leave them to their amateur game, They just piss off back there when they get homesick anyway. The game ain't going global and i'm happy for it.

Before I get a "What about mason cox?" that probably will never happen again, all though I love the man and also love he jumped at coming a citizen first chance he got.

I'm sick of it tbh. I know, I know, i know they "don't take up a list spot" yes, while being a cat B, however they can't stay there forever and have to be put on the senior or rookie list at some point. That's a spot of a kid who has played all their life, not some convert.

Leave them to their amateur game, They just piss off back there when they get homesick anyway. The game ain't going global and i'm happy for it.

Before I get a "What about mason cox?" that probably will never happen again, all though I love the man and also love he jumped at coming a citizen first chance he got.
I agree. Keane & Anton left a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree. Keane & Anton left a bad taste in my mouth.
I think it was Keane got absolutely stitched up and got left on Kennedy in his first game when we sucked. In perth too. Anton was a little shaky on debut as well. But yeah I dont actually understand why when the country has plenty of kids and hidden gems floating around waiting for a shot, Clubs try and convert amateur level sportsman half the world away.

With Anton, he wasn't able to extend his medical degree any longer, so dont think anyone held going back against him. Keane though left and didn't come back, home sick. Covid didn't help not being able to see his family.
Didn't really matter. They were very ordinary. Imo.

Interesting to see how Keane goes at Crows. I think they re-signed him after 1 good game, but I don't recall him after that.

Last edited:
Didn't really matter. They were very ordinary. Imo.

Interesting to see how Keane goes at Crows. I think they re-signed him after 1 good game, but I don't recall him after that.
yeah they re-signed him for 2 years. I think he played for the rest of the year? Guess he is doing something right. Good luck to him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back