AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions at the MCG @ 2.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Couple of Joe the gooses, and over a third of his disposals were clangers
Clangers are overstated. 1 free against and a few hack kicks from stoppage that could have gone to his men if they were playing in front.

Its joes contesting all over the park that was the feature of his game and kept his team in it.

daniher missing early, kicked a Joe the goose, had a run in the ruck, didn’t do much there. Threatened in the last, his grab in that quarter was fantastic.
People say Joe the goose like dragging your man deep to give team mates space to work in isnt good craft, effective and good team work. If you just sit in the goal square sure but the guys work rate was near unmatched today.

Coleman was good.
he was excellent in the first half but disappeared in the second imo, really struggled to use the ball well.

i think if hill didn't win it (unlikely) it would've been joe's. really did well all day around the ground, including in the ruck.

i think picking gardiner instead of another more mobile player worked against them. they went too tall and didn't have the consistent pace to keep up with some of the speedier pies players (again, like hill)

Collingwood won this flag through incredible culture, leadership and the expectation of success no matter what, set in stone over decades. All these things used to be in our DNA. Its embarrassing that Collingwood have rebuilt and played in 3 grand finals with 2 premierships for us to not win a single final since 2004 🤦🏻‍♂️ We are actually further away from winning a final than we were 12 months ago!
The first part is 100% on the money. Despite them taking a step back in Buckley's last year they still had the defensive DNA and the culture and leadership. McCrae has come in and is not looking for the perfect game which was Buckley's downfall in the end. He allows the attack because he knows they have the defensive attitude within the team that has been there for years.
I would not say we are further away from winning a final than this time last year but we are a long way off top 4 or 5 level.

Clangers are overstated. 1 free against and a few hack kicks from stoppage that could have gone to his men if they were playing in front.

Its joes contesting all over the park that was the feature of his game and kept his team in it.
He could have kicked it to his team mates but didn't. Gets the ball on a wing, swings around and bangs it 60m into the corridor and the opposition make a play on the fat side. Dumb footy player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesus, at the risk of sounding like boncer34 - the umpiring for the most part was great, especially in the second half.

Daniher is a squibb and is still a massive waste of talent

The first part is 100% on the money. Despite them taking a step back in Buckley's last year they still had the defensive DNA and the culture and leadership. McCrae has come in and is not looking for the perfect game which was Buckley's downfall in the end. He allows the attack because he knows they have the defensive attitude within the team that has been there for years.
I would not say we are further away from winning a final than this time last year but we are a long way off top 4 or 5 level.
i seriously dont think theres a player on our list right now that will be playing in our next top 4 team....after watching this finals series we are further away than we were last year...no doubt

i seriously dont think theres a player on our list right now that will be playing in our next top 4 team....after watching this finals series we are further away than we were last year...no doubt
We are not worse than last year. We are an average side and not close to top 4 unless something drastic happens with a lot of our blokes which is a long shot . Yes we have a lot of spots to fill but the side is not actually further away than last year. It is pretty much in the same spot.

Two voters gave Daicos 2nd best on... Im generally a fan of his work but was shocking today.
I would have given him a vote. I had Bobby and Joe ahead of him.

I reckon Joes game has been criminally underrated in the media

I would have given him a vote. I had Bobby and Joe ahead of him.

I reckon Joes game has been criminally underrated in the media
Joe’s game was average at best - it has only been weirdly overrated by you and eth-dog

Fitting for the season to end with the most ****ed call in grand final history that works out in Collingwood's favour.

I mean umps gifted Brisbane a goal with a BS 50m penalty on the wing for not standing the mark 1/2 a second too long

There were some howlers all over. I dislike both the pies and brisbane equally. As bad as that “play on” was it wasn’t as bad as that other 50

Remove this Banner Ad

Back