Brad Scott - New Essendon Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

I heard he's bringing in Shaun Atley as captain

Every Essendon player will own a home, I guarantee you that.

Don’t do it slobbo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Similarly to Hinkley I think he's a decent coach without being great, and overstayed his welcome by a few years.
Essendon are still a bigger mess than North were so expect the rumblings to start the minute they hit a rough patch.

Bombers hit a rough patch some time ago just in case you didn't notice. Only way is up...

Lol feel for Essendon fans. I’m pretty sure most, if not all, north fans were happy to see him leave.
He never has a plan B on game day, always picks his favourites, never drops players that deserved it, hardly promotes youngsters. But good luck to them. Maybe he can be the messiah to lead them to that elusive finals win

Lol feel for Essendon fans. I’m pretty sure most, if not all, north fans were happy to see him leave.
He never has a plan B on game day, always picks his favourites, never drops players that deserved it, hardly promotes youngsters. But good luck to them. Maybe he can be the messiah to lead them to that elusive finals win
If he can win us a final thats a massive tick will be the first step in getting us to the promised land imo

At one point early on in his career his record was horrifically bad, something like 3 wins 20 losses in games decided by 2 goals or less. Pretty sure it improved significantly later in his time at North.

That would be 2013. Had a percentage of 122 or something crazy like that despite only winning 10 games.

It improved a little in 2014-15 but then 2017 was a constant string of close losses again. His record overall in these sorts of games is very poor.

you sure your issues were your coach? It isnt like you rocketed up the ladder when he left

Since getting rid of him n.Melb have gone from strength to strength yes ?

Why are you pretending like things got so much better once he left your joint, you’ve had two coaches go (soon to be 3) and appealed for a draft assistance package, which Scott himself decided your outcome funnily enough. Scott also had his hands tied with resources, with your recruiting team underperforming. At least you guys where competitive, when Scott got sacked, I’m sure he left you guys on a higher ladder position than what you guys have been the last three years.
No one is pretending. We've been the worst team over the last 3 years and we know it. What has happened at North after Scott left though, is not relevant to what happened while he was there as coach. Towards the end of his tenure, it is common knowledge that standards slipped, our results reflected that, so he had to go.

If he was any good, he would have been secured as a coach elsewhere over the last 3 years, and there have been ample opportunities. That didn't happen, because he just ain't that good.

If Essendon wanted an experienced coach, they should have gone after blokes like Williams or Leppa or Hinkley. Scott is an inferior choice. But I'm not complaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back