• Harry Schoenberg

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo

• Riley Thilthorpe

• Taylor Walker

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone explain the maths to me?

Brodie Smith - 24 possessions, 92% DE, 9 turnovers??
Turned the ball over without disposing of it correctly.

I'm starting to get worried that doubling down on the guys that were our last premiership push five seasons ago isnt going to work.

The only solution is to triple down on it. Jenkins, Betts, Talia and Jacobs must signs this off season. Only by leaning into the past could this club ever see success.

I guess 2 score involvements is multiple.

Tell me how to access this alternate universe where Smith had a good game.
Good amount of possession, a lot of metres gained from them too. A lot of marks, particularly intercept marks.

At the very least much better than the 15 similar scrappy midfielder/small forwards who get between 15-20 possessions and their identical games are purely rated on whether they are in the boys club (useless, cooked, over the hill) or not (future of the club, need to be backed in for the next 40 games unconditionally).

We are the dumbest, worst skilled and weakest tackling team in the AFL. We need to ask for a PP now. Take away the 4 wins against North in the last 2 years and it shows that we need it
At the very least we should be asking for a repreive on Keelor.. and asking we be allowed to match any bids made on him inside the top 20..

But the flogs running our club wont..

AmericanCrow
Good:
As mentioned, my best mate/fishing buddy came over --- he was so hungry for a good steak that he'd snarfed his while I was only half-way through mine. Out of fear of losing the rest of mine, I gave him the (cooked) bone which he gnawed like a starving dog. When he was done, it looked like it'd been lying in the sun for a year, pure white (but with teethmarks).
We amused each other by making side bets:
--- I bet him $20 that Hamill would get concussed again, doubled if he did it without a Hawk player within 5 metres, doubled again if it was while handballing and he hit his own head ($20-with-wings, but good fun).
--- I bet him that by half-time at least 5 Crows players would get both hands to the ball and drop marks, doubled if they fell over and Hawks goaled from it (collected mid-second quarter).
--- he said we were a chance at 3/4 time, "only" 26 points down, but bet that we'd lose by 14 points, which I gave him as a buffer. That was another $20, thanks.
And so on.
Still, we had fun counting long bombs into the F50 onto the chests of loose Hawks, handballs behind or to the feet of players about to get tackled anyway, and short kicks that grubbed along the ground, fell short, or missed targets completely, not to mention ootf.
And so on.

Bad: selections/ Coaching.

Ugly:
Terrible game to watch. The Crows are terrible, although we did discuss how "Crows skill-level" might be the funniest oxymoron of AFL/2022.

I dont have a problem with playing McHenry. But f off crouch, keays and laird and see what he can do in the centre.

Play the young guys. What is to be gained finishing 14th?

Get rid of the shit. F off Murphy

Can anyone explain the maths to me?

Brodie Smith - 24 possessions, 92% DE, 9 turnovers??
I'm pretty sure a long kick that goes to a contest is considered an effective disposal. Hence the DE% being high. But then because we lost the contest, the turnover is counted against Smith.

Senior players need to be read the riot act.

The incident when McHenry was kicking for goal from 35 out (and granted, I'm not great shakes on him 1) kicking that distance and 2) being accurate ) but he had just kicked a goal and had a chance to really bang his confidence up but Tex calls for it and then misses.

There is a standard of selfishness in our senior players that just needs to be flushed out of this club, all it does is destroy the group coming through

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to sell him for a packet of twisties and a can o coke while we still can so he can shine at another club...like St Kilda.
Nah.. no one would have him..

Just keep him and only play him in the sanfl.. never call him up into the afl side EVER.

Treat him like a 40 possesion top up player..

We’ll win more sanfl games and that can only help develop our youth.

We wouldve won today against sturt if we kept crouch down there..

In the end we moved him into the AFL side and lost both games..

Brilliant!

Good amount of possession, a lot of metres gained from them too. A lot of marks, particularly intercept marks.

At the very least much better than the 15 similar scrappy midfielder/small forwards who get between 15-20 possessions and their identical games are purely rated on whether they are in the boys club (useless, cooked, over the hill) or not (future of the club, need to be backed in for the next 40 games unconditionally).
Pity he couldn't go for one of those intercepts and instead let jt bounce which ended in a goal.

Or not turning it over 9 times.

Smith made one bad error but was one of, if not the, best for the crows. Set up multiple goals and picked up the slack (along with Hamill) from Dawson's Sloane-esque effort to shake a tag.
Go rewatch the first 10 minutes. His first 4 kicks (3 under no pressure) we’re turnovers. Set the bad tone early.

Senior players need to be read the riot act.

The incident when McHenry was kicking for goal from 35 out (and granted, I'm not great shakes on him 1) kicking that distance and 2) being accurate ) but he had just kicked a goal and had a chance to really bang his confidence up but Tex calls for it and then misses.

There is a standard of selfishness in our senior players that just needs to be flushed out of this club, all it does is destroy the group coming through

Tex’s comments about wanting Crouch to return highlight this selfishness.

Good - Berry, that we turned some momentum in the 2nd half after looking like a 10 goal loss (scraping the barrell I know)
Dawson in midfield releasing Smith to play a more attacking role
Berr.. oh I already said him

Bad - everyone except Berry & Smith

Ugly, that blonde power ranger looking mf umpire 22. Crucified us against Carlton and returned to the scene of the crime today

If there is no escape hatch on that contract in the form of KPIs, it means the club's admin is grossly incompetent. Sacking him will be meaningless as the people who choose his replacement are idiots.
If we sack Nicks we'll hire a clone to replace him. A guy who doesn't think our list is that bad, can promise finals within a year or two, but will play diabolical defensive football to limit the damage and back in the mates of the club

PlayerDisposalsKMTCLRMGMG/DComments
Rory Laird42133742987.1Nothing 42 disposal game
Ben Keays30146562137.1Gives a damn, but…
Matt Crouch28104671023.6Lol no.
Harry Schoenberg251011733113.2Just 1 tackle
Brodie Smith242083180933.7Usual game
Tom Doedee211282032015.2Not the worst
Sam Berry181147340922.7Only mid I like
Jackson Hately181023118010.0Oh hell no
Jordan Dawson159110225817.2Does Nicks know what to do with him?
Will Hamill157330835.5Like him a lot
Patrick Parnell15822022915.3Young and raw
Ned McHenry14965036926.4Just a trier, that's all he'll ever be
Chayce Jones1396101299.9Let’s be honest, not a round 1 pick
Reilly O'Brien13643318714.4Offers little
Jake Soligo13621314210.9Young and raw and I like it!
Riley Thilthorpe13751314711.3Looked very good at ruck
Nick Murray11971118616.9Meh
Taylor Walker11643121119.2Frustrated and rightly so
Jordon Butts10550012512.5Meh
Darcy Fogarty105220969.6Frustrated and rightly so
Wayne Milera9663018020.0Trade bait?
James Rowe7403115722.4Looks good when we're winning

Okay a bit of an extended analysis:

Keays - decision-making and composure seems to have regressed extra within the last two months to a point where it feels like every kick of his hits an opposition player. Can still keep him in the side, but needs to rely less on him as a key midfield cog (see: what GWS have done with Taranto)

Laird - don't think he was as bad as advertised in this thread, particularly in the second half, but was still pretty average. Can't see him being a part of our midfield when we challenge

Berry - great clearance winning and burst from stoppages, but kicking horrific. Needs to be the primary coalface guy if we're being serious about considering our midfield mix, moving forward

Hately - horrific disposal today, shouldn't be playing on a wing in the first place as he's not got the athleticism required. If we're not going to play him in the middle in the ones, play him there in the twos. Remains to be seen where he is in the young inside mid pecking order anyway, I reckon Schoenberg, Berry and Soligo are in front as it stands

Schoenberg - a whole lot of meh today. I still reckon persist, got a lot of the ball and used it okay generally, but really needs to stamp more of an influence on the game

ROB - when he's not clunking contested marks, he's pretty much useless. He was clunking them in 2020, and has irregularly done so since. Also gets in the way of a lot of easy marks for players in front of him (see: the kick to Dawson inside 50 today). Need to find a more dynamic ruck through trade or draft this off-season

Thilthorpe - a lot better. Clunked contested marks in the forward line, worked up the ground, and looked more dynamic than ROB in the ruck. Think he's our Rowan Marshall/Darcy Cameron, just needs to grow into his body a bit more and gain some confidence and strength

Butts - am I the only one who thinks he's regressed this year? Murray seems to be more dynamic as a defender than he is, as of right now. A stopper, but literally nothing else. Hell, even his defensive stats (contested marks, 1%ers, intercepts) are poor for what they should be. Would like to find a key defensive pillar that's a bit more well rounded

Milera - needs to play on a wing, if he's in the ones. Gaining a bit more confidence, but he's being wasted by being used deep forward

Fogarty - did as much as he could. Continues to present a lot more at the ball than he did prior to the Geelong game

Soligo - quiet, but still all class. Persist, obviously

Smith - he's done. Either kicks long to a contested pack, or is too slow with his decision making to be effective with the ball. Needs to be phased out of the side within the next 12 months

Doedee - played well today. I honestly think he's gotten a bit of a bad rap this year, he's still a quality interceptor - shaky decision-making at times, but not to the extent some here would have you believe. Not our next captain, though

Hamill - our Brown replacement. Nice balance of defensive/offensive production

Last edited:
AmericanCrow
Good:
As mentioned, my best mate/fishing buddy came over --- he was so hungry for a good steak that he'd snarfed his while I was only half-way through mine. Out of fear of losing the rest of mine, I gave him the (cooked) bone which he gnawed like a starving dog. When he was done, it looked like it'd been lying in the sun for a year, pure white (but with teethmarks).
We amused each other by making side bets:
--- I bet him $20 that Hamill would get concussed again, doubled if he did it without a Hawk player within 5 metres, doubled again if it was while handballing and he hit his own head ($20-with-wings, but good fun).
--- I bet him that by half-time at least 5 Crows players would get both hands to the ball and drop marks, doubled if they fell over and Hawks goaled from it (collected mid-second quarter).
--- he said we were a chance at 3/4 time, "only" 26 points down, but bet that we'd lose by 14 points, which I gave him as a buffer. That was another $20, thanks.
And so on.
Still, we had fun counting long bombs into the F50 onto the chests of loose Hawks, handballs behind or to the feet of players about to get tackled anyway, and short kicks that grubbed along the ground, fell short, or missed targets completely, not to mention ootf.
And so on.

Bad: selections/ Coaching.

Ugly:
Terrible game to watch. The Crows are terrible, although we did discuss how "Crows skill-level" might be the funniest oxymoron of AFL/2022.
Gold

THIS!! If we were strong on senior players, maximum of 3 missed kicks and it's back to SANFL. Hog the ball like Smith and kill momentum (instead of handing off to Parnell) back to SANFL
Smith, thinking: I'm gonna kick this so hard it'll still be goalpost-high when it goes through the middle, FIGJAM ... wtf??

Back