Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Re Caddy, is anyone concerned he is too short? And maybe he still growing. If you are an undersized KPP you need some tricks. Nate seems good in the air which is a big plus but he is going to need to be a Curnow type if stays at 193cm otherwise ends up in Stringer territory (192cm).

If you’re good enough, you’re big enough…

You guys should look at a ruler to see what the difference is between 192cm Stringer, 193cm Caddy, 194cm Curnow and 196cm Cameron. This is like how we look at 182cm midfielders and see underdeveloped manlets but look at 185cm midfielders and see the glorious big body.

Round 1 draftees = 3 years

Round 2 - 3 draftees = 2 years

Round 4 - 6 round draftees = 1 year deals.

That round 4 may end up being a pick normally reserved for a 2 year deal. Is what it is
Nah, 2-4 should be 2 years and 5+ one year

I am a bit underwhelmed about night two.
we drafted two half back flankers.
Lual showed some flashes at half back especially early in the year but fizzled out a bit in my opinion.
was tried as an o baller which was a failure.
roberts is a prolific half back that has not convinced me he can beat an opponent.
I was probably hoping for an inside big bodied mid.
We needed back flankers

9 of the top 13 goal kickers are 195cm or less. The premiership team had 1 key forward at 192cm. Josh Kennedy is the best pure key forward of the last ten years and he was 194cm. He is not undersized if he has the tools.
Forward craft/ ability to create seperation / work rate is way more important than an extra couple cm of height

You guys should look at a ruler to see what the difference is between 192cm Stringer, 193cm Caddy, 194cm Curnow and 196cm Cameron. This is like how we look at 182cm midfielders and see underdeveloped manlets but look at 185cm midfielders and see the glorious big body.

I think it's a little different with mids due to how they compete. The nature of forwards is get separation, the nature of mids is to clash physically. Small guys can do it, but they have to be built for it.

I have a bit and I’ve seen highlights but am yet to read a review of anyone ever drafted that says they aren’t up to it. And I’m not saying Nate won’t work but i do look at height and body types. That’s why Josh Fraser was never a ruck, watts never a KPF (had the height but not the width or tricks), and why I am concerned re Nik Cox. Among others. Why didn’t Cats draft Caddy? They need that type of player more than us. And pick 31 (36) isn’t the answer.

6'8 wingspan means he can play taller, plus you'd think he would add a few cm to get to 195-196cm.

I have read that he is a difficult match up because he's too mobile and quick for a bog key defender, but too good aerially for a medium defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More talented than Johnny Rayner, Luke Lavender or Ross McQuillan yet here we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All 3 of those guys were coming from other sports and had potentially higher ceilings, hence why they were added to the list. Our nga kids this year have very low ceilings, there is no point added ngas to the cat b with low ceilings.

And they certainly aren’t more talented that mcquillian, we never got to see how good he good be.

More talented than Johnny Rayner, Luke Lavender or Ross McQuillan yet here we are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What have previous mistakes got to do with anything ? plus there was no proper NGA when those guys where on the list.
They had to be better than what we have now. No one else looked at them either. Maybe the eye of the beholder needs adjustment.:cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back