Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Tylar Young

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Marlion Pickett

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but we draft some shockers, let's be honest. I don't think more development would have saved the likes of Elton, Vickery, Post, McBean etc. Griffiths had a lot of potential and would have been handy in 2017 I reckon, the way we were playing. He was just super unlucky. Imagine we had him aged 25 right now and sans concussion, would be fantastic.

But great ones are rare, really good ones still pretty rare, and capable ones still pretty uncommon, so not an easy position to find the right players for.
JVR amazing debut. Gibcus got a lot of games into him. He lasted the year well and I was amazed at his running numbers in the final. Lots of clangers too. Good skills.

Ryan is only just proper debuting after a couple of years.

We are fairly well stocked for talls

OUT: Mansell, Ralphsmith, Clarke, Graham, Cotchin (rest/sub)
IN: Cumberland (from sub), Short, Hopper, Martin, Sonsie

The last change is really hard to make even after culling Graham on form. Ross played well and likely isn't dropped.

So Cotchin has a rest or can play as the sub, which should be his ideal role from here on at this age.

The team will be looking much better with these changes instead of losing games at selection.

Not convinced with Miller at this point. He’s not crap, but just serviceable and Ryan a better option as the ruckman to relieve Nank
Yeah I’ve been impressed with Ryan’s tap work so far. Better than I expected. Miller takes young’s spot. I thought he wasn’t too bad in round 1 but not a great deal different to young’s output so a bit of a like for like with that one

Out - Ryan, HRS, mansell, ross & JGTI
In - Martin, hopper, short, sonsie & miller

Regardless, We win comfortably this week!

Coaches votes show that only 2 Richmond players received votes v 7 pies players with De Goey only player both coaches voted for. Given it is unlikely that MCCrae only voted for his team, that would lead me to believe that Dimma might not have given any votes to his players. Which might hint that Dimma was in fact filthy at the effort. Which I think is a good thing

The last change is really hard to make even after culling Graham on form. Ross played well and likely isn't dropped.

So Cotchin has a rest or can play as the sub, which should be his ideal role from here on at this age.

The team will be looking much better with these changes instead of losing games at selection.

Graham is not getting dropped mate. His defensive numbers are through the roof.

Agree Graham very good in the first two weeks but looked as though he was carrying something last week. Should only be out if rested “general soreness”

Graham is not getting dropped mate. His defensive numbers are through the roof.
huh..... De go, SideB, Crisp, Daics x 2, Noble, Tubby Mitchell and Adams ran rampant. Bakes, Balta and Nank and Pies poor early conversion saved us from a 12 goal flogging.

Defensive numbers thru the roof my arse.

Get the friggin ball and put it to good use, is 100 times more effective than chasing someone and never catching them.

Coaches votes show that only 2 Richmond players received votes v 7 pies players with De Goey only player both coaches voted for. Given it is unlikely that MCCrae only voted for his team, that would lead me to believe that Dimma might not have given any votes to his players. Which might hint that Dimma was in fact filthy at the effort. Which I think is a good thing
baker deserved votes, Hardwick or McRae should not have been floggish about it

Not sure why some are saying Jayden Short comes into the team this week , Didnt the fitness guy mention they will be playing it safe and giving him time to get over the calf issue ?

Dont think there will be many changes this week max 3

The choice looks clear to me. Graham or Ross. Both can't play. One has go go for Sonsie.

Ross was better on the weekend.
I personally didn't rate Ross' game. Has no intensity.

Not sure why some are saying Jayden Short comes into the team this week , Didnt the fitness guy mention they will be playing it safe and giving him time to get over the calf issue ?

“I think Hopper, Dustin and Short will all play next week,” Hardwick said.

Rfc website....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets hope Taranto isn't such a ball magnet this week and concentrates on keeping the Bont in Check, has the size and fitness to go with him and it's certain stages will be able to run off him.

Agreed with you on Cotchin. Make him the sub then let him go full pace and reek havoc.

lets hope Taranto isn't such a ball magnet this week and concentrates on keeping the Bont in Check, has the size and fitness to go with him and it's certain stages will be able to run off him.
Think Hopper will be the match up for Bont (if he plays) had the job on Cripps round one and limited his impact

Yeh fitness guy said likely one more week, but dimma said in his presser post game that'd he back back next week

I personally didn't rate Ross' game. Has no intensity.
apart from the bleeding obvious.... Jack Ross had the least time on ground than any other player, both sides, and his stats and 66 percent time on ground compared very favourably with Pendlebury.

I get the feeling Hardwick is blending him nicely into the season without flogging him and expecting big things from the lad.

apart from the bleeding obvious.... Jack Ross had the least time on ground than any other player, both sides, and his stats and 66 percent time on ground compared very favourably with Pendlebury.

I get the feeling Hardwick is blending him nicely into the season without flogging him and expecting big things from the lad.
I want the old Ross back , built like a tank
Not the built like a dweeb 2023 version.

I know this has been debated already but, whilst I'm optimistic about Tom Brown, I'll just leave this here...

Yep, let's keep drafting flankers and utilities and let the other clubs take the midfielders and key position players...

He was pick-19. So most other clubs overlooked him also, so I’m not overly critical of the club on this pick. KPP are very very hit and miss - Griffiths was 19. CCJ around 20. And looking back at phantom drafts leading into 2021, despite kicking goals late in the underage season, it reports that many clubs saw him as a future KPD, not forward - given we picked up Gibcus maybe we were the same and thought his future was down back?

We did get a very promising KPF/Ruck in Ryan at around 40, so every other club overlooked him twice…. so I’m very happy with our key position stocks overall given our lack of quality draft picks.

Our drafting would be the envy of almost every other club - a finals team for the best part of a decade and a recent dynasty, yet still we have a list with plenty of quality 26yo’s and younger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree Graham very good in the first two weeks but looked as though he was carrying something last week. Should only be out if rested “general soreness”
There was one passage of play where it looked like Graham was running through waist-deep water. Seemed to be straining to lift the knees up high while actually hardly moving. Reminded me of Lynch when he stops turns and struggles to accelerate.

Back