UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:
Universally? Paul Keating disagrees, for one. And he would be in a position to know.
haven't encountered what p.k has said on the matter of the palace letters. do tell?

prof hocking is a renowned historian and researcher. kelly is a right wing hack journo. there's no comparison.

I know she gets some flack in this forum for her commentating. But imho Daisy Pearce's view on the decision to drop the minutes silence for the Queen in the AFLW Indigenous Round gets it spot on:

Great take.

Nice to see all the white supremacists come out of the woodwork from the Queen's death. Heil Charles.

The haters a
Great take.

Nice to see all the white supremacists come out of the woodwork from the Queen's death. Heil Charles.
The haters are out in force, perhaps we need to erase the Queen's Birthday Holiday game which will become the King's holiday game?
Plus no more mention of the time the Queen attended a game and sat next to a Brownlow medalist? No Daisy, One minute of respect. that's all.
mui7R8ys.jpg

The haters are out in force, perhaps we need to erase the Queen's Birthday Holiday game which will become the King's holiday game?
Plus no more mention of the time the Queen attended a game and sat next to a Brownlow medalist? No Daisy, One minute of respect. that's all.
mui7R8ys.jpg

nah let's keep the King's birthday game.

maybe we can have half time entertainment for that game with a re-enactment of King Arthur and Captain Cook slaughtering some Aboriginals on Botany Bay.

maybe we can have half time entertainment for that game with a re-enactment of King Arthur and Captain Cook slaughtering some Aboriginals on Botany Bay.
The story of the 1938 Re-enactment of the first fleet landing is actually pretty harrowing.

Government officials rounded up 25 Indigenous men to perform the role of retreating natives and told if they did not perform as required their families would starve.

48959F5A00000578-5314381-An_Aboriginal_elder_has_recalled_the_moment_25_indigenous_men_we-a-8_1516928920997.jpg

The officials also selected the best dancers and singers from Menindee mission in far-west New South Wales and told them they were required to perform cultural dances in Sydney.

Believe it or not a similar mock landing with Indigenous people performing the role of retreating Aborigines was a part of the 1988 Bicentennial. The Hawke government refused to fund the 1988 re-enactment out of concern for Indigenous sentiments. The re-enactment went ahead anyway after Sydney radio station 2GB set up a fundraising campaign for it.

Plus no more mention of the time the Queen attended a game and sat next to a Brownlow medalist?
... what is there to say about this. I don't understand what the point of posting this is, it doesn't seem very interesting or meaningful.
Big deal the Queen flew to Australia once and sat at a football match like NBA players do, wowee, hold the press!

The story of the 1938 Re-enactment of the first fleet landing is actually pretty harrowing.

Government officials rounded up 25 Indigenous men to perform the role of retreating natives and told if they did not perform as required their families would starve.

48959F5A00000578-5314381-An_Aboriginal_elder_has_recalled_the_moment_25_indigenous_men_we-a-8_1516928920997.jpg

The officials also selected the best dancers and singers from Menindee mission in far-west New South Wales and told them they were required to perform cultural dances in Sydney.

Believe it or not a similar mock landing with Indigenous people performing the role of retreating Aborigines was a part of the 1988 Bicentennial. The Hawke government refused to fund the 1988 re-enactment out of concern for Indigenous sentiments. The re-enactment went ahead anyway after Sydney radio station 2GB set up a fundraising campaign for it.

Jesus I only said it in extreme sarcasm, how horrific.

JackFlash there you go mate, travel back to the 1930's where you belong.

While I've never been a fan of the monarchy I always get a good belly laugh when people refer to events of over 200 years ago as if it was last week, while offering 'their interpretation of history' because it suits their latest virtue signalling faux outrage crusade...

This is the first I've heard of forced re-enactments. That is truly disgusting. I also notice radio 2GB funded the modern-day re-enactment in spite of Indigenous concerns. Is this the same 2GB that, after the 2005 Cronulla race riots was found to have

...breached the Commercial Radio Code during that exchange on the 7th of December 2005, by broadcasting material that was likely to encourage violence or brutality.

ACMA (the Australian Communications and Media Authority) also found that the licensee breached the Code by broadcasting material that was likely to vilify people of Lebanese and Middle Eastern background on the basis of their ethnicity....

I think I see a pattern emerging. What a great bunch of scumbags, that radio station.

The haters a

Plus no more mention of the time the Queen attended a game and sat next to a Brownlow medalist? No Daisy, One minute of respect for the woman in the name of whose crown so much slaughter and dispossession was committed. that's all.
Fixed it for ya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I've never been a fan of the monarchy I always get a good belly laugh when people refer to events of over 200 years ago as if it was last week, while offering 'their interpretation of history' because it suits their latest virtue signalling faux outrage crusade...
So you don't commemorate Anzac Day I take it? Everything you said could just as well apply to that.

It's not about if those events happened in the last week or not, its blindly still supporting what was done.

If someone does something bad to your family I'm happy to sit you back down on your ass and say "hey that was in the past and any further outrage is a faux crusade you woke sook".

haven't encountered what p.k has said on the matter of the palace letters. do tell?

Paul Keating on Jenny Hocking's claims:

"The idea that the Queen may have wished or actively conspired in arrangements with Sir John Kerr to affect a party political outcome in Australia amounts to no more than tilting at shadows."

and that the Queen

"...has never contrived on this occasion or others, over the long course of her reign to undermine governments."

Constitutional law expert Anne Twomey supports this

"I have seen no evidence at all in the Palace letters or in the files of the British government that it wanted the dismissal of the Whitlam government or that it was seeking to thwart a half-Senate election."

Last edited:

How would that be a "re-enactment" when it didn't happen in the first place?

What are your history qualifications?
Aside from being reasonably well read on Australia's history, I like the majority on this board have a PHD in the use of Google and Youtube....;)

Perhaps I've read the wrong literature, because I do not recall any documented evidence, reference to or even rumour that the monarchy had instructed Cook to discover and capture new lands and slaughter the indigenous people..!

Last edited:
Aside from being reasonably well read on Australia's history, I like the majority on this board have a PHD in the use of Google and Youtube....;)

Perhaps I've read the wrong literature, because I do not recall any documented evidence, reference to or even rumour that the monarchy had instructed Cook to discover and capture new lands and slaughter the indigenous people..!
Bigfooty has its good eggs but god damn there are a lot of degenerates on here.

At the end of the day each account equals the same ad revenue so the more the merrier I guess 🤷‍♂️.

No such thing exists, in reality land!!

The Crown of Australia is equal to, independent of, and legally distinct, from the Crown of the United Kingdom. Nothing the Crown of the United Kingdom agrees to in that country, has any effect in Australia. And vice-versa.

That is legally enshrined in the 1931 Statute of Westminster and later the Australia Acts 1986 which severed the last legal ties between the British Crown and Australia.

The Statute recognised:
  • the formal equalness and separateness of the British Crown and the Australian Crown.
  • that any alteration to laws regarding the Succession to the Throne or the monarch's Royal Style and Titles needed the assent of the Australian parliament to be valid in that country. This includes the abdication of any monarch.
  • that the Parliament of the United Kingdom no longer had any legislative authority over the parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia
  • laws made by the Parliament of Australia which were repugnant to British laws were no longer invalid.

And the voices I'm suddenly hearing is due mainly to the evolution of social media promoting narcissistic ideology which also encourages people to have 'an opinion on everything' irrespective of their qualifications, knowledge, experience or historical fact..!
lololol
In your case, most definitely agree!👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back