UK The Queen

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is actively moderated, let's behave like adults, shall we?

For conversation on an Australian Republic:

Last edited:

I actually saw someone praise her for having been down to Earth because she moved her own crown during an interview once. The irony is lost on these regular people turned royal sycophants.

For context, this was in comparison to recent footage of Charles gesturing for his staff to move things for him.

I just found out the Queen’s husband was her cousin.

That means King Charlie Lord of Commonwealth Realm Duke of Tampax is inbred.

What is wrong with you people? Idolising someone who bangs their own cousin. You people are sick.
TA, it's historical fact the monarchies across Europe and the UK going back forever are mostly all family interrelated in some form. It actually makes bizarre reading in modern times when you look at their genealogy and how essentially 12 families regularly undertook intermarriages often with their 2nd or 3rd cousins etc....

Last edited:
TA, it's historical fact the monarchies across Europe and the UK going back forever are mostly all family interrelated in some form. It actually makes bizarre reading in modern times when you look at their genealogy and how essentially 12 families regularly undertook intermarriages often with their 2nd or 3rd cousins etc....
I’m outraged!!!

I know the rich and privilegaed did plenty of dirty deeds back in the “good old days” aka medieval times, i saw it on game of thrones once. But a current day monarch sleeping with their cousin!!?! And all these weird baked bean eating poms teling me she is some kind of exemplar of dignity and whatever else… she’s a pervert.

Meghan Markle couldn't have come along soon enough.
I wish MM well, because historically 'commoners' marrying into royal families rarely has a happy ending - although as Tassie girl Mary Donaldson (Crown Princess of Denmark) has proven, it is possible - and I suspect not calling her in-laws racists may have helped...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paul Keating on Jenny Hocking's claims:

"The idea that the Queen may have wished or actively conspired in arrangements with Sir John Kerr to affect a party political outcome in Australia amounts to no more than tilting at shadows."

and that the Queen

"...has never contrived on this occasion or others, over the long course of her reign to undermine governments."

Constitutional law expert Anne Twomey supports this

"I have seen no evidence at all in the Palace letters or in the files of the British government that it wanted the dismissal of the Whitlam government or that it was seeking to thwart a half-Senate election."
those brief quotes with no links ,merely shows he disagrees with the noted historian on a specific matter. it says nought about his thoughts about her as a renowned authority. far and away above that of p.k as a historian btw. but u stick with hack journos like kelly who have a long record of getting things wrong.

those brief quotes with no links ,merely shows he disagrees with the noted historian on a specific matter.

The Palace Letters. Which is what I was referring to.

it says nought about his thoughts about her as a renowned authority. far and away above that of p.k as a historian

There is little doubt that Hocking is an historian with an agenda. She is of course on the national committee of the Australian Republican Movement.

btw. but u stick with hack journos like kelly who have a long record of getting things wrong.

How is Kelly wrong?

As I said, Kelly is also the author of nine books on Australian politics and history. He was at Parliament House in Canberra on the day of the Dismissal and has written extensively on the Dismissal since that time, most recently in 2015.

His co-author on 'The Palace Letters' Troy Bramston has written books on Paul Keating, Robert Menzies, and on the Rudd-Gillard era. He's also interviewed most of the key players in the Dismissal and has made a number of significant archival discoveries about the event.

I just found out the Queen’s husband was her cousin.

This isn't unusual.

Cousin marriage is prevalent in a number of societies around the world and at various times in history. United States before 1880, Ancient Rome, medieval Europe, ancient China, some regions of modern India, the Middle East to this day, particularly in Islamic countries. Certain Middle Eastern countries, including Saudi Arabia have rates of marriage to first or second cousins that may exceed 70%. Iraq was estimated in one study to have a rate of 33% and figures for Afghanistan have been estimated in the range of 30–40%.

An estimated 35–50% of all sub-Saharan African populations either prefer or accept cousin marriages.

Slightly over 10% of all marriages worldwide are estimated to be between second cousins or closer.

Anthropologist Robin Fox of Rutgers University, suggests that it is likely that 80% of all marriages in history may have been between second cousins or closer. Record keeping for royalty and nobility was just better at recordng such marriages. A very probable explanation is that until the past century, families tended to remain in the same area for generations, and men typically went courting no more than a roughly 8-kilometre radius around their homes, which is basically the distance a 1 and a half-hour walk would take you.

If there was no intermarriage between related people, each person living today would have 33,554,432 individual ancestors in roughly AD 1200.

The combined population of Italy, France and England in the thirteenth century has been estimated somewhere between 33 and 40 million. The population of the world in 1200 has been estimated to have been roughly 450 million.

40 generations back and we would each have 1,099,511,627,776 individual ancestors, assuming no inter-marriage. That's about the year AD 750. The world population in AD 800 has been estimated between 220 million and 261 million, so over a trillion individual ancestors is impossible. Inbreeding would have definitely taken place.

So 'inbreeding' doesn't appear to be that rare.

Incidentally in the current royal family...

• Queen Victoria married her first cousin.
  • King Edward VII married his third cousin once removed (effectively fourth cousin)
  • King George V married his second cousin once removed (effectively third cousin - they also had a common ancestor was George III)
  • King George VI married his thirteenth cousin (their common ancestor was King Henry VII (r. 1485 -1507) over 400 years before.
  • Queen Elizabeth II married her second cousin once removed (effectively third cousin)
  • Prince Charles married his seventh cousin (Diana) once removed. (Camilla is his ninth cousin once removed). They had one common answer about 300 years ago
  • Prince William married his eleventh cousin once removed (effectively twelfth cousin). They had one common ancestor about 500 years ago.

Last edited:
This isn't unusual.

Cousin marriage is prevalent in a number of societies around the world and at various times in history. United States before 1880, Ancient Rome, medieval Europe, ancient China, some regions of modern India, the Middle East to this day, particularly in Islamic countries. Certain Middle Eastern countries, including Saudi Arabia have rates of marriage to first or second cousins that may exceed 70%. Iraq was estimated in one study to have a rate of 33% and figures for Afghanistan have been estimated in the range of 30–40%.

An estimated 35–50% of all sub-Saharan African populations either prefer or accept cousin marriages.

Slightly over 10% of all marriages worldwide are estimated to be between second cousins or closer.

Anthropologist Robin Fox of Rutgers University, suggests that it is likely that 80% of all marriages in history may have been between second cousins or closer. Record keeping for royalty and nobility was just better at recordng such marriages. A very probable explanation is that until the past century, families tended to remain in the same area for generations, and men typically went courting no more than a roughly 8-kilometre radius around their homes, which is basically the distance a 1 and a half-hour walk would take you.

If there was no intermarriage between related people, each person living today would have 33,554,432 individual ancestors in roughly AD 1200.

The combined population of Italy, France and England in the thirteenth century has been estimated somewhere between 33 and 40 million. The population of the world in 1200 has been estimated to have been roughly 450 million.

40 generations back and we would each have 1,099,511,627,776 individual ancestors, assuming no inter-marriage. That's about the year AD 750. The world population in AD 800 has been estimated between 220 million and 261 million, so over a trillion individual ancestors is impossible. Inbreeding would have definitely taken place.

So 'inbreeding' doesn't appear to be that rare.

Incidentally in the current royal family...

• Queen Victoria married her first cousin.
  • King Edward VII married his third cousin once removed (effectively fourth cousin)
  • King George V married his second cousin once removed (effectively third cousin - they also had a common ancestor was George III)
  • King George VI married his thirteenth cousin (their common ancestor was King Henry VII (r. 1485 -1507) over 400 years before.
  • Queen Elizabeth II married her second cousin once removed (effectively third cousin)
  • Prince Charles married his seventh cousin (Diana) once removed. (Camilla is his ninth cousin once removed). They had one common answer about 300 years ago
  • Prince William married his eleventh cousin once removed (effectively twelfth cousin). They had one common ancestor about 500 years ago.
I want to see the sources (family trees) for this.

I want to see the sources (family trees) for this.
I dont imagine it would be that unusual, especially if you go back just 1 century. Most people probably wouldn't travel far from their local area so it would be inevitable that closely related people would populate. This would also explain redheads.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back