Mega Thread General MFC Discussion Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you are who Proper Gander says you are , you are Dr Whoooooooo, last time seen on big footy was an ex MFC now GWS fan, but you would already know that so I dont know why im explaining it to you. :tearsofjoy:
He’s not. I was really just spraying bullets to see what emerged.

Whooooooo is back though, which is obviously great and all, but hasn’t come to visit us as yet

Actually A11dAtP0w3R I am starting to wonder again. That pro-Neeld culture argument was the strangest thing I’ve read since the Cameron Schwab thing

yes, I thought it lined up as well, havent heard anyone else happy with how our club operated in that time frame other than them. Maybe they can be BF BFFs

Hes back supporting Melbourne again, what a bandwagoner :thumbsdown:
Nah. He was using his “neutral” cloak on the draft & trade board to get credibility for his bizarre trade rumours involving Melbourne. A mod spotted him and switched his team back

it was nice of the club to do something for us pre game knowing wed never get to sing the song after one
I was sort of hoping it would backfire one time - the trumpeter plays the song when we're 20 points up with four minutes to go, then we completely gas it and lose.

Would have been awesome.

I was sort of hoping it would backfire one time - the trumpeter plays the song when we're 20 points up with four minutes to go, then we completely gas it and lose.

Would have been awesome.

I forgot that he used to play when we had a lead late, but youre right, I just remembered the pre game shambles, raising the "grand old flag" on a flag post while he played, what an embarrassment that was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC I think they canned the pre game shambles after we got pumped by 12 goals plus for the first few weeks, smart move Schwaby for realising the flag wasn't as grand as thought it would be.

In other news, just discovered we have 8 of the top 76 goalkickers in the league right now.

Tom Lynch is top with 27, but we have Fritta (16), Big Brenny Brown (13), Kozzy & Weid (9), Chompers, TMac (8), Gawny & Trac (7)

what a time to be alive:

Ari the trumpeter returns, playing the Grand Old Flag before every home game during the raising of the Grand Old Flag. Look out for him around the ground during the game, and of course at after-match functions following every victory.

yes, I thought it lined up as well, havent heard anyone else happy with how our club operated in that time frame other than them. Maybe they can be BF BFFs
The one thing I remember with Whoooooooooooo is he really attached himself to Paul Roos' veil of negativity comments, going so far as to accuse everyone on this board of being the reason the club was shit when they got upset after a loss.

what a time to be alive:

Ari the trumpeter returns, playing the Grand Old Flag before every home game during the raising of the Grand Old Flag. Look out for him around the ground during the game, and of course at after-match functions following every victory.
Sounds like the start of a horror movie.

You're chilling at a bar in the MCC after a good win, then in the distance you hear the feint sound of the opening notes to A Grand Old Flag echoing through the concourse.

The one thing I remember with Whoooooooooooo is he really attached himself to Paul Roos' veil of negativity comments, going so far as to accuse everyone on this board of being the reason the club was shit when they got upset after a loss.

That's right, negative fans bringing the club down, not the losses.

Glad we got rid of all of those negative fans so we could win a flag. Paul Roos did an amazing job making all of them leave.

I forgot that he used to play when we had a lead late, but youre right, I just remembered the pre game shambles, raising the "grand old flag" on a flag post while he played, what an embarrassment that was.
This trip down memory lane inspired me to look at old media the club put out. Sorted the youtube channel by oldest and was presented by a wall of players miserable faces after losses and Whiteboard Wednesday videos.

This trip down memory lane inspired me to look at old media the club put out. Sorted the youtube channel by oldest and was presented by a wall of players miserable faces after losses and Whiteboard Wednesday videos.

The one with schwabby sniffing the jumper and rubbing it on his face was my fav.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back