Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering the lack of rookie options, I’m boosting this week and getting in some secure solid scoring low BE and getting rid of some money losers

Setterfield/McGrath/Ginbey for Soldo/Soligo/any mid up to $540k via swinging Sheezel and Macpherson to DEF

Swinging DMac and Sheezel automatically improves my defence already.

Soldo is gonna be no 1 ruck for the long term with Nank out. Low BE, even some tidy 70-80s over the next few weeks will make some cash. Also good ruck cover if required. RUC/FWD means I can run him at F6.

Soligo is doing quite nicely in that Crows midfield recently too. Very very low Breakeven. MID/FWD as well.

Can go from Steele down with the midfielder choice. If I do go with Steele it won’t leave me with much in the bank so I may have to go with a lower range player to have some money to play with next week. I’m thinking along the lines of

Rowell
Perryman
Day
Hewett
Simpkin
Newcombe etc.

Soldo is gonna be no 1 ruck for the long term with Nank out. Low BE, even some tidy 70-80s over the next few weeks will make some cash. Also good ruck cover if required. RUC/FWD means I can run him at F6.

Nank could possibly be back as early as rd.10, so you'll want to factor that into your decision.

We'll probably play Soldo with him, so I doubt he'd lose his spot if the cover is important to you, but his TOG and score will likely be affected.

Still going around in circles now two trades for Sicily
or
3 trades for Oliver - with hardly any more money for any other trades until the byes

Dog Chasing GIF by Maryanne Chisholm - MCArtist

Out: Ginbey, Roberts
In: Cincotta, Simpson

Was $600 short of getting Cripps unless I trade Chandler and I don't want to do that so double rookies it is.

286k in the kitty

Hmm I had Greene and Ginbey as my pencilled-in trade outs this week, but if Phillips can't get a game after last week, I don't have much faith about him being safe from the sub risk when he does make it back.

I felt he had more cash gen left in him than the alternatives, but Clarko is a massive kent.

Who would you kents hold out of Ginbey and Greene? Ginbey seems like the obvious answer, but he does appear to have hit a wall.

Hmm I had Greene and Ginbey as my pencilled-in trade outs this week, but if Phillips can't get a game after last week, I don't have much faith about him being a safe sub risk when he died make it back.

I felt he had more cash gen left in him than the alternatives, but Clarko is a massive kent.

Who would you kents hold out of Ginbey and Greene? Ginbey seems like the obvious answer, but he does appear to have hit a wall.

I'm giving Greene 1 more week and trading Ginbey.

Hmm I had Greene and Ginbey as my pencilled-in trade outs this week, but if Phillips can't get a game after last week, I don't have much faith about him being safe from the sub risk when he does make it back.

I'm giving both another week they should get around their BE's both 61 and will be on the bench so should be no harm done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hold Greene, trade Ginbey imo

Fighting the urge to check out this year, normally float around the top 1-3k but now lying 30k overall. Bad R1 calls, Tom Stewart, and the worst Round 2 score of all time have shot me.

No real s**t rooks on field, just McKenna, Ashcroft, JHF and Chandler. No on field room for Cincotta when he comes in. Carrying 5x red dots now though, and have lots of annoying mid pricers - Setterfield, Hopper, JHF, Richards, Ridley.

Trying to figure out my trades this week. Currently too heavy on the week 4 bye. 25 trades left, 3 boosts.

Thinking: T1: Esava to Cincotta via DPP, T2: Setterfield to Clayton Oliver & 33k left

Esava would be very handy through the byes, but he's probably topped out for cash and need to fund upgrades somewhere. Questions I'm considering are

- In my precarious situation, is Oliver the play? He feels like value and the right time to get him is now or next week. But, with the position my team is in, do I take a haircut, go for a Anderson (96k), Steele (115k), Mills (118k), or Brayshaw (142k) type to buy a premo even lower and use that cash elsewhere

- Is it worth activating a boost to punt Ridley or Richards & or which one if so? If I keep Oliver, I can take a flyer on Hayden Young/Caleb Daniel with either, or Wil Powell losing Ridley. But feels like if I'm going to do this, it'd be better to:

- Take a haircut on Oliver, go down to say, Steele, and use that cash to get Richards up to Sinclair/Sicily/Docherty, or Ridley up to Stewart

- Or do I activate a boost to take a risk on a rookie knowing I've got too many red dots at present, for both cover and cash gen. Either Roberts to Simpson/Angwin or Alwyn to Teakle or Dylan Williams (I really like Williams long term now, but he's got the wrong bye is the only downside)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

30k and 25 trades with 3 boosts seems fine to me? I’m top 3k with 17 left - smart money would suggest with some shrewd trades teams like yours will mow mine down easily. I’ve done a lot of short term gain trades, and crossed everything they will pay off in long run, but I’m still tracking to give up by the byes.

Probably can’t win the 50k but I’m guessing most teams are gone by now.

So keep at it.

As for trades - I don’t see a reason to keep boosts. I’d probably go aggressive next 2 weeks to get 2 super premos in. Oliver being an obvious one.

Davey to Williams is a tick for your team - would love to do it but conserving trades personally.

And then can you go Setterfield to Oliver without sacrificing Sav and his bye round?

Hopper & JHF are keeps for now for me. Aim to get them to M8/F6. By the end of the byes I’d aim for one of Ridley/Richards to be D6, have one other gone.

Can you post your entire team?

So keep at it.
Completely agree here Skippos

Once upon a time a guy named Pickett or something strolled through here with the most god awful team any of us have ever seen.

Despite his push to start with a new team in like Round 3. We got together and came up with a plan for him to salvage it.

Trust me, if we could help that team, we can help with yours. You have so many trades left, and it is such a long season. Ranked 35k isn't that bad. A lot of experienced campaigners dwindling well below you.

Completely agree here Skippos

Once upon a time a guy named Pickett or something strolled through here with the most god awful team any of us have ever seen.

Despite his push to start with a new team in like Round 3. We got together and came up with a plan for him to salvage it.

Trust me, if we could help that team, we can help with yours. You have so many trades left, and it is such a long season. Ranked 35k isn't that bad. A lot of experienced campaigners dwindling well below you.
Only been on here for a few weeks so who were you in a previous life?

1683191867734.png
Who Are You Butters GIF by South Park

30k and 25 trades with 3 boosts seems fine to me? I’m top 3k with 17 left - smart money would suggest with some shrewd trades teams like yours will mow mine down easily. I’ve done a lot of short term gain trades, and crossed everything they will pay off in long run, but I’m still tracking to give up by the byes.

Probably can’t win the 50k but I’m guessing most teams are gone by now.

So keep at it.

As for trades - I don’t see a reason to keep boosts. I’d probably go aggressive next 2 weeks to get 2 super premos in. Oliver being an obvious one.

Davey to Williams is a tick for your team - would love to do it but conserving trades personally.

And then can you go Setterfield to Oliver without sacrificing Sav and his bye round?

Hopper & JHF are keeps for now for me. Aim to get them to M8/F6. By the end of the byes I’d aim for one of Ridley/Richards to be D6, have one other gone.

Can you post your entire team?

On a 2nd thought I’ve gone off Williams with Farrell returning next week -

Would you trade Ashcroft to Ryan

Or Ridley to Ryan

Ashcroft gets a rookie off the field but tbh he’s been performing as well as Ridley and potentially has another $50k to make until his Rd12 bye

Would you trade Ashcroft to Ryan

Or Ridley to Ryan

Ashcroft gets a rookie off the field but tbh he’s been performing as well as Ridley and potentially has another $50k to make until his Rd12 bye

One does simply not trade out Ashcroft coming off 100 with a BE of 30.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back