Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Preliminary Final - Swans v Pies Sat Sept 17th 4:45pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 19.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 39 20.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 4.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who knows. Perhaps the colder air in Melbourne freezes your brains of any logic.

Using a ground for a final that has only been used once this season, and not since 2016 before that seems a reasonable approach - particularly considering Swans and Giants have had the opportunity to play at the venue in finals in 2017, 2018 and 2019 too. Seems comparable to the use of the MCG.

Furthermore, the venue has had both wings covered by seating since March. Let's roll it back 5 days before a prelim final. It should be right.

End convo nuffie.
Just like when the Giants played the dogs at Giants stadium lol.

My point simply is they can’t justify denying Geelong’s request if they allow this.

On another note can any of you Sydneysiders recommend a pub/cafe to get a bite close to the ground on Saturday? I fly up from Melbourne Sat morning and will be looking to kill some time before the game.

Depends how early you're getting into Sydney but pub transport is included in the ticket. Circular Quay/ King Street wharf have nice breakky/bar areas and there's light rail close by to take you directly to the SCG from both locations.

Just like when the Giants played the dogs at Giants stadium lol.

My point simply is they can’t justify denying Geelong’s request if they allow this.
It's all about the money with the AFL. The cost of using ANZ obviously outweighs the revenue the extra fans bring in. I'm making assumptions, but the one thing we all know is the AFL doesn't give a s**t about the fans, only the money. If you think they are doing this to help out Sydney you are delusional. It's just luck that we get it at the SCG.

Depends how early you're getting into Sydney but pub transport is included in the ticket. Circular Quay/ King Street wharf have nice breakky/bar areas and there's light rail close by to take you directly to the SCG from both locations.
Thanks Nuggetz! 🙏

It's all about the money with the AFL. The cost of using ANZ obviously outweighs the revenue the extra fans bring in. I'm making assumptions, but the one thing we all know is the AFL doesn't give a s**t about the fans, only the money. If you think they are doing this to help out Sydney you are delusional. It's just luck that we get it at the SCG.
I wouldn’t say that it has been used time and time again for finals.

I think it’s more how they are trying to get the Swans to be an eastern Sydney team so they can develop the giants out west. Last thing they want is the Swans playing big finals and potentially winning a GF birth out in West Sydney

They’d get lost in the corners. The tight, scary corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Also, weren’t there bits of metal poking out of the turf last time we played there, and all of Big Footy was alight with fans saying “how could the AFL book games at such a substandard venue?”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

38 point lead and took the foot off the gas in the final quarter.

It was a comprehensive victory whichever way you spin it.

Not spinning it at all, just think Freo were very poor rather than Pies very good. As the Freo players and coach said, they didn't handle the occasion at all, their pressure was non-existent and their foot skills awful. Well done on winning, but surely you can't argue that your performance was equal to your game against the Cats?

Not spinning it at all, just think Freo were very poor rather than Pies very good. As the Freo players and coach said, they didn't handle the occasion at all, their pressure was non-existent and their foot skills awful. Well done on winning, but surely you can't argue that your performance was equal to your game against the Cats?
Yeah we were lucky against Freo, I have no idea how they made top 8 on their performance, the Geelong game, Geelong were as poor as they have been for a long time and we couldn't beat them, on the other hand Sydney were just awesome against Melbourne, who showed they were in top form by getting close a week later against Brisbane.
So all in all, Sydney would need to choke big time to lose this, it's about unlosable as it gets.

Making sure Giovanni doesn’t step up with 3 or more goals is crucial. I’m more concerned about him than DeGowy.

Buddy played ok last game, 3 goals and could have kicked more but I’d like him leading More away from the goals and opening up space for Heeney and Papley.

In the end both teams like high pressure and both teams have a handful of extremely dangerous players. Letting the Daikos bros. run amok would also be fraught with danger.

I’ll back my own team of course but I’m doing so cautiously. MacRay seems to know how to instill a lot of confidence in his players and they’ll be ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we were lucky against Freo, I have no idea how they made top 8 on their performance, the Geelong game, Geelong were as poor as they have been for a long time and we couldn't beat them, on the other hand Sydney were just awesome against Melbourne, who showed they were in top form by getting close a week later against Brisbane.
So all in all, Sydney would need to choke big time to lose this, it's about unlosable as it gets.

Strange response, I was actually praising you against the Cats.

There’s definitely more damaging players from Sydney than the Pies, but luckily for us, we’ve played this entire finals series fairly evenly from a contribution perspective, and it’s all about team attack, team defence.
Agree PieLebo87 with how Collingwood go about their business, so team oriented in everything they do... this will be a great test for them to see if this highly impressive mantra can be good enough to beat a 'very talented' but also 'young' Swans outfit (so much to like about the Swans long-term), either way it should be a ripping game with both teams high class when it comes to applying immense pressure over sustained periods of a game.

Last edited:
Strange response, I was actually praising you against the Cats.
Hahaha, do you think I really care what you think, do you think you are some kind of expert or something?

All I know is we have to be on to win, but I am very confident that we are slowly getting the game we want to play, I am confident we will be better again this week.

Against Geelong, I didn't think we would win, against Freo, I was confident we would win, this game i'm confident we will win, that's about the best I can give you.

So whatever you think about games gone by, I really don't care.

Hahaha, do you think I really care what you think, do you think you are some kind of expert or something?

All I know is we have to be on to win, but I am very confident that we are slowly getting the game we want to play, I am confident we will be better again this week.

Against Geelong, I didn't think we would win, against Freo, I was confident we would win, this game i'm confident we will win, that's about the best I can give you.

So whatever you think about games gone by, I really don't care.

No I just think this is a discussion thread and I was discussing the game. If you don't care for discussion you have no need to read the thread. If you don't agree with my opinion that's also fine, but conflating my words then ranting about not caring what I think is rather strange behaviour. We're all nervous/excited for the game but some decorum goes a long way.

No I just think this is a discussion thread and I was discussing the game. If you don't care for discussion you have no need to read the thread. If you don't agree with my opinion that's also fine, but conflating my words then ranting about not caring what I think is rather strange behaviour. We're all nervous/excited for the game but some decorum goes a long way.
You weren't discussing the game, you were hanging crap on Freo.

You weren't discussing the game, you were hanging crap on Freo.

Nothing that their own staff didn't say, but I can call them up and say sorry if you want.

I really can't stand that Ginnivan bloke

He spends the first half of the year ducking for frees dropping the knees and prancing around like he is the king and better than anyone else.

Telling the media he doesn't care about what people think of it or him and talks himself up blah blah

Some heat goes on him and he uses the 'it hurts' when people are shaming me.

His immaturity and poor behaviour has come back to bite him and he becomes a flake. He whines about being being booed and called out by Danger.

You then get people defending him because he his young and he should be looked after by the umps and everyone. Poor boy this and that. Cry the bloke a river.

He is an adult. A young one with a lot to learn.

The man bought all this attention on himself, he LOVED it when it was working for him and now doesn't like it because he gets called out for it.

He's the boy who cried wolf.

He can't have it both ways. He made a perception of himself and has to live with it.

He needs to grow up

Back