News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory just before the Melbourne game the club but CM back in again and that was the straw that broke the playing group - completely dropped the bundle v Melbourne and never recovered. It is hard to believe they persisted with CM when there were clear issues surrounding their work

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why would five of the nine board members (a majority of the total board) vote to remove themselves over the camp situation?

They're always going to cover their ass because that's how we've always operated
But if Roo steps down, it's four all. Olsen would get the deciding vote.

I couldn’t believe that headline when I saw it. I mean seriously. 2 flags from 3 Grand Finals. Another 4 preliminary finals. A bit of luck and you probably would be on 3 flags. No one would deny that there has been some underachievement (and every club could lay claim to underachieving or not maximising their “potential” at times). But that is just bizarre.

Edit: I see they also refer to Collingwood as failures. Ok… clearly they only have one act in their repertoire 😂
We've actually played in 8 Preliminary Finals

Do you actually understand how to remove a board member in any organisation?

Just because you want someone gone, there is a process.

Pressure needs to come from the membership base via petition.
Don't the AFL appoint/remove most of our Board Members?

We have no control over Roo's seat on the board via a petition. He is not one of the token "Member Elected " Board members anymore.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL could remove him very quickly if they wanted too.
Yes they could.

But why would they?

Olsen can ask them. Maybe he did and they said no. He wouldn't make this public at all.

Sounds like Roo isn't standing down on his own accord.

Don't the AFL appoint/remove most of our Board Members?

We have no control over Roo's seat on the board via a petition. He is not one of the token "Member Elected " Board members anymore.

I’m fully aware we have no control to remove him and the club has no control over how to remove him however if 30,000 Crows members signed a petition even the AFL would have to do something. The problem is most of the Crows members treat Roo like some sort of demi-god.

The main issue now is that you still have 6 board members who were on the board of directors when this all happened. If you get rid of Roo, you also have to remove the other 5. That ain’t happening, so unfortunately Roo will stay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m fully aware we have no control to remove him and the club has no control over how to remove him however if 30,000 Crows members signed a petition even the AFL would have to do something. The problem is most of the Crows members treat Roo like some sort of demi-god.

The main issue now is that you still have 6 board members who were on the board of directors when this all happened. If you get rid of Roo, you also have to remove the other 5. That ain’t happening, so unfortunately Roo will stay.
Sorry, I thought you meant an official members petition as part of a process as per the club constitution. Pretty common for most club based organisations.

We don't have that.

What you are suggesting is really more hope than an actual process. Hope we can get 30,000 members to sign a petition, and hope the AFL will listen.

I have no doubt Olsen asked for Roo to walk. Roo pulls rank, it's "his " club and is staying put. Then Olsen went to the AFL, they said "meh".

Agree with your last part.

Not just Roo, all should go. But won't.

Pembo on AA cracking into the Camp
Never mentions his wife Kate Ellis was on the Board then.

More the optics and he was the Football Department Director.

Every other person in power has been stood down.

And he brought in Burton plus his post camp comments, they played them on FC last night and they make him look pretty silly now, another benefit of having your football director as a radio host

And he brought in Burton plus his post camp comments, they played them on FC last night and they make him look pretty silly now, another benefit of having your football director as a radio host
And also his "move on" comments on MMM last week when it broke.

Creates more media issues for our club.

I highly doubt Olsen and Silvers want him there, they have done everything (get on front foot and apologise) right, but he is staying put.

And also his "move on" comments on MMM last week when it broke.

Creates more media issues for our club.

I highly doubt Olsen and Silvers want him there, they have done everything (get on front foot and apologise) right, but he is staying put.

I wonder if he said anything this morning?

His comments where he praised Pyke and McGuire for putting the club first are telling, will he take his own advice?

Also I’m sure I read somewhere that there is a time limit of how long you can be on the board, how long did we extend his tenure last year?

I think if Roo actually loved the club he would go. He's just holding on so if the on field stuff ever turns around, that success will be partly attributed to him. He doesn't seem to realise his redemption arc will never come because he sucks at his job.
He might bleed for the club, but the club will continue to bleed while he's there.

I doubt that would happen. This is a bit of an echo chamber. In the real world, the majority of Crows supporters, while not necessarily seeing him as a demi-god, would be happy enough with Roo staying, and many would agree with the things he has said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back