The Luke Jackson trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Talk to me about Carlton now son. Tell me everything you know.
Lol , still mouth frothing toump

Carlton have beaten 13th , 14th and 17th
This from a pre season top 4 favourite… who still aren’t even in the 8
Real powerhouse displays

Now tell me about Melbourne champ.
Still on track for that dynasty you kept chirping about after 21’ season?

Now tell me about Melbourne champ.
Still on track for that dynasty you kept chirping about after 21’ season?
Looking good, nice fat Top 5 picky to spend this coming trade period gonna help a lot!!!!

Pretty hard for Jackson since Freo barely seemed to get the ball beyond the centre for about 80-90% of the game. Just looking at the stats, none of their forwards got a sniff of it all afternoon.

Plenty of worse problems for Freo than Jackson.

If Luke Jackson had a competitive bone in his body he would be raging mad and putting in a trade request unless Jlo leaves

Just looking for that 'egg on my face' watching Freo's season up in flames and Wacko copping a hammering from Coxzilla

Los Angeles Lol GIF by NBA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another no show from Luke Jackson when the team needed him to stand up the most

Jackson will still be a good player for them, probably not the generational talent they think he'll be though.

Freo still has 2 very easy games coming up, if they can pinch another win we'll probably end up with pick 5 or 6 (before academy picks) which I think is fair compensation.

All that aside, it was just a really bizarre move by Freo, it wasn't a position that they were desperate to fill, and Jackson has now given them more headaches to balance their team, not to mention the damage they did to their culture with slashing their list to fit him in. They're somehow got into this mindset of poaching players and they'll do anything they can to see it though, regardless of the damage they do to their team.

Yep Tim Kelly like
So much worse actually.

Kelly was a position of need. Jackson was not.

The 2x top clubs have bog average ruckmen, overpaying for Jackson hasn't improved Freo at all.

Nobody expected Freo to fall this hard but not having a first rounder this year makes it so much worse than the Kelly trade.

Kelly's also been our best mid since he was traded, so he's also holding up his end. Not his fault the rest of the team went to s**t.

So much worse actually.

The 2x top clubs have bog average ruckmen, overpaying for Jackson hasn't improved Freo at all.

Nobody expected Freo to fall this hard but not having a first rounder this year makes it so much worse than the Kelly trade.

Kelly's also been our best mid since he was traded, so he's also holding up his end. Not his fault the rest of the team went to s**t.

Nothing wrong with the Kelly trade, at the time he was worth it.

So much worse actually.

Giving up Daniel Curtin too which will hurt even more as they are after a bigger bodied midfielder which is what Curtin will play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back