Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Guess tomorrow's the day.
Flying Music Video GIF

You may not be aware of the history of our great club, but Chocco was yet another coaching option we burnt.

He wouldn't step 100m near the Hanger.
It’s a pity.

I think he is up there if he wants to take up the head coach role again.

Don’t get me wrong Clarko will be a good get for whoever he chooses?

But I’m surprised Chocco’s name isn’t getting more of a mention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smokey BBQ.
Think the press conference will be Truck is hitting the road after the weekend. No source. Just a guess.

Agreed.

If we do get Clarko I think the order of events will be Trucks last game announcement tomorrow. We play Richmond on Saturday. Then Sunday night or Monday we get Clarko announcement.

Its so completely obvious that Clarko is coming to Essendon. Why would he wait until the weekend to make a decision? It literally makes no sense. Norf have been working on him for a month, they have no coach...nothing holding the commitment back.

If you believe the rumours, Essendon people have been chattin to Clarkson for a while...but things had to occur before any REAL conversations could start. Those dominos have fallen and now the details of the contract are being ironed out. Its like Clarko has been intentionally holding out for the exact scenario from Essendon while working with Norf just in case it couldn't come to fruition.

I have no intel...but if Clarkson was to choose Norf I would be completely shocked and surprised.

How often does the opportunity arise to lead one of the biggest sporting brands in the nation out of their biggest ever hole and potentially to glory. Plus you'll be given every dime/resources you can imagine to make the success happen. Clarkson would have to be a complete moron not to take the Essendon gig. Its a once in a generation opportunity.

My hubris is a notch or two down from yours. However, I am still bullish on the state of our list and what it could be at the start of 2024. This is why I feel for Truck like I did Teague last year. I think Essendon this year and Carlton last year were a talented young list proving the theory that development is non-linear. Just as Collingwood's surprising bump in form this year is, IMHO, not indicative of where things will be in 24 months.

For Clarkson, to have a list that has so much upside, plus good draft position and F/S this year AND salary cap room to allow his reputation to attract a big name. He has one job to write himself into the history books. Win at least 1 more flag than the current Carlton group so when you retire Essendon is on top of the pile.

On a personal level if he can win three he equals the all-time record. If he wins 1 more he's had more success than any coach who has coached after 1965.

North is a LONG WAY from getting a competitive side on the park. Even with the greatest coach ever, and 4 gun FAs in the next two years, they won't even make finals in 2024.

Essendon's best this year was very good. There was just that globetrotter "extra pissing about" pass that ensured the scoreboard did not reflect how well we played against Collingwood, Gold Coast, and Sydney. A coach who can instill ruthless ball use would go a long way with this list. The team's defensive running looks a lot better when they turn it over less.

I have been very much in the "why eff would you come to the dumpster fire that is Essendon" camp up until seeing that interview. He's aiming to ride the tiger. The dangerous option where there is some instability, decades lacking success, and big egos pulling strings they shouldn't behind the scenes. The danger comes with a huge payoff. A successful Essendon was the biggest club in the land 20 years ago. Easily turn it around to 100k members Docklands bursting at the seams, MCG selling out. HUGE.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back