Autopsy Autopsy v Dog

bog

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately it looks like we gave away a top 10 pick this year which will hurt
It is what it is !!

You have to go with your gut and take risks to snag a flag
The club seen a weakness in the side based on last years performances where we were a bee's d!ck away from another grand final and we missed out on top 2 spot due to many games lost by less than a kick - mainly due to the midfield getting thumped

They had to go for it similar to Cats giving up what they did for jezza Cameron
Injuries are our problem now and have nothing to do with the trades made last year and to even think that was a bad call is just silly

LOL. You literally picked all the picks we fudged for a decade & excluded all the Brownlow Medalist, Coleman medalist, AA's that were taken by every other club in those pick selections. The picks we gave up for Hopper & Taranto were great picks. Sure, if we stuffed up those picks we might have only traded Ben Lennon, Ben Griffiths, Corey Ellis & Jayden Post for them. But, if those picks actually hit it could be Cripps, Bolton, Shane Edwards & Tom DeKoning.

At what point of us not hitting the lofty targets YOU and others like YOU keep setting on us, will it be acknowledged that we are no longer the fearsome Super Team you still like to think we are? That we are not hitting the lofty targets YOU are setting AFTER we keep making these list changes? Be it trading 2 years of picks or re-signing Cotchin, Riewoldt - at what point do we actually look at the results and question if we are not just trying to push s**t up a hill?

It's over. Rebuild ASAP. Been saying it for 2 years FFS & nothing over the past 2 years has been achieved to suggest we should have kept doubling down on Yesterdays Champions. You keep saying im wrong & i sit back quietly for months, let you talk and then wait for the seasons to unfold and then wait for all the excuses.

Said Last year - AFL will not let this team succeed under Dimma again & we saw one of the most blatant examples of the AFL influencing a result with "ARC-Gate". The examples that prove what i've been saying far outweigh any positive results we have had. Our luck wont change till Dimma moves on & thats because there is no such thing as Luck in the AFL anymore, as the AFL learned that "Luck" can be manufactured in the form of replays, suspensions, compo picks etc etc etc. The AFL changed everything so much, they literally control the "luck" & we magically have had none since COVID.
We are rebuilding you dill , read my lips , you don’t have to be losing by 10G a week with a percentage of 50% to be called a rebuild ,,, playing 7 kids certainly qualifies , you got me , we have a couple of mids in their mid 20s that we can build a side around at 50p a game between them they are already a very good foundation and we would t have got within 4-5G of an oppo so far without them
a bunch of teen pics wouldn’t have produced players of their caliber , period and we’d be years behind where we are now.

It is what it is !!

You have to go with your gut and take risks to snag a flag
The club seen a weakness in the side based on last years performances where we were a bee's d!ck away from another grand final and we missed out on top 2 spot due to many games lost by less than a kick - mainly due to the midfield getting thumped

They had to go for it similar to Cats giving up what they did for jezza Cameron
Injuries are our problem now and have nothing to do with the trades made last year and to even think that was a bad call is just silly
Jezza has been huge for cats so they roghtly sold the farm.

Jury still out of tarrant and hopper, but if we keep getting smashed in clearances like against the dogs, then we basically sold the farm and didn’t solve anything

Jury still out of tarrant and hopper, but if we keep getting smashed in clearances like against the dogs, then we basically sold the farm and didn’t solve anything
hindsight

Lets see what happens in 1-2 years time before we call it a fail after just 4 games its crazy

hindsight

Lets see what happens in 1-2 years time before we call it a fail after just 4 games its crazy
Most people forget Cameron’s first year at Geelong where he was injury riddled and only played 15 games with next to no impact
At the time everyone was calling that trade a bust

R1 won clearances ✔️
r2 won clearances ✔️
r3 won clearances ✔️
r4 lost clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

re taranto and hopper. they have been fine this year, taranto has been very solid actually, winning the hard ball like we want. but guys like prestia has been having down years.

Also we could of actually won all our games this year, yet our stupidity and carelessness with the ball has cost us time and time again. its the same story as last year, we havent learnt

If it was me, I'd be bringing Banks in for his debut considering we will be without Short for another week.
Out: Nank, Graham, Lynch
In: Miller, Banks, Riewoldt

I'd like to see Bauer get a run but that's a long shot.

We are rebuilding you dill , read my lips , you don’t have to be losing by 10G a week with a percentage of 50% to be called a rebuild ,,, playing 7 kids certainly qualifies , you got me , we have a couple of mids in their mid 20s that we can build a side around at 50p a game between them they are already a very good foundation and we would t have got within 4-5G of an oppo so far without them
a bunch of teen pics wouldn’t have produced players of their caliber , period and we’d be years behind where we are now.

Rebuilding by signing a 33 year old Full Back last year for 2 years? Then re-signing Cotchin & Riewoldt, at the cost of persisting with young players like Chol & RCD.

OK

sounds like we are trying to have our cake and eat it too. Which more often than not, leaves you with no cake & not the most enjoyable way to eat a cake.

Rebuilding by trading 2 years of draft picks might be the dumbest argument i've heard sorry.

The s**t you guys try to convince yourselves of is unbelievable. Tarrant. Hopper. Taranto. Riewoldt. Cotchin..... They are the decisions we made last year going into this season.

We are not "rebuilding" - we have been re-tooling in the hope of a quick reboot. It hasn't worked.

You don't "Rebuild" by excluding yourself from the 1st & 2nd round of the draft for 2 season.

Back