Remove this Banner Ad

Article on the findings in the report on the Met
The final report released today in the UK.
All 363 pages.

'Baroness Casey Review
Final Report An independent review into the standards of behaviour and internal culture of the Metropolitan Police Service
Baroness Casey of Blackstock DBE CB

March 2023'

You'd probably have to wait until they are intoxicated.
How does that help? The bottle shop owner would need a comprehensive list of all those you become violent drunks, which obviously isn't feasible.

"Sorry sir, just let me check if you fly off the handle if I let you buy this"

If you're going to implement an alcohol ban, it would have to be for everyone.

How does that help? The bottle shop owner would need a comprehensive list of all those you become violent drunks, which obviously isn't feasible.

You have a banned drinkers register and buyers have to show ID to purchase.

AFP Commander Kate Ferry said three of the men were closely linked to the aviation industry. They were literally flying under the radar, at low altitude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the bashers was involved in another, similar, incident a few days earlier.

Nothing normally shocks me.

Lately I've been disgusted at the behaviours of women. Especially Young Offenders.

We've had alarming/violent/brutality in WA.

Mobs behaving worse than a pack of Hyenas !!

Justice needs to be swift and lengthy stints in prison should sort them all out !!

Was that the Qld girl belted and tortured by 3 little shiits after accepting an invite for a sleep over ?

Yes, there was a video link of one of them punching their victim and another bragging about what they'd done over hours, fully aware of the criminal act.

Their faces were blurred but I'm not really surprised to see it taken down, just a few seconds of it is hard to watch.

I would imagine in small country towns or isolated towns etc, the bottle shop owner/staff would know who the regular 'offenders' are. Example- Kununurra - population just over 5000 with only a few bottle shops and pubs/taverns. But even if they were banned it wouldnt stop others from buying alcohol for them. And I do worry for the safety of the bottle shop staff, when having to say no. I do believe alcohol restrictions work, but I just dont know what would be the best way to implement them.

I would imagine in small country towns or isolated towns etc, the bottle shop owner/staff would know who the regular 'offenders' are. Example- Kununurra - population just over 5000 with only a few bottle shops and pubs/taverns. But even if they were banned it wouldnt stop others from buying alcohol for them. And I do worry for the safety of the bottle shop staff, when having to say no. I do believe alcohol restrictions work, but I just dont know what would be the best way to implement them.
100% agree on them working (and I completely agree on the safety of staff).

Perhaps bottle shops could work like servos do after hours. Store is shut for everyone but staff and you purchase through a security window. You tell them what you want, they get it etc.

Semi related to the recent discussion in relation to store owners 'knowing' recidivist offenders. This may be of interest to people.

Recently, three lads from New Zealand saw a gap in a market that is ground breaking for Law Enforcement. Their idea is quickly gaining some serious momentum and has spiked the interest of international Law Enforcement Agencies including the USA.

The ground breaking technology (Aurora) basically works like this.

Petrol stations, bottle shops, supermarkets, etc have an Automatic Number Plate Recognition device installed. If a vehicle enters a location that has been involved in any sort of offence, an alert will be sent to local Law Enforcement in relation to the vehicle's current location.

I.e. A vehicle attends Bunnings and drives off with goods they haven't purchased. Someone from Bunnings then uploads information pertaining to that theft to the Database that can be accessed by Law Enforcement. The option is there for the store to also upload CCTV footage of the offence/vehicle, as well as providing still images and a description. Once they enter the vehicle's registration, that registration is automatically entered on the database. If that vehicle then attends a service station, shopping centre, bottle shop, etc that has the ANPR device installed, a notification will automatically be sent to local Law Enforcement in relation to the vehicle's current location.

The other advantage is a store manager who has been granted access to the Aurora platform will also receive a notification that a vehicle that has been used in the commission of an offence is currently at their store. They can then access information pertaining to that offence to determine whether there's a risk that vehicle will be involved in a theft (a crime prevention tool).

So basically the staff no longer need to rely on 'knowing an offender' to assist in crime prevention.

This is quite handy for service stations. If a vehicle has been involved in a series of petrol drive offs, they'll receive notification of that as soon as the vehicle goes through their ANPR. Then they can refuse to activate the fuel bowser as a crime prevention strategy.

However, prominent Perth lawyer John Hammond described it as an “exceptional” case.
“I think the judge got it right and I don’t think it will set a precedent,” he said.
The clock is ticking for state prosecutors to appeal Rayapen’s sentence, with the decision needed within three weeks.
7NEWS understands prosecutors are considering an appeal
Very pleased to hear that the prosecution appealed his piss weak sentence.

And currently the lead article (paywalled) in the West online is

Luigi Rayapen: UWA graduate could be sent to jail for sexual assault after appeal against suspended sentence​

'Emily Moulton
The West Australian
Mon, 27 March 2023 7:32PM

A UWA law graduate who was spared jail for sexually assaulting a fellow student at Rottnest Island is facing the prospect of being thrown behind bars after WA’s highest court was told he should not have been shown mercy nor was his remorse deeply genuine.

Luigi Ignace Rayapen was given a two-year suspended sentence for repeatedly ignoring the young woman’s pleas to stop violating her following end-of-exam celebrations at the holiday hot spot in June 2020.'

Semi related to the recent discussion in relation to store owners 'knowing' recidivist offenders. This may be of interest to people.

Recently, three lads from New Zealand saw a gap in a market that is ground breaking for Law Enforcement. Their idea is quickly gaining some serious momentum and has spiked the interest of international Law Enforcement Agencies including the USA.

The ground breaking technology (Aurora) basically works like this.

Petrol stations, bottle shops, supermarkets, etc have an Automatic Number Plate Recognition device installed. If a vehicle enters a location that has been involved in any sort of offence, an alert will be sent to local Law Enforcement in relation to the vehicle's current location.

I.e. A vehicle attends Bunnings and drives off with goods they haven't purchased. Someone from Bunnings then uploads information pertaining to that theft to the Database that can be accessed by Law Enforcement. The option is there for the store to also upload CCTV footage of the offence/vehicle, as well as providing still images and a description. Once they enter the vehicle's registration, that registration is automatically entered on the database. If that vehicle then attends a service station, shopping centre, bottle shop, etc that has the ANPR device installed, a notification will automatically be sent to local Law Enforcement in relation to the vehicle's current location.

The other advantage is a store manager who has been granted access to the Aurora platform will also receive a notification that a vehicle that has been used in the commission of an offence is currently at their store. They can then access information pertaining to that offence to determine whether there's a risk that vehicle will be involved in a theft (a crime prevention tool).

So basically the staff no longer need to rely on 'knowing an offender' to assist in crime prevention.

This is quite handy for service stations. If a vehicle has been involved in a series of petrol drive offs, they'll receive notification of that as soon as the vehicle goes through their ANPR. Then they can refuse to activate the fuel bowser as a crime prevention strategy.
For a minute there I thought you were going to say facial recognition !!

Where are facial recognition technologies used?
Another area where facial recognition is having a profound influence is in law enforcement agencies with policing, prevention and security. Video surveillance systems all around the world are now being installed with face recognition systems and linked to biometrics data and criminal databases.13 Jan 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Back