Preview Round 24 - Essendon Bombers vs Collingwood Magpies - Friday, August 25th - 7:50 pm - MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hot take, but this is the pies most important game of the season. fitting isn’t it?

been in s**t form coming into the finals and if it continues in this game it spells trouble for them. brisbane are sitting behind them on points alone vs st kilda, by no means an easy game but by saturday night they may lose their home final & their premiership chances plummet (imo)

i hope one of the brains trust lets the players know this.

even a close win puts the dagger through the heart

I'd argue it's one of his strengths, especially for his size.

It's 100% better than Langford or Stringer, who he's apparently now competing with a spot for (though it would admittedly be probably the only area he'd be stronger than either of them at).
Well we are not watching the same thing. There where even comments in some of the clubs VFL reports about him working on improving it. Stringer when he has been fit is actually decent with his forward half pressure.

hot take, but this is the pies most important game of the season. fitting isn’t it?

been in s**t form coming into the finals and if it continues in this game it spells trouble for them. brisbane are sitting behind them on points alone vs st kilda, by no means an easy game but by saturday night they may lose their home final & their premiership chances plummet (imo)

Lowest they can drop is second unless Port win by 300, so they will have home finals no matter what.

Over his career, yeah IMO.
maybe...

I love him, but I think its a dodgy move by brad scott to gift him a farewell game to divert attention away from the shitty back end of the season. Everyone is now focused on Walla's farewell...

maybe...

I love him, but I think its a dodgy move by brad scott to gift him a farewell game to divert attention away from the shitty back end of the season. Everyone is now focused on Walla's farewell...
Don't forget that this is all your fault.

They haven’t been that bad. They lost to the 2nd team (away) by 4 goals.

We lost by 21 to a team outside the 8.

Don’t think they’d be too worried

Gee I wish we were in their position. Oh well it’s nice to dream.

They haven’t been that bad. They lost to the 2nd team (away) by 4 goals.

We lost by 21 to a team outside the 8.

Don’t think they’d be too worried
Not sure they would be worried but there are some alarming stats they have produced in the last 5 weeks as far as their defending and contested footy goes. The have ranked 15th or worse in contested footy. Giving up scores inside 50. General defense . etc We will probably play them back into form :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only player on the list that’s made it on to the field and hasn’t kicked a goal.

Edit: forgot Zach Reid.
Don't think he has a vfl goal either

Boy we really dropped the ball last round, Stringer, Caldwell and Draper all coming in under done, to a team that was clearly running out of legs. Really tone def selections.
Scott said as much in the presser. Reading between the lines I suspect the players were cleared medically and put their hands up to play, ticking the boxes.

In the past they would probably play this week.

The fact they were all dropped injured (without visibly being injured in the game) gives me hope that Scott called them out and hopefully had a go at match committee.

One thing he has been consistent with is saying he is only interested in playing players when they are 100% ready to go.

For too long we have played underdone players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back