AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions at the MCG @ 2.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

If you listened to the commentators, Frampton played a great game and kept Andrews quiet. FMD, in what universe!

Almost turned the sound down for all the barracking from the commentary team.

Anyone watch the Kayo feed? was thinking of switching.
Leon Davis has had better grand finals than C7's effort this year. Commentators were worst on and had a bad game by even their standards. The direction was poor also, at one stage there was a goal kicked up the punt rd end and the ball wasn't even in shot as it went through.

Fortunate enough to luck into a ticket at the last minute.

The way Collingwood apply pressure with their legs is really unbelievable, they’re physical enough when the ball is in dispute but the way they close down space on the switch or overlap is key, their runners just eat up the space.

Strange game in a lot of ways, a lot of players you would expect to be really key were well down, Neale, Moore, Dunkley, Rayner, Josh Daicos, even De Goey and Nick Daicos flitted in and out of the game in terms of big impact.

Brisbane will enter 2024 as the most talented team in it again but as long as the grand final is in Melbourne you can’t possibly back them in.

Coaching move of the day was comfortably Paul Stanley out and Gene Simmons in to lead vocals after ‘I was made for loving you’, saved all our blushes and brought it back from the dead.

Agree that it was a game where no one took control all day . The Pies running power is not something they found by accident . It started around mid Malthouse and they have had a preference for drafting plenty of players with the endurance running box ticked and it was solid during the Buckley era despite Bucks being a take the safe option coach after getting burnt early buy trying to turn Micks round the outside team into a nail kicks through the corridor side.

I’m very comfortable with my position on this finals series. Collingwood were helped over the line to a strong degree both in the Prelim and Grand Final. There are a lot of people outside of the bigfooty bubble who feel similarly.

I don’t mind being on the outer, here, about this. If you think the pies weren’t favoured last weekend or today then that’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I won’t tell you that you aren’t entitled to your understanding of the game.

I will remember who has had input into this discussion for future reference.
They are still the side that have won the most games in the last two seasons :)

I mean umps gifted Brisbane a goal with a BS 50m penalty on the wing for not standing the mark 1/2 a second too long

There were some howlers all over. I dislike both the pies and brisbane equally. As bad as that “play on” was it wasn’t as bad as that other 50
The day started with a BS deliberate over the boundary line against Brisbane. Yes there were bad decisions for both sides but the Pies got the rub of it. Not sure how many times Pies players dropped the shoulder or ducked to create a high tackle.

That 50m was bad but didn’t make up for the rest of the day.

They're premiers but the fact is that they were handed considerable advantages. They got the rub of the green all finals series, Maynard should have been suspended, GWS had a six-day break and they played the Grand Final on their home ground against a non-Victorian team. Well done to them but I don't think the stars will align like that for them again.

Have a listen to King Charles here …sorry your highness but that’s a load of bollocks
I don't think you can tell someone how they'd feel.

You can disagree with them, but to say they don't feel the way they say they do is a bit off.

I don't think you can tell someone how they'd feel.

You can disagree with them, but to say they don't feel the way they say they do is a bit off.
I was having a go at his..”I don’t operate like your average pleb sorry” …which is condescending to say the least and implies he’s above everyone else somehow. That’s worth calling out imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rigged-conspiracy.gif

I’m very comfortable with my position on this finals series. Collingwood were helped over the line to a strong degree both in the Prelim and Grand Final. There are a lot of people outside of the bigfooty bubble who feel similarly.

I don’t mind being on the outer, here, about this. If you think the pies weren’t favoured last weekend or today then that’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I won’t tell you that you aren’t entitled to your understanding of the game.

I will remember who has had input into this discussion for future reference.

The umpiring was poor both ways, pies got some soft calls and some howlers against them.

If you want to discredit teams winning flags that's a fine stance to take but it comes across as sour grapes rather than some righteous stance.

Pies were the form team of the comp most of the year.
They also have a pretty likeable group, if I'm being honest. Was a good season by them.

Leon Davis has had better grand finals than C7's effort this year. Commentators were worst on and had a bad game by even their standards. The direction was poor also, at one stage there was a goal kicked up the punt rd end and the ball wasn't even in shot as it went through.
I'll never forgive channel 7 for missing Paul smashing his guitar

The umpiring was poor both ways, pies got some soft calls and some howlers against them.

If you want to discredit teams winning flags that's a fine stance to take but it comes across as sour grapes rather than some righteous stance.

Pies were the form team of the comp most of the year.
They also have a pretty likeable group, if I'm being honest. Was a good season by them.

Most premierships require a bit of luck in some form; F/S for Geelong and Collingwood was huge. Richmond tried to trade Dusty to GWS and couldn’t get it done - they don’t win it without him. Melbourne having Petracca fall in their lap when St Kilda took McCartin. Bulldogs don’t win in 2016 without the pre-finals bye being introduced.

With the amount of scoring shots Collingwood had they should have had the game well beyond the reach of ‘maybe the umpiring got them there’ anyway.

Exception being Jordan De Sexual Predator?

More referencing their captain and coach and the way they carry themselves. Howe coming back from the injury to get his flag, pendles, sidebottom etc

Of course I'm not including Degoey in that comment

Ginnavin being a campaigner ?
I don't watch any neutral games outside of the Grand Final, and I probably only saw 60% yesterday, but he really stood out in the game.

He was rubbish, when nearly every other player either produced a high quality game, or played with intensity.

Having said that, I genuinely didn't notice Connor McKenna, but see he was apparently out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back