Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 3 - Saints v Bombers Sat April 1st 7:25pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Was an incredibly frustrating player at North. Every 6 months, for 5 minutes or so he looked like the greatest player of all time but went completely missing for all the rest.

Out of everyone we delisted over 2020-2021 he was probably the stiffest, but i think he probably needed the new environment and the near-career-death experience to get his act together. Happy for him, was great to watch tonight

edit: oh, and also probably because Cam Zurhaar pushed him out of the third tall position, and at the time he was behind Larkey and Brown. It was silly to delist him when we were also trading Brown, but we had a lot of confidence in Charlie Comben to come on sooner rather than later. That's turned out to be later.
The thing is that he now plays wing high half forward rather than 3rd forward. He plays so much better facing the forward line rather than away from it.

Last edited:

Saints
King
Steele
Membrey
Billings
Webster
Zac Jones

thats 6

Ess
2 meter Peter
And maybe Weideman who wasnt in Melbourbes best 2
Cox possibly

So who else? Cox, Stewart, Reid we’re not consistent starters in 2022.
Cox and Reid have been injured for so long now I had forgotten about them. Our 4 would be 2 metre, zerk,guelfi, tippa add Hobbs who I had forgotten as well.

Don't know if Jones is in their best 22

Cox and Reid have been injured for so long now I had forgotten about them. Our 4 would be 2 metre, zerk,guelfi, tippa add Hobbs who I had forgotten as well.

Don't know if Jones is in their best 22
of the injured players atm, the only sure thing best 22 players would be Steele, King, Membrey, and McKenzie. Then add Webster and Wood from this week. Jones and Billings need to earn selection through VFL, Hayes probably comes back through the VFL for game time. idk what to expect for Coffield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor ol' salty Redman looking the picture of disgust after pulling Caminiti out of the contest without the ball then petulantly bouncing the ball off him to give the young fella his 3rd AFL goal.

Redman acted like he was the best player on the field; in reality, he wasn't even the best Mason on the field.

Last edited:
Brad Scott is just another muppet that has been outcoached by Ross the Boss.

Add him to the list.

Longmuir
Beveridge
Brad Scott

Stewie Dew your next
Then after that it Pies and Blues before some lower ranked teams. Are think Saints can set up their season by round 10, and then start getting some outs back.

Question for all teams on fire now is sustainability in H2, it's a gruelling season.

Ha good one. I'm happy with our win, optimistic for our future. Definitely won't be as fruitless as the last 150 years, the limited opinions of oppo supporters won't affect it, so why would I worry?
Classy response.
Go Saints!

Great win Saints. Essendon jumper utterly hideous and unnecessary. Weid still a spud. Glad we got rid of him otherwise he’d be playing today, dropping chest marks and doing * all.

Was an incredibly frustrating player at North. Every 6 months, for 5 minutes or so he looked like the greatest player of all time but went completely missing for all the rest.

Out of everyone we delisted over 2020-2021 he was probably the stiffest, but i think he probably needed the new environment and the near-career-death experience to get his act together. Happy for him, was great to watch tonight

edit: oh, and also probably because Cam Zurhaar pushed him out of the third tall position, and at the time he was behind Larkey and Brown. It was silly to delist him when we were also trading Brown, but we had a lot of confidence in Charlie Comben to come on sooner rather than later. That's turned out to be later.
Did they ever try him on the wing?

Carlton looked like world beaters this time last year. If saints play finals I’ll be surprised.
our season looked great and went to s**t due to injuries losing walsh, jewett etc

saints are already devastated by injuries and are still 3-0 and dominant

we have the better list slightly, but I will readily admit ross is a boss and better than voss

saints are the real deal, especially once their guns are back

dont think theyll win the flag but finals are likely

Back