Preview Round 24 - Essendon Bombers vs Collingwood Magpies - Friday, August 25th - 7:50 pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the list there is 44 spots.

Not everyone will be AFL grade either because they are young/rookie projects or because if they were AFL quality and not getting a game they’d ask to be traded for more opportunities.

Without having a close look I’d suspect suspect most good lists will have 5 fringe AFL/VFL grade mature players and there’s nothing wrong with that if they are doing useful things that make life easier for the younger players as they develop.

To me it’s neither here nor there. If an upgrade is available then you upgrade that spot, if it’s not then he’s perfectly serviceable until you can find that upgrade.

I swear sometimes it feels like fans want a team with 18 All Australian players and 40 starting level players. No team has that. The salary cap stops that.
Well... let's not try and pretend I said that. That would be like me saying that you've jumped in to comment without watching him play VFL for the last month. He didn't kick a goal in his last 7 AFL games. His VFL games, he has been moved to defence and has missed some pretty basic targets. There are already VFL bodies in defence - he isn't serving a role there. He has already been surpassed by players on our rookie list.

Yes, he will stay on the list. I disagree with your opinion, as a backup player needs to be able to come in a serve a role. He is back to basics learning how to be a defender. We rolled the dice and got it wrong, which is fine.

Voss’s pressure is really good, it should get talked about more. Ground ball ability probably a good call, Guelfi gets the nod - but also not entirely game changing
Is it ? I would say it has been patchy at best this year. Had a few good games pressure wise but it was not consistent.

10 news calling de goey/hill to play, but nathan murphy out.

370469497_670592705105762_2178678670094249892_n.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays Baseball GIF by MLB

Phillips has earned a send-off game.
Davey , you all be the judge.
Bryan plays or could walk.
Would like to see Tippa play.
I see Bambi has signed on for another frolic in the park.

Because sometimes a player can surprise you with an opportunity, I hate delisting someone who has never had a chance at afl level (providing they’ve played well at vfl level). Say voss comes out and kicks 4, he’s getting another year.

Hawthorn were about to delist Dylan moore in 2020, gave him a shot in the last game of the season and he absolutely dominated. The rest is history, has turned into a gun.
Freo did the same with Roger Hayden many years ago. He played really good against the Eagles in a night match and went on for a decent career. Connolly admitted later that he was going to be delisted and that was his last chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it ? I would say it has been patchy at best this year. Had a few good games pressure wise but it was not consistent.

I'd argue it's one of his strengths, especially for his size.

It's 100% better than Langford or Stringer, who he's apparently now competing with a spot for (though it would admittedly be probably the only area he'd be stronger than either of them at).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back