Trades 2023 Round 8 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

hahah worried theyll rest him at all?
We're resting him in game. 64% game time last week. We also have 8 first choice players out including Guthrie so he won't spend any time out of the side unless he himself gets injured.

Cincotta coming in this week, plus one of Simpson or Wagner.
Both have iffy security, but one banks you another $50k in the bank.
Wait for tonight to see if they on the bench or on the field.

Can’t see Wagner getting back into the Freo side

Fergus Greene > Jezza Cameron

Apart from Cincotta, the rest is Rookies Lotto - JS wise :straining:
Might just kicking the can down the road until next week. Of course that might not work.

kick-it-hit-it.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd8.png rd8money.png
Rd 8 side.png
Look I don't love this but with the $ situation and lack of rookies this might have to be the move. Luke Ryan will probably burn me and stop his Linsanity run, but the average is getting hard to ignore

Sinclair a option too ..
I think he's more solid but not really the ceiling of Ryan imo
Yea its either him or Sinclair for sure since I'd almost lock Stewart back into my backline even though he burnt me in round 1

Fighting the urge to check out this year, normally float around the top 1-3k but now lying 30k overall. Bad R1 calls, Tom Stewart, and the worst Round 2 score of all time have shot me.

No real s**t rooks on field, just McKenna, Ashcroft, JHF and Chandler. No on field room for Cincotta when he comes in. Carrying 5x red dots now though, and have lots of annoying mid pricers - Setterfield, Hopper, JHF, Richards, Ridley.

Trying to figure out my trades this week. Currently too heavy on the week 4 bye. 25 trades left, 3 boosts.

Thinking: T1: Esava to Cincotta via DPP, T2: Setterfield to Clayton Oliver & 33k left

Esava would be very handy through the byes, but he's probably topped out for cash and need to fund upgrades somewhere. Questions I'm considering are

- In my precarious situation, is Oliver the play? He feels like value and the right time to get him is now or next week. But, with the position my team is in, do I take a haircut, go for a Anderson (96k), Steele (115k), Mills (118k), or Brayshaw (142k) type to buy a premo even lower and use that cash elsewhere

- Is it worth activating a boost to punt Ridley or Richards & or which one if so? If I keep Oliver, I can take a flyer on Hayden Young/Caleb Daniel with either, or Wil Powell losing Ridley. But feels like if I'm going to do this, it'd be better to:

- Take a haircut on Oliver, go down to say, Steele, and use that cash to get Richards up to Sinclair/Sicily/Docherty, or Ridley up to Stewart

- Or do I activate a boost to take a risk on a rookie knowing I've got too many red dots at present, for both cover and cash gen. Either Roberts to Simpson/Angwin or Alwyn to Teakle or Dylan Williams (I really like Williams long term now, but he's got the wrong bye is the only downside)

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Was tossing up between Oliver and Cripps for the SP trade in. Thinking although Oliver is likely to still be gettable at a good price next week, cartons got a hard run of games coming up, so might just lock in 🐖 now

My chol will grow another 2 inches (to roughly 14") before Wagner gets back into the Dockers team.

He's awful.
You spelt millimetres wrong.

Think I'm just going:

Ginbey & Greene > Cincotta & Simpson

Leaves me with $478k for upgrades next week.
22 Trades Left.

Hopefully Clarry doesn't go too big and is a little cheaper next week.
Surely with that bank you bite the bullet, use a boost and get him in this week? He is not going to drop much further (if at all) and you are leaving a lot of idle cash in bank and points on the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back