All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I don't mind the "face looks to take on a heel manager, before realising they can succeed without them". It's a good use for Callis.

The best use of Callis would be sending him back to Impact.

He adds literally nothing to AEW.

Disagree. I think he’s a great heel manager and decent on commentary.

“decent on commentary” in a company that has too many colour commentators. 4 people in a commentary booth takes away from a match, it’s distracting.

Plus he’s really not needed for The Elite, it’s just an extra body that adds nothing to the roster.

I stand by my comment— the best use of Callis would be sending him back to Impact

Car accident.

The story could yet get so much worse - Alvarez tweeted a note from the school his kids go to and his wife works at cancelling classes due to a major tragedy.
2 adults killed and 2 people in critical condition as a result of the crash. Obviously no names or confirmation yet.

Last edited:
Car accident.

The story could yet get so much worse - Alvarez tweeted a note from the school his kids go to and his wife works at cancelling classes due to a major tragedy.

Posting a note from his kids school is pretty disrespectful at this time IMO.

While Jay was a professional wrestler, his family are not celebrities—- there is absolutely no need to be sharing content from their local community to wrestling fans on social media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posting a note from his kids school is pretty disrespectful at this time IMO.

While Jay was a professional wrestler, his family are not celebrities—- there is absolutely no need to be sharing content from their local community to wrestling fans on social media.
It's a significant news event. I think that's appropriate.

It's a significant news event. I think that's appropriate.

Jay didn’t work at the school—- his family did.

Jay is the public figure, thus why it’s “significant”—- but his family isn’t.

The school shared that to their community, they never intended for it to end up being shared with wrestling fans half a world away.

The school shared that to their community, they never intended for it to end up being shared with wrestling fans half a world away.

It was picked up in plenty of "normal" news reports as well.

Jay didn’t work at the school—- his family did.

Jay is the public figure, thus why it’s “significant”—- but his family isn’t.

A couple of reports have mentioned he volunteered as a football coach there.

I do accept the point though, it’s a bit tacky.

season 8 doug GIF

TK tweeted they’re filming an ROH Jay Briscoe special after Dynamite. I hope it wasn’t Warner still refusing a lot of mentions. It’ll be free on YouTube and Honor Club, but no word when.

Danielson and Bandido was mad today, and the Bucks & Top Flight was great too.

I was disappointed that Ruby Soho was the one to rescue Willow, the promo before the match made it seem like we were going down the path of home growns vs imports, and flip most of the division - which would’ve completely rejuvenated it and made it interesting.

Could still go that way, with Britt & Jaymie the other man players, but I would’ve preferred Ruby just stay away from the feud after last weeks banger.

Hate how they are booking people having to wrestle a bunch of other people before they get to MJF. Its been done a couple of times already now.

Last edited:
TK tweeted they’re filming an ROH Jay Briscoe special after Dynamite. I hope it wasn’t Warner still refusing a lot of mentions. It’ll be free on YouTube and Honor Club, but no word when.

There was plenty of mentions of Jay Briscoe on Dynamite-- both the arm bands, but also multiple mentions by the commentators.

It was more than what needed to be done considering Jay wasn't an AEW wrestler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back