Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on feral AFL fans. Bigfooty is kinda sane and it's moderated but those Banter sites are horrible places. Most of it not even funny or "Banter". I actually hate facebook groups in general lol
I went into that AFL banter page for a bit off the recommendation from a friend. Its like chimpanzees throwing faeces at each other.

Just on feral AFL fans. Bigfooty is kinda sane and it's moderated but those Banter sites are horrible places. Most of it not even funny or "Banter". I actually hate facebook groups in general lol
It’s filled with everyone that’s “too edgy” for bigfooty.

Oh. And pardon the intrusion, war and peace and all that.

It makes you wonder how many past players out there are having serious issues. We've lost two to early retirement and I know Brisbane has lost at least someone else before Adams (can't remember his name).

I think about guys like Joel Selwood and can't imagine how they will dodge issues down the track.

We are also starting to see or understand the impacts in past players committing suicide due to CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy).
Paul Green was a rugby league player who played for QLD and Australia and suffered plenty of concussions. Really great bloke who seemed to have not a worry in the world to all those around him and he committed suicide completely out of the blue. An autopsy found advanced CTE and was more than likely the reason for his suicide.
I also wonder if Spud Frawley might have had the same issues that lead to his death and perhaps many more past players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are also starting to see or understand the impacts in past players committing suicide due to CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy).
Paul Green was a rugby league player who played for QLD and Australia and suffered plenty of concussions. Really great bloke who seemed to have not a worry in the world to all those around him and he committed suicide completely out of the blue. An autopsy found advanced CTE and was more than likely the reason for his suicide.
I also wonder if Spud Frawley might have had the same issues that lead to his death and perhaps many more past players.
Thought that was common knowledge. Stage 2 CTE. RIP Spud.

So how do the concussions make people suicidal? Or is it they don't know what they're doing or can't handle the headaches or feeling s**t 24/7

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

CTE affects the part of the brain responsible for impulse control and emotional regulation. So you end up depressed and impulsive. Recipe for suicide.

I wonder how many people in general have CTE - I assume they don’t autopsy peoples brains very often unless they were former athletes? No idea though, clearly not an autop

I wonder how many people in general have CTE - I assume they don’t autopsy peoples brains very often unless they were former athletes? No idea though, clearly not an autop
High percentage of athletes that compete in contact sports I would imagine. General public probably not much.

I reckon my dog would have it. Its copped a few accidental knees to the head in bed.

CTE affects the part of the brain responsible for impulse control and emotional regulation. So you end up depressed and impulsive. Recipe for suicide.
F*********** that's crazy.

u wonder how many suicides were results of concussion (not just the sporting field) over the years?

Is there a stat on boxers suicides?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back