News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if Roo actually loved the club he would go. He's just holding on so if the on field stuff ever turns around, that success will be partly attributed to him. He doesn't seem to realise his redemption arc will never come because he sucks at his job.
He needs to go really, hopefully he does so soon as I doubt the media is going to give up til they get their pound of flesh and can act like heroes for championing the cause of others.

Club deleted my tweet about Roo being a poor administrator, which isn't surprising. Not sure why the tweet that just says "Sack Roo" remains though.:think:
Maybe they interpret it as sack (as in plunder) the Roos (Kangaroos) this week?
They think it's a war cry to get up and smash them?

Sorry, I thought you meant an official members petition as part of a process as per the club constitution. Pretty common for most club based organisations.

We don't have that.

What you are suggesting is really more hope than an actual process. Hope we can get 30,000 members to sign a petition, and hope the AFL will listen.

I have no doubt Olsen asked for Roo to walk. Roo pulls rank, it's "his " club and is staying put. Then Olsen went to the AFL, they said "meh".

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry, yes it was more about hope it would happen than what can actually happen.

The s**t show continues.

And also his "move on" comments on MMM last week when it broke.

Creates more media issues for our club.

I highly doubt Olsen and Silvers want him there, they have done everything (get on front foot and apologise) right, but he is staying put.

It's almost the perfect storm isn't it. A high profiile Football Director with no media savvy and a penchant for saying ill considered and generally stupid things in the public domain, coupled with a completey inept and benign media / PR team that are ill equipped to manage it.

Really interesting hearing from Tex, it really does sound like the coaches / admin just shut down any talk that there was a problem, even from him
How on earth is the club allowing Roo’s show to host Tex? It’s beyond the time they should have sacked him, let alone give him ultimatum on media stuff especially where a conflict. The corporate idiocy knows no bounds.

Last edited:
How on earth is the club allowing Roo’s show to host Tex? It’s beyond the time they should have sacked him, let alone give him ultimatum on media stuff especially where a conflict. The corporate idiocy knows no bounds.
He has a regular weekly spot. TBH it would probably create more of a media storm if we pulled Tex from appearing in the media

Tex didn't say anything bad though, I don't see where there is a problem? Apart from Roo still being on the board of course

Sorry, I thought you meant an official members petition as part of a process as per the club constitution. Pretty common for most club based organisations.

We don't have that.

What you are suggesting is really more hope than an actual process. Hope we can get 30,000 members to sign a petition, and hope the AFL will listen.

I have no doubt Olsen asked for Roo to walk. Roo pulls rank, it's "his " club and is staying put. Then Olsen went to the AFL, they said "meh".

We won't have that until 2025 when we get the licence from the AFL I believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has a regular weekly spot. TBH it would probably create more of a media storm if we pulled Tex from appearing in the media

Tex didn't say anything bad though, I don't see where there is a problem? Apart from Roo still being on the board of course
Tex is reading Club lines like he has been for four years. Admit a little bit but say it was great for you and club has moved on; strategy of minimization because they can no longer deny. It’s BS. Love Tex but he’s being a team player here when maybe some more brutal honesty needed about hurt caused by club administration including Roo.

Tex is reading Club lines like he has been for four years. Admit a little bit but say it was great for you and club has moved on; strategy of minimization because they can no longer deny. It’s BS. Love Tex but he’s being a team player here when maybe some more brutal honesty needed about hurt caused by club administration including Roo.
Did you actually read what he said?
He said he tried to help the guys that had a problem but couldn't get anything done. Without naming names he basically said the club admin wouldn't take it seriously.

Interesting that he mentions he had confidential one on one meetings with other players at his house and that he did all he could at the time. Either, the club shut him up or he didn't do enough? Anway, it's a hard one to judge.

I look back at all the controversies and personal trauma that I've encountered in my workplace in the past and though there were some weak apologies, it's still the same people in charge and systems weren't put in place to prevent these situations in future. The culprits at hand were also not really punished. At the end of the day, I get it's not as easy as turning against your employer and speaking up can be difficult when you're the one traumatised and still employed. It's even harder to speak up against your employer on behalf of your colleague. I tried to do it back then, but ultimately, my voice meant very little and the boss had the last say.

Did you actually read what he said?
He said he tried to help the guys that had a problem but couldn't get anything done. Without naming names he basically said the club admin wouldn't take it seriously.
Interesting that he mentions he had confidential one on one meetings with other players at his house and that he did all he could at the time. Either, the club shut him up or he didn't do enough? Anway, it's a hard one to judge.

I look back at all the controversies and personal trauma that I've encountered in my workplace in the past and though there were some weak apologies, it's still the same people in charge and systems weren't put in place to prevent these situations in future. The culprits at hand were also not really punished. At the end of the day, I get it's not as easy as turning against your employer and speaking up can be difficult when you're the one traumatised and still employed. It's even harder to speak up against your employer on behalf of your colleague. I tried to do it back then, but ultimately, my voice meant very little and the boss had the last say.
This was my point. As hard as the above choice may have been for blokes like him, imagine how much harder it was for a guy like Eddie who genuinely said enough is enough and then on the outer. That’s serious guts and leadership. That’s not Tex’ fault, - it’s the club administration, but another sign of who we back and who we don’t at club under Roo and previous admin…

Bullseye.

As we've seen with previous controversies the priority is damage control for 1) high up club personnel and 2) the club, in that order.

So Caro says on Footy Classified last night that the indigenous players felt they should have been consulted before Tex was re-signed.

WTF!

If true and not just someone passing a comment out of context

the indigenous player (s) concerned if it is the case, need to pull their head(s) in. Feel free to quit. At no stage does any player have the right to dictate to the club on who they should be contracting.

flair up campaigner

If true and not just someone passing a comment out of context

the indigenous player (s) concerned if it is the case, need to pull their head(s) in. Feel free to quit. At no stage does any player have the right to dictate to the club on who they should be contracting.

Well I’m sure Caroline would have confirmed her source but if there is any truth those players need to be put back in their place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back