Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Take this for whatever it is worth...Clarkson will be at Norf announced over the weekend.

This is from an ex-employee who has been told by Norf staffers. They were expecting an answer on Monday just gone and thought they lost him when it was delayed...But seems not.

If ex North staffers knew, it'd be all over the media.

Should do something like for every goal we kick against Tiges, there will be an extra 1% off. So might get another 5-7% off that way.

Geez, you're confident. I'll be surprised if we get past 3.

If we do miss out on Clarko, I wonder who would we chase ? Apparently we don't want a new coach.

Ross ? Buckley ? Pyke? Choco?

No one is saying a club looking for a new coach is not part of the business. It is. Its how we've conducted our business that is the issue. We could've sacked Truck on Monday and be done with it. Brutal maybe, but a better way to do business.
I assume they've had a conversation.
He hasn't quit, and they didn't sack him.
So there must be some level of understanding or agreement.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the very least we have added 200 pages on the nerf
Boy Meets World Gun GIF
board

"2 proud clubs like Collingwood/Carlton, both have made a great fist of their season"

Feels like he's talking about us and not lolNorf.

Get the feeling Clarko sees through media hooplah and is the type of bloke to just wanna get stuck into it.

As for us, we've been through an entire saga and survived and came out healthier, thus we can make it through anything.

We'll see what happens.

But Rutten might still want to coach at Essendon next year. If they sacked him now, then that is no longer possible.
I assume they've had the conversation.
Something like "we are chasing Clarkson. If we get him you are gone from head coach. If we don't, we'll see about you finishing your contract".

Its rough, but that's the business these days.
Nice in theory. Practically though, can you not see any problems surfacing? I think it would waste another year at least.

The problems i see would be, where does it leave our teams on field fortunes? Will there be player confusion for the pre season and going into next year? Why keep working at a gameplan that is going to be changed again? Why even stay at the club when theres so much uncertainty? Should i back Truck and go 100% or should i have another half arsed year, i get paid either way.

You can say oh the players are professional it'll be business as usual but we've already seen Hurls and Merrett this week complaining about lack of transparency from the club. Its a mess right now and would be next year trying to pretend Truck is our man.

Pretending this week has been good business would be classic Essendon though.

"2 proud clubs like Collingwood/Carlton, both have made a great fist of their season"

Feels like he's talking about us and not lolNorf.

he sounds hammered. i respect someone who can smash that many 200ml bottles of wine on an Adelaide to a Melbourne flight.

he sounds hammered. i respect someone who can smash that many 200ml bottles of wine on an Adelaide to a Melbourne flight.
His options are North or us.

I'd have 6 of those bottles before the wheels were even off the ground!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back