Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:

Seems odd to call him post draft.
Not really, it seems like the courteous thing to do if you've put a lot of time into a guy you ultimately don't pick.

His response is pretty funny though. Seems like the sort of character to push himself simply as a '* you' to all the clubs who didn't pick him earlier.

Seems odd to call him post draft.
Not really, maintaining the relationship is a small but vital step in future recruiting efforts.

Ending this chapter on amicable turns is much better than having him feel scorned and remembering that 4 years down the track when we're trying to sound him out for a trade.

The Pou is going to carry the saints to a finals win against us in 6 years time isnt he, and when he kicks the sealer, give us an up yours

Where does it state this 36 rule, is it actually written anywhere?

I also thought i might have read theres an hour period post ND that you can upgrade more players

Reckon other clubs have had really good drafts but they just made good picks. Given the amount of machinations, reliance on other clubs and divergent outcomes possible for us we truly have struck gold tonight.

There is a world out there where we walk away with Tsatas, Davey, Davey and maybe someone like Ethan Phillips given we wanted some tall defensive cover. Fine, but not eye popping.

Now it’s Tsatas, Hayes, Davey, Davey, Munkara but not absorbing a list spot with a night to think over what we do with the last spot.

Would have got incredibly long odds on that 48 hours ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pou is going to carry the saints to a finals win against us in 6 years time isnt he, and when he kicks the sealer, give us an up yours

Where does it state this 36 rule, is it actually written anywhere?

I also thought i might have read theres an hour period post ND that you can upgrade more players
I dont even think phillipou was the pick

Mackenzie is the better list need. Ginbey just behind him.
And humphrey looks like the guy everyone wants us to take.

Think tsatas has the bonus of being safe in his quality and having an edge on overall game impact.

If we did that and Munkara got bid on we would've missed out
Nope. Can have up to 38. You were so focused on the fact that there was a 36 player minimum that you forgot we could have 37 or 38.

Nope. Can have up to 38. You were so focused on the fact that there was a 36 player minimum that you forgot we could have 37 or 38.
Can only have 36 when you have 6 Cat A rooks

But maybe the AFL dont care about that with this regard

I actually think Martins been upgraded post draft

Can only have 36 when you have 6 Cat A rooks

But maybe the AFL dont care about that with thia regard

I actually think Martins been upgraded post draft
If we promoted someone else we'd only have 5 Cat A rookies.

We had 8 between Durham, Voss, D'Ambrosio, Menzie, Waterman, Martin, Wanganeen and Baldwin. We cut Waterman and promoted Durham. If we promoted someone else then we'd only have 5.

If we promoted someone else we'd only have 5 Cat A rookies.

We had 8 between Durham, Voss, D'Ambrosio, Menzie, Waterman, Martin, Wanganeen and Baldwin. We cut Waterman and promoted Durham. If we promoted someone else then we'd only have 5.
Yeh true and weve already confirmed no rookie picks?

That's an overly aggressive reply, all things considered.

Yes, if we had upgraded Nic Martin (or Baldwin etc) then we'd have senior spot 37/rookie spot 6 available, instead of senior spot 36 which can't be used on a rookie. This was an option that I have put forward several times, but there was never anything from the club to suggest that they had done that (I was looking out for it).

If anything, all indications were that they hadn't upgraded anyone else, when they announced all the other rookie news with Durham's upgrade and Menzie's re-signing, and again when they announced the list being finalised with Walla re-signing and Eyre delisted. All quite transparent dominoes falling, and announced as if that was everything there was to tell at the time, despite a need for good news over the last few months.

A better argument would be that I forgot the rookie upgrade period that started at 10pm and finished 20 minutes ago, which runs concurrently with the 3rd Delisted Free Agency signing period.

That's an overly aggressive reply, all things considered.

Yes, if we had upgraded Nic Martin (or Baldwin etc) then we'd have senior spot 37/rookie spot 6 available, instead of senior spot 36 which can't be used on a rookie. This was an option that I have put forward several times, but there was never anything from the club to suggest that they had done that (I was looking out for it).

If anything, all indications were that they hadn't upgraded anyone else, when they announced all the other rookie news with Durham's upgrade and Menzie's re-signing, and again when they announced the list being finalised with Walla re-signing and Eyre delisted. All quite transparent dominoes falling, and announced as if that was everything there was to tell at the time, despite a need for good news over the last few months.

A better argument would be that I forgot the rookie upgrade period that started at 10pm and finished 20 minutes ago, which runs concurrently with the 3rd Delisted Free Agency signing period.
It wasn't aggressive at all.

I said we might have promoted someone else (let's say Martin as he's the most likely to have been promoted) to take us to 32/5/0 before the draft.

If we took Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2 we get to 36. Allows us the space to add Munkara if he's bid on still.

Pretty sure they weren't promoting anyone so they could either match for Munkara or Cat B him if no bid and instead waited until after the draft and upgraded Martin. No picks tomorrow but 1 or 2 picks between the PSD or the MSD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back