Bluemour 'Silly Season' Edition XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
KohPhi where are we with the Bontempelli trade?
I can reveal there is a lot of work behind the scenes happening with this. As it currently stands, more unlikely than likely due to salary demands, but still a bit to play out with this.

Be prepared to lose a much loved player if this goes ahead.

My source with this is impeccable..

Watch this space..

Smedts
West
Gore
Jansen
Walker
Kersten
Lang
Horlin-Smith
Thurlow
Fogarty
Krueger
Constable

…. Jury is still out on a few of them and players like Clark, McCarthy and Fort have contributed fairly well.

But the fish John west rejects makes John west the best.

Geelong rarely lose the ones they think are worth keeping.

Beware the fridge player from Premiership sides. Very good systems can make average player look a lot better.
Personally wouldn’t be looking at Narkle.

Smedts
West
Gore
Jansen
Walker
Kersten
Lang
Horlin-Smith
Thurlow
Fogarty
Krueger
Constable

…. Jury is still out on a few of them and players like Clark, McCarthy and Fort have contributed fairly well.

But the fish John west rejects makes John west the best.

Geelong rarely lose the ones they think are worth keeping.

Beware the fridge player from Premiership sides. Very good systems can make average player look a lot better.
Personally wouldn’t be looking at Narkle.

Swgjw Klhtfkc could join the Blues?

Overseas rookie?

Seriously though, good point re the likes of Soldo and Narkle, I think.

Swgjw Klhtfkc could join the Blues?

Overseas rookie?

Seriously though, good point re the likes of Soldo and Narkle, I think.
Yep - we're bringing old mate Swgjw Klhtfkc from Croatia to our Cat B rookie list.... Now lets see how long it takes Tom Browne to report it as gospel

I can reveal there is a lot of work behind the scenes happening with this. As it currently stands, more unlikely than likely due to salary demands, but still a bit to play out with this.

Be prepared to lose a much loved player if this goes ahead.

My source with this is impeccable..

Watch this space..
Crikey, you'd find the money come hell or high water?

(I guess within reason)

Whats happened to Thy? Havent seen him around here for ages.

When we missed the finals he declared to himself, “”These heathens have been breaking my heart for decades” and then he jumped in his DeLorean to re-live our clubs greatest moments. He’s stuck in 1906 right now. No Internet where he is.“

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes from memory that’s what happened with Treloar and is now happening with Bowes - Club asks player to back end their deal at some point after deal is made. Player agrees because they want to help Club out. A year or two later Club can’t get others to agree to back end future years our and now can’t afford to pay said player who agreed to back end. So Club offloads said player to another club. Suddenly the fans think said player is the bad guy here not willing to renegotiate their last few years or add on additional years for free or low wage.

Players that have front-ended contracts and then ask to be traded after the big $$$ dries up are dodgy.

Clubs that back end contracts but ask said players to take pay cuts or try to trade them out are equally guilty.

Good team but their young blokes are overrated. Except Warner, blokes gonna win a brownlow

Who was the genius who picked him at #76 in our 2019 phantom draft????

OK, with pick 70-80ish or whatever this is called now.....St Kilda selects....

Name: Chad Warner
Position: Inside Mid
Height: 181cm
Weight: 80kg
Teams: East Fremantle Colts, Western Australia

Warner is a tough, hard-working inside midfielder. He gets a lot of the ball, tackles hard (and regularly) and has decent hands in close.

He dominated at colts levels, averaging 27 touches, 6 tackles, 6 clearances and almost a goal a game. He was a solid performer at state level; averaging 18 touches, 7 tackles, 3 clearances. Not too shabby for a pick in the 140s...or whatever we are up to. Especially with Deven Robertson taking his primary inside-mid spot.

His kicking is not great. Not terrible, but lacks polish and penetration. But I get the feeling he is the type of kid that would a) work on his weaknesses b) play within his limits.

So why will he make it when so many other unpolished tough-nuts have failed?

Firstly, he aint a slow plodder. His pace is ok, but he has great endurance (=3rd in the national combine yo-yo test) and he was 6th best in the agility test.

Secondly, he has a good defensive game. He will chase. He will tackle. He will throw himself at the ball and the opposition (his spirit animal is Mitch Robinson).

Lastly, he has good hands in close and seems to have good awareness of the game and his teammates. He is capable of a clever tap on, a quick handball out of a hot space, he will get tackles and smothers that only the most desperate will get.

Overall, he will get majority of his possessions on the inside. He will handball first. But he has the fitness and work ethic to run both ways and provide some outside game too.

I passed on Nyuon the athlete for Chad Warner the footballer. I admit I have a penchant for blue-collar footballers, but I think Warner has enough tricks up his sleeve (especially at pick ~270) to make him a worthwhile late-draft selection.

Edit: Forgot to mention that while Chad is ~best available for me, I also chose him based on needs for the Saints - who have lots of outside run but lack inside muscle beyond Jack Steele and Luke Dunstan.

:p :p :p

No offence, but this is cringeworthy.

Also borderline racist and seems to infantilise indigenous players.

Only an Aboriginal can coach them?

My apologies if this caused offence - not much I can do about it now - as it’s been quoted and I’ve been comment shamed as well, even if I delete the comment.

So apologies to all that have been offended.

Yeah, there's no reason for us to take Bowes even if we had the salary space.

We don't need to spend big on another half back when we have Williams, Doc and Saad on good coin. Newman and Boyd are good players and best 22 worthy.

We just need another depth option which can just be drafting a kid on min wage.
Bowes and salary are the sideshow. The point would be to hit the draft with 7+10.

We drafted Harry and Charlie with 10 and 12. That set us up for a decade.

7 and 10 has the potential to give us another 2 X 200-250 game players.

If everything goes to plan we won't have another top 10 pick for 5-8 years. And our cap will also be tight for the foreseeable future.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back