List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie list needs to change, should be a 23 year old age limit on it, no more delisting old blokes and keeping them on there in dodgy list management scheming. Only kids should be on there who say their initial deal is up. Not 30 year olds like wingard and shiels

Double whammy for Hawks, demote Wingard to the rookie list, recruit a +1 via SSP because he’ll be on the LTI list.

Na, guys like Michael Barlow/James Podsiadly who are genuine mature age rookies should still get a chance.

You just shouldn't be able to rookie an established AFL player.
For sure, totally agree, its been a while since we've seen someone like those guys though. F the rookie list off and just have 4 or so more list spots and save the hassle IMO

We will be training at a lot of different venues this pre season due to resurfacing of training ground

For those who were hoping:

He looks like he's 45

original-B44E032B-0D00-45BF-B4F2-E4EE34716291.jpeg

He looks like he's 45

original-B44E032B-0D00-45BF-B4F2-E4EE34716291.jpeg

It’s funny you say that.

I’m the guy you would pick to be in an old-fashioned police line-up with Sofronidis. According to his draft profile he has 1 inch and 1kg on me. We have the same shaven head. And I’m 45 years old.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully they open vic park a few times so we can watch. I live right around the corner, go a fair few of the AFLW and VFL games there when they're on. Love watching footy there.
I live around the corner too.
Its also... always open. Its a public space.

Hopefully they open vic park a few times so we can watch. I live right around the corner, go a fair few of the AFLW and VFL games there when they're on. Love watching footy there.

Well Vic Park is always open only AFLW games its Closed

I think if we train they they will temp fence it off for public unless its a advertised open session. Oppo scouts could just walk in and sit on the fence otherwise XD
Nope they wont.
they didn't this past preseason, when they trained there.

You dont think oppo scouts cant go to AIA?
They're not gonna hire a fencing company just to block off for pre-season training lol
Given post christmas they are back at AIA. Another open ground.

Nope they wont.
they didn't this past preseason, when they trained there.

You dont think oppo scouts cant go to AIA?
They're not gonna hire a fencing company just to block off for pre-season training lol

They're not going to erect a fence for a few training sessions. All training sessions at AIA are always open.

They don't fence off any training sessions at our normal training ground throughout the year.

Fair fair, I was more alluding to the security side of things, Vic park isn't our ground, shiteloads of people picnic or walk their dogs on it, was thinking it'd be easier to just fence it off then deal with any of that, plus some very odd units tend to lurk around when i've been there.

A friend who works in sponsorship told me it's super expensive for the club to play their games at Vic park due to the costs of the fence security and the rest of it, its great it still gets use though.

Word.

There is also a very long history of crap footballers with great character.
And there are plenty of highly talented footballers who chucked it all away because they were morons.

All draft picks are a risk. There are plenty of talented players in any draft. You reduce your risk of failure by picking players you know will commit to their opportunity.

In the long run you may miss out occasionally with picking players with character, but cumulatively you probably win out.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back