AFL Grand Final 2023 AFL Grand Final - Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions at the MCG @ 2.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

This is kind of how I felt too but I wasn't brave enough to say so.
its okay, I understand - there’s a lot of bullys on this board

We are actually further away from winning a final than we were 12 months ago!
Time don't work like this. Really enjoyed the season. Can see Essendon winning contested marks next season. Well hopefully. Sticking tackles too. The enjoyment was an overall thing. Absorbing the season as it was. Not the Essendon fade out after Adelaide.

Joe’s game was average at best - it has only been weirdly overrated by you and eth-dog
....and me. Both me and my friend today during the game thought he was good.

N. Daicos is often good, but dropped his knees on basically every possession the first half and was improved the second half. No way he was better than Joe.

Thankfully the guy who got it deserved it though. I thought Crisp was up there and possibly a little unlucky. Coleman wasn't as deadly as usual, but still decent.

Haven't looked at the stats but I thought Harris Andrews, Joe and Coleman were the three best for Bris.

Andrews doesn't seem to be getting a mention but I thought he was really solid all game.

Haven't looked at the stats but I thought Harris Andrews, Joe and Coleman were the three best for Bris.

Andrews doesn't seem to be getting a mention but I thought he was really solid all game.

Zac Bailey was good too.

Pies best were Hill, DeGoey, Crisp and Sidebottom. Daicos was pretty empty calories for me

Joe’s game was average at best - it has only been weirdly overrated by you and eth-dog

This is kind of how I felt too but I wasn't brave enough to say so.
How on earth? You should both take a good look at yourselves…both of you …all of you!!

He was easily one of their best and beat Moore

How on earth? You should both take a good look at yourselves…both of you …all of you!!

He was easily one of their best and beat Moore

It was a pretty standard good Joe game but the fact he was the only key forward on the ground who was a factor and that it was on Moore, who consequently had nothing like his usual impact in terms of intercepting and rebounding needs to be taken into account.

No issue with Hill getting the Norm Smith though.

Fortunate enough to luck into a ticket at the last minute.

The way Collingwood apply pressure with their legs is really unbelievable, they’re physical enough when the ball is in dispute but the way they close down space on the switch or overlap is key, their runners just eat up the space.

Strange game in a lot of ways, a lot of players you would expect to be really key were well down, Neale, Moore, Dunkley, Rayner, Josh Daicos, even De Goey and Nick Daicos flitted in and out of the game in terms of big impact.

Brisbane will enter 2024 as the most talented team in it again but as long as the grand final is in Melbourne you can’t possibly back them in.

Coaching move of the day was comfortably Paul Stanley out and Gene Simmons in to lead vocals after ‘I was made for loving you’, saved all our blushes and brought it back from the dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last thing I’ll say is that I do not want to win a premiership like that.

If we win one again in my lifetime, I want there to be absolutely no doubt that we were the best team through the finals series to the very end. In 2023, there was doubt, and I don’t want that for us.

Last edited:
at the end of the day i'm disappointed that it was a pies premiership, but man it was a good game to watch. really high quality football, both teams had their spuds (Frampton/Hipwood come to mind) but the good stuff, when executed properly was spectacular.

here's to next season, hopefully we took something away from that game.

The last thing I’ll say is that I do not want to win a premiership like that.

If we win one again in my lifetime, I want there to be absolutely no doubt that we were the best team through the finals series to the very end. In 2023, there was doubt, and I don’t want that for us.

Lol.

Bullshit.

Like all of us, you would take that win and crow about it.

Lol.

Bullshit.

Like all of us, you would take that win and crow about it.

Nah, I wouldn’t. I don’t consider this year to be a premiership for Collingwood. Same with Western B in 2016, or Sydney when Barry Hall got off his tribunal charge.

If we win one under dubious standards, feel free to check in with me and ask.

I don’t operate like the average pleb sorry

I’m not here to argue who the AFL administration awarded the cup to today. Doesn’t change my mind that I don’t consider Collingwood premiers based on the events of the game vs. GWS and today.

You are free to disagree, as my opinion is worth peanuts. My main point is that I don’t want to win a premiership with assistance of the umpires. If we did, there’d no doubt be an itch in the back of my mind about it.

Nah, I wouldn’t. I don’t consider this year to be a premiership for Collingwood. Same with Western B in 2016, or Sydney when Barry Hall got off his tribunal charge.

If we win one under dubious standards, feel free to check in with me and ask.

I don’t operate like the average pleb sorry
Have a listen to King Charles here …sorry your highness but that’s a load of bollocks

If you listened to the commentators, Frampton played a great game and kept Andrews quiet. FMD, in what universe!

Almost turned the sound down for all the barracking from the commentary team.

Anyone watch the Kayo feed? was thinking of switching.

I’m very comfortable with my position on this finals series. Collingwood were helped over the line to a strong degree both in the Prelim and Grand Final. There are a lot of people outside of the bigfooty bubble who feel similarly.

I don’t mind being on the outer, here, about this. If you think the pies weren’t favoured last weekend or today then that’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I won’t tell you that you aren’t entitled to your understanding of the game.

I will remember who has had input into this discussion for future reference.

I’m very comfortable with my position on this finals series. Collingwood were helped over the line to a strong degree both in the Prelim and Grand Final. There are a lot of people outside of the bigfooty bubble who feel similarly.

I don’t mind being on the outer, here, about this. If you think the pies weren’t favoured last weekend or today then that’s your view and you’re entitled to it. I won’t tell you that you aren’t entitled to your understanding of the game.

I will remember who has had input into this discussion for future reference.
The Wire Wtf GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back