Review Rd 21 - 1 of 6 Down, Freo Get Up Over the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I am very happy that Fyfe is coming back into the team soon especially with Tabs now gone. I expect that he will spend closer to 80-90 forward because we are going to need some marking targets (wish he was playing this week as Barass is likely to own Lobb). I thought he was beginning to develop his forward craft and was a significantly better kick on goal than last year (either way he is well ahead of Logue who should only shoot from within 10m).

One thing we havent mentioned much, Sam Darcy is going to be a ******* absolute monster where ever on the ground he plays.

Getting JUH and Darcy across two years (while being a decent team) is absolutely God tier ******* luck

One thing we havent mentioned much, Sam Darcy is going to be a ******* absolute monster where ever on the ground he plays.

Getting JUH and Darcy across two years (while being a decent team) is absolutely God tier ******* luck
agreed yet with how bevo throws the magnets around...

I remember the word was how unstoppable Daniher would become, will dominate the competition for years, multiple Essendon flag assured.
Good player sure but in hindsight the hype was a little over the top. As expected for Vic father sons

I remember the word was how unstoppable Daniher would become, will dominate the competition for years, multiple Essendon flag assured.
Good player sure but in hindsight the hype was a little over the top. As expected for Vic father sons

I've always been curious to know what program Essendon had him on, whether he was actually involved in the supplements saga but he would have been a minor at the time and the AFL were in full sweep mode and that would have seen people put in prison - I think Daniher was destroyed by their S&C team.

A lot of injuries cooking such a big frame from working too hard. And it's absolutely possible that Joe's body isn't capable of carrying that weight at that height to make him able to play AFL, he's always looked like a baby giraffe.

But when a player has so many issues around the hips/groin, it signals to me that they've pushed him too hard.

Can only go off what I see and his marking was sensational I thought for a first year KPP. Looked like he could be an absolute wall down back if they keep him there.

Getting an academy pick 1 soon after winning a GF is a bit suss especially when a year later Motlop was stolen from us but here we are.

Getting an academy pick 1 soon after winning a GF is a bit suss especially when a year later Motlop was stolen from us but here we are.
That still grinds my gears.

Western Bulldogs able to match bid pick 2 - Sam Darcy (f/s)
Collingwood able to match bid pick 4 - Nick Daicos (f/s)
Fremantle UNABLE to match bid pick 27 - Jesse Motlop (NGA)
St Kilda able to match bid pick 33 - Mitchito Owens (NGA)

It's almost like it's a Melbourne thing...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was absolutely about fears of Perth and Adelaide indigenous talent. Remember at the start that the AFL wouldn't even let us have indigenous young men from the city in our NGA at all, then the price of bringing them into the fold was to not be able to match a bid before #40.

Fremantle has some father son possibilities in the next few drafts:
Jaren Carr/ Matthew Carr
Isaiah Hayden/ Roger Hayden (+ Roger's Nephew Kris)

Can only go off what I see and his marking was sensational I thought for a first year KPP. Looked like he could be an absolute wall down back if they keep him there.

And moves well at pace, is agile, has at least a very neat kick and is 210... From watching he will be an absolute beast and at his size.. amazing.

3 minutes left in the 1st quarter, Cam Mooney “I’ll be surprised if Sean Darcy sees the game out, English has been running him up and down this ground.”

Piss off Cam, you know nothing.

That still grinds my gears.

Western Bulldogs able to match bid pick 2 - Sam Darcy (f/s)
Collingwood able to match bid pick 4 - Nick Daicos (f/s)
Fremantle UNABLE to match bid pick 27 - Jesse Motlop (NGA)
St Kilda able to match bid pick 33 - Mitchito Owens (NGA)

It's almost like it's a Melbourne thing...
The father sons are a non-issue for me.

It's the AFL saying we can't match a bid for an NGA player inside the top 40 but for some random bullshit reason but then 6 picks later the Saints can? Either you can match an NGA bid inside the top 40 or you can't, don't give me this in-between bullshit.

with Sam De Koning at 204 and Darcy at 205, the next generation of KPDs is getting ridiculous.
It's why guys like Treacy and Logue can't make as bonafide KPFs.
They might be bloody good 200 game 3rd talls or big midfielders or mid sized lead up forwards or whatever.
But in the 21st C you need a "Tabs or bigger" guy to play FF.
If Lobb goes we need to find at least one of those types.

Alex Pearce was mic's up for Fox Footy during the game like Riewoldt was a few weeks ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back