Scandal Martin groping/chopsticks/haircut scandal

Remove this Banner Ad

The respect and responsibility policy was as far as I can tell, published in August of 2017 so I don't know if that holds up.

If this happened post-season in 2017 you'd have to think it was even stupider given the players would have agreed to this policy not long before it happened. Lots of assumptions there obviously.
Does the policy cover stuff that happens in private?

Not being a smart arse, I really don’t know

Martin gropes a stripper…
Richmond supporters, “ what’s the big deal? It’s consensual. Media beat up. Nothing to see here. They hate us cos they ain’t us. Grope anyone you want dusty”

Essendon player gropes a stripper
Richmond supporters, “this is disrespectful and against the policies of the AFL. Poor form. What a s**t pot club. This would never happen at a quality club like the tiges.”

So, as best I can tell, we have been given no reason to believe the lady in question was non-consenting at the time.

On the other hand, she wasn't approached prior to the release of the video, and thus most definitely did not consent to having this footage plastered all over the internet, or ask to have anyone demanding justice on her behalf.

Martin gropes a stripper…
Richmond supporters, “ what’s the big deal? It’s consensual. Media beat up. Nothing to see here. They hate us cos they ain’t us. Grope anyone you want dusty”

Essendon player gropes a stripper
Richmond supporters, “this is disrespectful and against the policies of the AFL. Poor form. What a s**t pot club. This would never happen at a quality club like the tiges.”
That is Big Footy 101 honestly regarding everything from off field scandals to tribunal decisions.

At the end of the day though the Internet is mainly catered for sooks and whingers as it gives them a free outlet to complain incognito. This forum is no different as well as every other social media platform. Twitter is a cesspit lately.

Comical stuff from the Hun, from 2015.

What do you expect from a rag that employs that pig Mark Robinson.

What normally happens when someone inappropriately touches a stripper?

I honestly don't know.

I always imagined that security frog marches the person to the door, give them a gut punch and tosses them out.
Given the security guard is probably a Richmond supporter with half his teeth missing bald and tattoos everywhere, he probably takes a selfie with Martin instead

This whole thread is full of people making up what happened in their heads, difference is that unlike the majority who are suggesting Dusty clearly had permission to grab her on the breast, I'm suggesting that he might not have and that it's wrong that he did what he did.

Was brought up to respect women regardless of the situation. Make no apologies for thinking grabbing a woman on the breast is inappropriate.

More often that not, the person you're making a call about is a stranger, so whether they accept an apology or not makes no difference to me. Easier to live with some anonymous person being upset with me than to have on my conscious that someone got assaulted/abused/taken advantage of because I decided to not step in.

Me thinking that it's inappropriate for a bloke to grab a random woman on the breast even though she was at an event topless is all about the way I was raised and that is you don't take advantage of women.

Nobody knows what the situation was apart from the woman in the video who was doing her job. Just because she was there topless and sitting on another blokes lap doesn't mean that she was fair game to a bloke walking past.

I've been to strippers/bucks nights where a stripper will be interacting with a client/buck and seen blokes not involved go the grope as they walked by and they've quickly been dealt with by security, just because we don't see it happen here doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't happen after the video stopped and that was the end of the situation which is why it never went any further.

Regardless of where it was, respect towards a woman should always be shown.

The majority of people in this thread are assuming that consent was given because the woman doesn't make a scene or immediately react to being grabbed. Has it accured to anyone that the woman involved has been in similar situations and knows that making a big deal about something like that could very well make things worse than they need to be.

At the end of the clip you see her end her interaction with the guy whe was already dealing with and walk off. It could very well be that she approached security and said she wasn't comfortable with what happened and that the issue was dealt with there and then, hence nothing further happening like a police complaint or her going to the media.

The issue of the story being released now is different to the act itself IMO. Releasing it now is grubby clickbait 'journalism' as you say, however I don't apologise for taking exception to what Dusty did, seems I was raised differently to a lot of posters on here.
You've clearly never gone to a strip club. There is a time and a place for most things in life and a strip club is a place where this sort of stuff happens.

You ever heard of a 'private' for example. I don't care how you live your life, I don't see why you should take any offence to what other people do? Did the stripper complain? Nope, its pretty much accepted that this s**t happens but you and the other woke people of the world find it offensive and we all have to hear about it.

Go away, live your life how you want and extend that same courtesy to other people who choose to take a different approach.

PS Stay away from bucks nights, its a lot worse in many cases.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a women wants respect she probably shouldn’t consider a job as stripper
I respect any person unless they give me a real good reason not to. Their occupation has nothing to do with it

You ever heard of a 'private' for example. I don't care how you live your life, I don't see why you should take any offence to what other people do? Did the stripper complain? Nope, its pretty much accepted that this s**t happens but you and the other woke people of the world find it offensive and we all have to hear about it.

Try going to a strip club, and when a stripper is on someone else's lap talking to them - walk past and have a grab of their breasts.

See how that goes for you...

Try going to a strip club, and when a stripper is on someone else's lap talking to them - walk past and have a grab of their breasts.

See how that goes for you...
Dude it wasn’t a strip club! Has anyone actually watched the footage before jumping down Martins throat?

Dude it wasn’t a strip club! Has anyone actually watched the footage before jumping down Martins throat?

The person I was quoting brought that reference in.

> You've clearly never gone to a strip club. There is a time and a place for most things in life and a strip club is a place where this sort of stuff happens.

I was making the point that even at a strip club there are rules.

In the footage a few seconds after it happened, she asked for her drink to be held as she got down from the table and walked off in the opposite direction of DM.

This whole thread is full of people making up what happened in their heads, difference is that unlike the majority who are suggesting Dusty clearly had permission to grab her on the breast, I'm suggesting that he might not have and that it's wrong that he did what he did.

Was brought up to respect women regardless of the situation. Make no apologies for thinking grabbing a woman on the breast is inappropriate.

More often that not, the person you're making a call about is a stranger, so whether they accept an apology or not makes no difference to me. Easier to live with some anonymous person being upset with me than to have on my conscious that someone got assaulted/abused/taken advantage of because I decided to not step in.

Me thinking that it's inappropriate for a bloke to grab a random woman on the breast even though she was at an event topless is all about the way I was raised and that is you don't take advantage of women.

Nobody knows what the situation was apart from the woman in the video who was doing her job. Just because she was there topless and sitting on another blokes lap doesn't mean that she was fair game to a bloke walking past.

I've been to strippers/bucks nights where a stripper will be interacting with a client/buck and seen blokes not involved go the grope as they walked by and they've quickly been dealt with by security, just because we don't see it happen here doesn't necessarily mean that it didn't happen after the video stopped and that was the end of the situation which is why it never went any further.

Regardless of where it was, respect towards a woman should always be shown.

The majority of people in this thread are assuming that consent was given because the woman doesn't make a scene or immediately react to being grabbed. Has it accured to anyone that the woman involved has been in similar situations and knows that making a big deal about something like that could very well make things worse than they need to be.

At the end of the clip you see her end her interaction with the guy whe was already dealing with and walk off. It could very well be that she approached security and said she wasn't comfortable with what happened and that the issue was dealt with there and then, hence nothing further happening like a police complaint or her going to the media.

The issue of the story being released now is different to the act itself IMO. Releasing it now is grubby clickbait 'journalism' as you say, however I don't apologise for taking exception to what Dusty did, seems I was raised differently to a lot of posters on here.
how is commenting on a 7 year old video stepping in? 🤣🤣🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Back