AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions at the MCG @ 2.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

We would have won it too, if we didn't lose so many games and play so bad.
I think we can link our demise to Shiel going down.

With him in the side we had a percentage of 103.8%, when we didn't it was down to 74.3. Such a shame losing a star player for half the season. Really makes a big difference, don't you think?

this is all true, but I may have not been clear:

If Brisbane jagged a goal on the siren to win, for example, and ALL the votes were to change as a result of that, and someone who didnt even get votes would be suddenly BOG, then that is crazy talk.
How’s it crazy it talk, when the result goes your way suddenly performances are seen in a different light
Bobby hill didn’t have a good enough performance to win the medal in a losing side. Coleman was the only one who got votes, but had little impact in the 2nd half. Likely if Brisbane win people giving their votes to crisp, pendles, Daicos etc change their votes to lions players instead.

How’s it crazy it talk, when the result goes your way suddenly performances are seen in a different light
Bobby hill didn’t have a good enough performance to win the medal in a losing side. Coleman was the only one who got votes, but had little impact in the 2nd half. Likely if Brisbane win people giving their votes to crisp, pendles, Daicos etc change their votes to lions players instead.
How Tom Mitchell got a vote was genuinely perplexing.

Yeah I remember, you did say that actually. eth-dog too

I’m not saying his worst isn’t gross, but gosh how good would it be if his best happened more often
the way i kind of see it is that realistically he could be an elite defender (this may be blasphemous but i think in the same vein as isaac quaynor, who i've thought has been an excellent player for a number of seasons for the pies) but he realistically needs to work on his kicking because it's so ineffective and costly. i'd wager that since we've been through 3 coaches in like 4-5 years, he doesn't have the faith in his own ability that you'd expect him to have at 7(?) years into his career.

it may be hypocritical to think it but i'd be okay with him butchering a kick or two so long as it's clear he's trying his best to effectively make the best decision possible

the way i kind of see it is that realistically he could be an elite defender (this may be blasphemous but i think in the same vein as isaac quaynor, who i've thought has been an excellent player for a number of seasons for the pies) but he realistically needs to work on his kicking because it's so ineffective and costly. i'd wager that since we've been through 3 coaches in like 4-5 years, he doesn't have the faith in his own ability that you'd expect him to have at 7(?) years into his career.

it may be hypocritical to think it but i'd be okay with him butchering a kick or two so long as it's clear he's trying his best to effectively make the best decision possible

He probably would benefit from the Craig Macrae philosophy in line with your suggestions.

Out of curiosity, how does your username relate to him? Were you an early enthusiast or something?

He probably would benefit from the Craig Macrae philosophy in line with your suggestions.

Out of curiosity, how does your username relate to him? Were you an early enthusiast or something?
kind of, mostly just a nonsense thing since i’m terrible at making usernames.

perhaps it could be about me realising his hidden potential, or something g

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Craig McRae. I *ing adore him.

i can't stand watching him play, half his disposals end up being throws, dunno how he constantly gets away with it

A lot of midfielders seem to do the 'throw the ball and pretend you've handballed it' thing without being penalised. We don't appear to have mastered it as well as some; basically the entire Bulldogs midfield, Mitchell and Oliver all come to mind.

A lot of midfielders seem to do the 'throw the ball and pretend you've handballed it' thing without being penalised. We don't appear to have mastered it as well as some; basically the entire Bulldogs midfield, Mitchell and Oliver all come to mind.
i think i saw hobbs get away with a few this year but i can't stomach watching bulldogs play because they all do that s**t, it's a blight on the game.

i'll admit that i used to think that nick daicos threw it a fair bit too, but he's got some very, very fast hands

i think i saw hobbs get away with a few this year but i can't stomach watching bulldogs play because they all do that s**t, it's a blight on the game.

i'll admit that i used to think that nick daicos threw it a fair bit too, but he's got some very, very fast hands
[sarcasm] Libba just has fast hands, it's true because Luke Darcy told me so when I was watching a Bulldogs game. No s**t, it looked exactly like he didn't handball the footy at all it was so fast. Amazing stuff [/sarcasm]

You know they've thrown it when you hear it called a 'little give'.

You just made the list pal.
holding it in fired up GIF by WWE

I'll never forgive channel 7 for missing Paul smashing his guitar
Sorry to reveal the magicians (Paul) tricks…but it was a prop guitar (the old Pete Townsend trick so that you don’t bust your favourite guitar). Was at the game and guitar tech came out (off camera) with the lookalike version probably with a cut in the neck so that it breaks easier (you can see the tech trying to hide under the stairs and the guitar he breaks has no strap)
Question What GIF by Wrecked

Season 2 Illusion GIF by SHOWTIME

This was such an epic grand final. Regardless of any controversy, I hope every single EFC player was watching and using it as fuel for season(s!) ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back